Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you respond?

How would you respond?

Say you were given this welcome into a new kingdom. How would you react?

Quote Originally Posted by You
    What he said. Account settings, bottom setting. Change to CSS.

Another Swede here. I don't like IRC personally, but will pop in once in a while.
    If there's a chat needed, we have a perfectly fine Chat available on the left menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Person A
    As was sayed earlier, IRC is a must in this KD. If u want to use the ingame chat you are probably the only one. If you dont use IRC you will get the DDD fast. Delete, Defect or Die.
    And annoyed, you respond;

Quote Originally Posted by You
    Why, i just get such fuzzy feelings already. Here, allow me to give you a cup of don't-give-a-****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Person B
    i seeing one DDD now., good luck^_~
    Quote Originally Posted by Person C
    It's gonna be a fun age. First noob DDD this early! Yay!
    How would you react?
    And yes, i'm fully aware my first response was immature and stupid.

Welcome all nubs with open arms ;)
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

I would kill you off, for making such a silly statement as the ingame chat is perfectly fine.

I would respond by doing with the KD asks. This is a team game and if you want to play on a team, then you do so by acting like it.

If I didn't *want* to do those things for "XYZ" reason, then I'd thank them for their time and move on.

let him play ... let new players play ...

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveWitch View Post
    I would respond by doing with the KD asks. This is a team game and if you want to play on a team, then you do so by acting like it.

If I didn't *want* to do those things for "XYZ" reason, then I'd thank them for their time and move on.
    I have so far. Even though they've setup a forum, which i have to register and then get the admin to activate, and then go to the chat on another page. It's stupid if you ask me, but i don't mind it and have done it. In fact, i think about 10 people out of 20 have done it so far. Stupid to tell me to abide by the rules or DDD when others haven't. I'm also only one of 5 respondents on the entire forum too. The other forum? Except for one response to a general talk thread, hasn't been updated for 2 months. The kingdom page for this age still hasn't been updated and it's been like that for a few weeks i think.

So it's pretty ****ty attitude to tell me to do as they say, when they can't even update info and be active on their own site. Which they REQUIRE me to do.

This is 1 of many issues for new players. No1 can force an external tool but as we all know this is a team game and if a team wants to build up into something more than a 'ghetto' they gotta all be on the same page.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Forum Addict
    That's the way it is Coffee. I welcome new players with open arms and try my best with absolute nublets but even I have my standards. I don't force my players to use IRC, in fact we're quite idle on the chat front out of war, but a monarch's got to play it the way he/she wants to. It's a thankless task enough already....

you need to give time to new players to understand utopia - its a game unlike any other lol
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

IRC and MSN chat do not at all increase the ability to converse with Kingdommates, between Kingdom Chat, the Kingdom Forum and Mail there is already three perfectly good ways of communicating with your comrades. I would respond by moving to another Kingdom if i were you.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
    IRC and MSN chat do not at all increase the ability to converse with Kingdommates, between Kingdom Chat, the Kingdom Forum and Mail there is already three perfectly good ways of communicating with your comrades. I would respond by moving to another Kingdom if i were you.
    It does increase the ability to work well toghter as a team, there is no surprise that those kingdoms that have high irc activity is also those kingdoms that always stay at the top of the food chain. Plus IRC gives you alot of other options as bot that helps the kingdom greatly

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    It does increase the ability to work well toghter as a team, there is no surprise that those kingdoms that have high irc activity is also those kingdoms that always stay at the top of the food chain. Plus IRC gives you alot of other options as bot that helps the kingdom greatly
    I agree it does. However, i personally find it stupid to ask people to do it YOUR way, rather than just setting up an irc channel the normal way and just giving the details. But creating a website, a rarely used forum and an irc channel which you're forcing people to use is just stupid to me. Yes, i can see the advantages it gives. I used to play the game previously and hell we had crazy **** like schools, diplomat universities i think as well and even thousands of irc channels by hundreds of alliances and groups. But the way you go about it is also important.

You try and actively engage with people to use it, show it's advantages and when they do come to the channel, have a friendly chat or two. I was there for all together 14 hours in 2 days. No conversations, everyone just idling. I did say hi. Nothing.
    With actions like these, it's hard not to just say **** it and not give a ****.

A team works two ways, not one way. And these douchebags are showing they're not willing to be civil about welcoming people to the kingdom or playing nice. So why should i make any effort?

Forum Addict
    IRC is deffinetly far better than in-game chat. But if a KD with so few players that you could random into it is giving you such a hard time, then i'd either random out, or find a KD that also has certain requirenments but is actually good/decent through the recruiting thread.

I agree it does. However, i personally find it stupid to ask people to do it YOUR way, rather than just setting up an irc channel the normal way and just giving the details. But creating a website, a rarely used forum and an irc channel which you're forcing people to use is just stupid to me.
    Wrong game to play if you dont like team efforts.

A team works two ways, not one way. And these douchebags are showing they're not willing to be civil about welcoming people to the kingdom or playing nice. So why should i make any effort?
    Its a ungrateful job to build a kd, they do it the brute raw way, instead of toddling around with potenital players, what if they inves time in you being nice and all then you go inactive after few days cause you thought this was boring, then all that effort from them would been wasted.

How does IRC and MSN chat make a Kingdom work more effectively as a team compared to Kingdom Chat, Kingdom Forum and Mail? Either way it is all just communication, as long as a Kingdom is talking to one another i do not see how it can make a difference.

Kingdom Chat, MSN chat, either way they are exactly the same.
    LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Thread Information