Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nuclear Power/Weapons

Nuclear Power/Weapons

What are people's opinions on nuclear power as a worldwide energy source? Is it a hazard to the environment or is it simply the next logical step in worldwide energy?

And what of nuclear weapons? Do you all think it is fair for s certain minority of countries to hold the monopoly on the world's nuclear weapons and dissallow others from obtaining them?

Also, do people here think that the world needs nuclear weapons?
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Gundam??? odd ...

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

What?
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Post Fiend
    Nuclear power is good for a big country that dont have enough resource to supply electric around.But for a small country nuclear power is insignificant since there is a lot more much cheaper and and environment friendly energy source.

If everyone got nuclear weapon, no one will be afraid of the current nuclear weapon holder.nuclear weapon war only can damage the world.

If everyone had nuclear weapons, i think people would indeed be afraid. Nuclear weapons can/could damage the world rather thoroughly i think. I can understand using technology for an energy source, yet i dislike that it is being used to create mighty weapons.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

If everyone in a room had a gun pointed at someone else, I'd feel less safe than if my friend and I were the only ones with guns.

Yes that seems logical.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Whether or not my friend and I should have guns in the first place is a matter of debate. If others in the room who hate me have a possibility of acquiring guns, I might just hold on to mine.

all you need to do if throw your support behind one guy that agrees to protect you and ensure you give him the cash he needs to have a really big gun.

nuclear power is ridiculously efficient.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Nice moustache!
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Enthusiast
    nuclear power is something our government is eventually going to have to do away with. It uses way to much water. Nuclear plants use more water than the farms use for irrigation. Farms are strickly regulated on the ammount of water it does use or they get a pretty hefty fine. even states have been fined heavily for using more water that what they should.

basically what needs pushed is solar energy, geothermal energy, bio fuels and trubine unites.

Indeed if every house in Australia (where i live) had a large solar panel on the roof, the amount of solar energy collected would be phenomonal.

What about Nuclear Weapons, are they a necessity for human civilisation do you think?
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post

What about Nuclear Weapons, are they a necessity for human civilisation do you think?

Yeah, you never know what will happen and we might need a powerful bomb. Sooner or later, we will get hit by a comet and nuking it might be one alternative to save our planet. Also, nukes PREVENT a lot of wars. The Cold War might not have been so cold unless both sides had nukes.
    ABS vs Rangers

I am not entirely sure but if we fired a nuke at a comet, wouldn't the gravitational pull of the earth send all of the nuclear radiation heading in our direction back on earth?

I agree that nukes are a good incentive to stop conflicts, yet i dislike sharing the planet with nuclear weapons i have to say.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    I am not entirely sure but if we fired a nuke at a comet, wouldn't the gravitational pull of the earth send all of the nuclear radiation heading in our direction back on earth?

I agree that nukes are a good incentive to stop conflicts, yet i dislike sharing the planet with nuclear weapons i have to say.
    Impossible to say what would happen and if it would work at all. But it would be nice to have the alternative.

I think Nuclear Weapons should win the Nobel Peace Prize. :)
    ABS vs Rangers

Thread Information