Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: shepherd-Yes, shepherd

Just to continue pressing buttons I'm just going to throw in the speed build point some raised in another thread, although I've forgotten which one. Combined with a dwarf free build, the speed build would give you the potential to destroy buildings after an attack then rebuild getting your province together again just in time for your army to get back. Together with the dwarf BE, plus any science, you'll be pretty efficient for your next hit, and pretty flexible to the needs of the Kd in or out of war!

It's not my strategy, I just read it somewhere and am putting it back out there.

p.s. I always choose Mystic playing T/M's. I just like to argue the point about Shepherds ;o)

Dwarves can't speedbuild.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Forum Addict
    VT2, you don't need to speed build...the post was in this one lol, by me. With shepard bonus and builders boom you could consistently tear down buildings that are only for attacking, and rebuild so that they come in right before army comes back. As the calculations in this thread show, this could allow for upwards of a 15-20BE boost. In effect, Shepard when paired with dwarf is like artisan, but with all the imunities. The only problem is that this is exclusively possible when done with dwarf(since you only need to pay -30% raze costs, and even have some credits to help offset that), and dwarf is aweful this age.

edit: i'd actually really like to hear thoughts on this from some of the peeps posting in this thread, since it seems like all the mechanics work for this--but i'd thought this thread was set to die a painful death :)
    Last edited by Topsy; 15-02-2012 at 06:47.

A good player can make any combination work, however, a good player only picks good combinations. Thus, the separation between a pro and a noob is further increased.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Thread Information