Quote Originally Posted by dx7778 View Post
stoffi, lets keep the thread balanced shall we? i aint norwegian or an american but i knw for a fact U.S.A has contributed more than anyother country the way the world is shaped now. each country has its own pros and cons and no country is invincible. it doesnt mean if a guy is a moderator he cannot be patriotic and be defensive about his country. ur going at a right path to finding the problems of a country tho.
Well, USA is in many ways a great country and in other ways a very bad country. In modern history, no country has shaped the world like the US has, we all enjoy McDonalds, Coca Cola, we lean towards the American Accent rather than the British Accent(unlike before), we watch Hollywood movies, we go to New York and experience a fantastic city, etc. USA is a lot and very varied. Land of the brave and the free, it used to be.

But look at the big picture here. Things are going downhill(which could be said for many other countries as well, e.g. Greece, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc.). So, as my topic says, WHAT WENT WRONG WITH THE US? They went from beloved super power to hated world police. They went from being a country where everyone could succeed to a country with huge social differences, with more and more middle class families falling into poverty and trailers. And with poverty and desperation comes hardcore religion. People seek comfort in religion and thus goes the opposite way than the rest of Europe, which is secularising.
What went wrong? Something went wrong. I have some ideas ofc, but I asked ppl what they thought. :)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
America IS better than Norway.

Ask anybody dude.
Why do you even bother posting?

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio86 View Post
Well gee heres an idea, i am done arguing with stoffi, clearly he is biased. I am finito for this thread.
You never argue, you just post claims, telling people how it is without saying anything else to document it. You are having a monologue with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
Now you're just playing on the same level as the OP... That's not a good thing.

Scoffi, i have to ask. You seem to bring a very strong Anti-American sentiment here and almost all your posts are distinctively anti-American. Why is that?
I can understand being patriotic to your country, hell if i lived in Norway i'd be proud of it. But i don't. Instead i live in Sweden and just as proud, if not more, being a citizen of this country. However i don't understand where your seeming passionate dislike for America comes in to play...
Well, I guess that's how it appears due to the answers I (expect to) get. Hardcore Americans come in defending their country and I am then left to focus on all the negative aspects. Read above what I answered about what I think about the USA. :) I plan on going to NYC this autumn, can't wait.

This thread is not about Norway, but ppl compared it right away and I fell into that track as well. But Norway is a good comparison as it is ranked #1 in the world to live in by the UN, 8 years in a row now.

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
What color is he exactly? I'm sorry, but that's what I used to ask my bigoted grandfather when he used that phrase. And I don't think I have
blasted anyone in this thread. Yes, I'm American. I hate the general state of the country in general, more so hate how the government is paid
off by corporations that produce products that are known to kill us. Say Big Tobacco?

And I think all of the protesting without a plan put forth to show how changes can be made make it look like American's are nothing but whiney
children expecting a hand out.
This is what I'm looking for. You can love your country and still be critical to its condition! That's why we vote. :)