Thread: How did USA become such a messed up country?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend
    The USA is not a messed up country, We are not at are peak and have work to do but id say that is the main cause of our "decline." There's a huge work ethic difference between the past generations our current and our future ones.

And the US>Norway
    Norway wouldnt be close to where it is without the US

Think of it like this, Norway is a crumb snatcher... a piggy backer... cherry picker... however you want to put it. They our successful off the US and other capitalist countries research and development. Lets see one of Norway's largest exports is oil, hmm I wonder why it is in such high demand. Not to mention you pay double at the pump what I pay in America. Oh they have free healthcare, thats awesome, I wonder where all the research and development came from, I mean the US has what double the Nobel Prize winners in medicine the past 10 years compared to the rest of the world.

Dont diss the reason you have luxuries, when your country can put up 94 billion in biomedical research then say something till then stfu.
    Oh also Norways taxes are some of the highest in the world

Which country is better would be of personal opinion, I'm a big city type guy so id have to side with the US on this one

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3MoMMa View Post
    The USA is not a messed up country, We are not at are peak and have work to do but id say that is the main cause of our "decline." There's a huge work ethic difference between the past generations our current and our future ones.

And the US>Norway
    Norway wouldnt be close to where it is without the US

Think of it like this, Norway is a crumb snatcher... a piggy backer... cherry picker... however you want to put it. They our successful off the US and other capitalist countries research and development. Lets see one of Norway's largest exports is oil, hmm I wonder why it is in such high demand. Not to mention you pay double at the pump what I pay in America. Oh they have free healthcare, thats awesome, I wonder where all the research and development came from, I mean the US has what double the Nobel Prize winners in medicine the past 10 years compared to the rest of the world.

Dont diss the reason you have luxuries, when your country can put up 94 billion in biomedical research then say something till then stfu.
    Oh also Norways taxes are some of the highest in the world

Which country is better would be of personal opinion, I'm a big city type guy so id have to side with the US on this one

At the same time I will agree with you about the future generations as a youth my self born of the X generation, however, I disagree with you. What is the problem is the matter of group thinking and reliance of the government solving all our problems, the fact that our youth doesn't give a flying f$%k about their future or where its heading, the united states used to be NUMBER 1 NUMBER ONE IN EDUCATION and now we have dropped to 21 because not only of rising cost in tuition and drop of FAFSA (and anyone who says you have to be fcking rich to go to school in the united states, im here to PROVE YOU WRONG IM POOR IM UNEMPLOYED IM TRAILOR TRASH ( as some of you put it) I have been attending school for 1.5 years earning a 3.5 GPa or better and in PTK international honor society yeah and we talked about this at our regional conference this weekend while I was away. this is one of the main reasons I wanted some time to talk this over and take time to wait to post on this.

Many of you say the problems are withint he infrastructure and our system: I am here to tell you its not the sysem, nor the people. Yeah its messed up and the government is basically turned into a dictatorship; despite this, when you step back and look at the past 50-60 years, I CAN SEE WHY, all we do when we have issues is hold out our hands like fcking children "help help. MOMMY MOMMY HELP ME, FEED ME, GIVE ME WORK, GIVE ME MONEY, GIVE ME FOOD" when you allow the government to provide for you as a parent it will take control (it has nothing to do with big corporations in politics or church in state) you wanna know the real problem

its nothing to do with government > its the people. I am an AMERICAN if you disagree or troll on me and say other wise, then I am here to tell you.

Your opinions or envy towards me or hatred or whatever you call it to justify your attacks toward me. Is your own choice, this is my choice to address this matter: Those who say i did this for attention are wrong; those who are saying I did this for post count are wrong; those who oppose my argument, then get me facts. Get me evidence, show me your data, statistics, show me your empirical first hand experiences that I have and my own personal evidence of this lack of motivation and care. It is just not the government, the parents, the children, the new youth who are becoming into adulthood: it is a factor of everything and as we are grown in this world we cannot exclude the external variances we are facing here and we cannot ignore the fact of the world we live in, for if we deny that we use the government and allow them to control our lives or help us in SOME aspect be it (Food, financial aid for college, wel-fare, disability, social security, "st vincent de paul or some church or non-profit organization or help, such as food banks or anything") you are leaning on your government and your local community which is not a big ordeal who cares about the typical stereo type of "oh he goes to the food bank, that person is nasty: or you know he must be poor because he has food stamp card! or you know he is a slob look at his clothes!" I am here to tell you it has nothing to do if your homeless, rich, poor, middle-class, a wage slave (which is middle class to me: this was a term my psychology professor used last summer), a student, a youth, an elder, a government worker. the point is we are human, we are here, we are american, we are american native and we need to brace this. We are one of the most multi-diversed countries in the world!! WE are also one of the "Largest" (with obesity please do not take this as an insult or pun. I am saying these all are generalities) in the world! America is not just"one thing, nor is it many things: america is not keyed into term" We have become weak because our morals and values have been destroyed: The american society is not lost!! to say such slander is to assume one has the ability to control human minds with ones own (a bad analogy I know, yet it works) I could go on and on and on with such a broad topic it is quite curious and entertaining at the same time how many of you all post one liners, or dis on american or any other nationality: or ethnicity (you say things such as "race" or "norwegian") being prideful is nothing wrong: yet to spurt it around with arrogance is not! this is not an attack or personal in any way or means ( as I stated I am an american: and I am sad to say I am not proud of the world I live in or grew up in sometimes I am ashamed to say "im american") Yet to show fear is to give the beast the bone to feast upon easily and give in and/or up. . . . . .

I love america and grew up here, naturally I am patriotic and for my country: I am just not supportive of how our country is run; moreover, I am not proud of how people treat themselves and others in our country. there are many that I love and respect and hug and share interests with!! Yet that is so minuscule to minute, that it does not make an impact: yet at the same time the idiom is it only takes "one" It can take one, yet how many will that "one" impact or get through too: It is more where your level dedication or "love" is and how big scale you are operating on. There is a quote I like to use to explain this very much so "A ripple is only a ripple unless others pick up on the wave and begin realizing the tide of what is going on around them: For if you do not know or realize what is going on around you, how can the ripple turn into a wave of affect to prosper the entire pond?" (it is off key and worded, however, It is credited the source is unknown it was something I read a long time ago in a video game) So while I see many people in here going up and down and fighting with rather dull banter this is my opinion and thoughts (there is much I have left out and much I have not said or touched base on however, you asked for an opinion so here it is)

Well I'm from Australia (which I love), but if something catastrophic ever happened that I had to move from my country .... and it would have to be something absolutely disasterous ... like the whole continent being swallowed up by the ocean (or Tony Abbott becoming Prime Minister) ... I would choose Norway.

Norway is constantly being voted as the country having the best quality of life. It has a fantastic education system. It's health system would beat the US hands down. And all in all I think it would be the place I would choose to go if I ever had to leave Oz.

As much as I don't have anything against Americans, and our two countries have been allies for donkey's years, it's really not somewhere I could ever imagine myself living.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3MoMMa View Post
    The USA is not a messed up country, We are not at are peak and have work to do but id say that is the main cause of our "decline."
    Don't Americans speak English? It's not safe to cling to a sinking ship.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Don't Americans speak English? It's not safe to cling to a sinking ship.
    Well said, but is the ship really sinking?

I see it more as we just need to rebuild the engine

There have been 3 suicides in my neighborhood this past month.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Thread Information