Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: How did USA become such a messed up country?

lol bite me

It's not just America, it's the whole World that is messed up. However, America was the blueprint and is being used as the patsy to usher in the new world order agenda. Where did America go wrong? When they allowed a private banking institution take control of the money supply, that's where.. The Federal Reserve Banking system came into play in 1913 and was the only way to guarantee that America would be able to be forced into World War I. You control a country's money and soon you will control the country outright. Americans don't realize what's been done to them because they're all asleep with the 'American Dream'. They have no idea what's going on and don't really care, because as long as their credit card is still accepted and they have the newest cell phone and fast car, everything's OK. However, it's becoming harder and harder for the global elite and their U.S. government puppets to keep the people ignorant and happy. The more accelerated the destruction of U.S. becomes, the more eroded the morals and values of the people become in order to keep them from caring about the state of their country and what their country is doing around the World. The only thing people care about presently is their own individual self. The Divided States of America is a more fitting term. Again though, America is just a big piece in the puzzle for global control.

People have been indoctrinated so heavily that unchecked technological progression is now an accepted way of life. It's this attitude that has eliminated most humans from the labor equation at a time of exponential population growth. People were led to believe that machines and technology would make life easier, and to a point it does.. if you're wealthy enough to stay at the top of the sinking boat. The media played a large part in leading people away from virtue and straight to vice and consequently mass-debt. The whole World is being made a debt-slave and most of the people are OK with it because they are way too distracted with celebrities, sports, fashion, materialism, etc. They concern themselves with things that don't matter at all, wonder why their lives become increasingly complicated without doing any critical thinking, start to cry and then go back to watching American Idol. Most people are completely devoid of morals, values, love and compassion. Couple this with globalization's displacement of ethnic bases and you have a sort of controlled chaos. Divide and conquer is the name of the game. So many different people in so many areas mean nobody really cares about the country they're now living in because it's not their country.. they're there to make money.

Eventually, people will be so destitute that they'll begin resisting, rioting, rebelling and most likely be deemed 'terrorists' that need to be put down. Thing is, the whole World is in a designed debt crisis to speed up the process and make a uniform transition. The global elitist system is meant to squeeze and squeeze and never let up. People think technology is their friend and never question what ulterior motives are tied to all of this technological progression and what the consequences of those motives will be.

Globalization is essentially global domination under the guise of tolerance and unity. More can be accomplished by deceiving the people into slavery than by forcing them with an iron-fist. The media distractions keep people in a state of blissful ignorance while the cage builds and suffocates those around them... The outlook is bleak yet hope remains. The elite are punch-drunk with hubris and up to their ears in vanity, and what's more is that they're proud of it. Pride comes before the fall. Thing is, hopefully that fall doesn't snuff out the entire World with a nuclear holocaust... Hope remains.
    Last edited by painethomas; 29-03-2012 at 22:30.

What would you have done differently?
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Post Demon
    There is so much disinformation mixed in with bits of truth. Part of the game... -_-

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Agronaut View Post
    there you go again thinking you know something.

nope dont need need to talk to more euro trash on how superior they there way or thinking is.

if my superiors had seen it i would have been fired for not killing him. i didnt kill because i didnt need to. for as far as the eye can see its all flat ground. no high grass no low spots not even a tree to hide behind. he had 3 ho squad riders less then 100 yards back comming after him plus 3 or 4 more out there. if he had not stopped do to my warning shot its a 50/50 on them killing him.lol but you know everything huh. lol in the end they hog tied him and tossed him into the back of an old dodge.

what do you know about combat you are from norway. lol my watch has seen more fighting then you. oh or do you mean just shooting someone for the hell of it. because i dont think you have seen any combat zones so were are all these opportunities you speak of.

thouse books you speak of nations falling down ,you should probably read them again. its your way of thinking that killed them. the byzantine empire , rome , greece all fell by your way of thinking.

lol the poor give me a break 2/3 of the millionairs are self made in this country. if they are to dumb or lazy to take a chance that is thier problem.

no taco's but i found bbq
    As I wrote in the other thread:

You seem to value physical power a lot, feeling a need to mention how powerful you are, how big you are, etc. Bragging is not something you want to be doing and especially not in an arena of cognitive skills.
    Btw, I served in the Royal Guard of the King and the Special Forces, I work as chief of security at a bar/club, I build scaffoldings on oil rigs(all part time jobs, I study), I lift weights and I'm also well over 6 feet... Your constant mentions of physical strength leads you nowhere, you just come out as a douche.

I also see you spite book knowledge. I might only wonder why. Is it because school was never for you? That's quite okay, we all have our strengths but you shouldn't loath book knowledge just because it's a field you don't understand. Reading and studying makes a man more reflected and open-minded, not least, you discover that you there's A LOT you don't know anything about. I love reading and learning, for example about American history and culture. (Btw, I just taught my high school class about the Europeans discovering the New World and how it went) There's plenty of Novels that are based on real events, for example the American War of Indepence. John Adams is a good tv series about the War of Indepence and the first presidents in the States, you should watch it! :)

Be more respectful to others, show some courtesy. Research shows that our level of respect for others and courtesy drops drastically when we're behind a screen on a forum or in a chat room. I can only hope that you act more respectful in real life.

Most millionaires are self-made but we can't all be millionaires. Some are fresh out of luck in life and some start life with very poor conditions, making it a lot harder to be self-made. Your opinions on this are from 150 years ago, reading some history might convince you.

Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    As far as world powers have gone over time USA is a blessing. Norway should figure that out, when they were relevant on a national scale they raped and pillaged every culture they could. I bet Norwegians in this thread are probably even proud of their viking heritage. Ironic that you would then judge America.

My grand parents were in holland for WW2 and they still make a point to thank both american and canadian military members when they see them because they feel they saved their lives. My Oma often speaks of how surprised she was when she first met north american soldiers... Described them as tiny little men :P.

Judging a country because it occasioanlly uses its military in ways that don't work out doesn't make much sense when that country saved your butt and when your country set a terrible example as a military power (even if it was two thousand years ago)
    Norway has been and kinda still is very dependant on US military power. Who knows what would have happened if the US had not saved us in WW2 or if they had left us to rot after WW2 when Soviet rose.
    Don't misunderstand me, I don't hate the US, I just think the country is going downhill in many areas and many of its inhabitants are turning into ignorant fundamentalists. Americans I meet in Norway or on travels are always extremely nice and I always enjoy talking with them.

Just because you saved us from Hitler and Stalin doesn't mean you can do what you want forever. Greed has taken over.

About the Vikings.... (Officially started 793 AD)

Vikings were not more savage than their neighbours at the time. The Viking Age started as a result of many reasons(although we cant know for sure). Ship technology made a huge leap at the time, inheritance rules changed so that the oldest son inherited everything unlike before when the land/fortune was divided on all the sons, thus making the younger sons restless and in the need for something to do. Further on, some say land was scarce and that created a need for more land. Although vikings didn't settle land for 50 years or so, so I'm not a fan of that theory.
    Also, Viking chiefs needed goods to hold great feasts for their most important subjects in order to keep them as allies, and therefore needed a way to get goods...
    Keep in mind that trade was widespread in this period.

But what I believe triggered the Viking Age, in combination with the conditions above, had to do with European politics. Charlemagne/Charles the Great ruled the continent (Germany, France, Central Europe) and was warring the Saxons. The Saxons lived in Northern Germany close to the border of Denmark(Denmark controlled parts of Eastern Norway at this time and the rest of Norway was ruled by many petty kings, Norway didn't exist as a unit) and many fled over the border to Denmark. The border was walled up and guarded well. The Saxons brought terrible stories about Charlemagne's ruthless rule and conquest.
    At one particular incident, a Saxon army surrendered to Charlemagne and agreed to be baptised and christened. Charlemagne was ruthless so he first baptised them, then cut off all their heads, 3000 of them.

After this, things were pretty clear. The Northeners were all well connected and Charlemagne tried several times to invade Denmark and then would have turned to Norway. Charlemagne represented the Christian world and wherever he had power, his priests spread god's word and christened Europe. Thus Christianity was seen as Charlemagnish and when the English kingdoms(was divided in many smaller kingdoms) allied with Charlemagne against the Viking countries, attacks on churces and monasteries in France and the UK started. This can be seen as a responce to Frankish(Charlemagne's empire was called the Frankish Empire and they were called Franks) aggression and it definitively worked. Charlemagne's empire was constantly harassed as the Vikings went deep inside France by rivers, even plundering Paris 3 times. Few cities were spared and this weakened the Frankish empire a lot.
    The UK was also struck hard, first attacks against monasteries but once the Vikings had gotten a taste for riches and plundering, it escalated and got completely out of control. After a while, they became colonists and settled in parts of Ireland, Scotland and most of England along with Northern France, raiding as far as Spain, Italy, Turkey, Russia and the Caspian Sea.

Vikings founded Dublin, unified Scotland, Russia and took over Normandy, where the Normans(4 generations after the initial Vikings settled and got the land officially from the Frankish overlord) invaded England in 1066 and setting up another base in Sicily and Southern Italy.

Anyways, Vikings were not any worse than any of their neighbours, they acted the way people acted in their time, but were just skilled at what they did. E.g. in 1003, the English king Ethelred ordered the genocide of all vikings living in England(there were quite a lot of them, being farmers like everyone else) and massacred thousands of peaceful Vikings, of which they just found some mass graves from. King Ethelred did a mistake though, he killed the sister of the Danish King Knut at the height of his power and he invaded England, killing King Ethelred and taking England for himself.

Lastly, even if you think Vikings were the worst of the worst, why on earth would I feel bad for something someone did 950-1200 years ago? We don't pillage and invade today, do we?

Sorry about the lecture, I just wanted you to understand a bit about the Vikings, who were warriors, merchants and peasants, hand in hand. Sparta and Vikings, two warrior cultures I admire.

I'm very proud of my Viking heritage, as you are of your American Heritage. There's nothing wrong with either of us.
    Last edited by stoffi; 30-03-2012 at 20:59.
    ABS vs Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    As I wrote in the other thread:

You seem to value physical power a lot, feeling a need to mention how powerful you are, how big you are, etc. Bragging is not something you want to be doing and especially not in an arena of cognitive skills.
    Btw, I served in the Royal Guard of the King and the Special Forces, I work as chief of security at a bar/club, I build scaffoldings on oil rigs(all part time jobs, I study), I lift weights and I'm also well over 6 feet... Your constant mentions of physical strength leads you nowhere, you just come out as a douche.

I also see you spite book knowledge. I might only wonder why. Is it because school was never for you? That's quite okay, we all have our strengths but you shouldn't loath book knowledge just because it's a field you don't understand. Reading and studying makes a man more reflected and open-minded, not least, you discover that you there's A LOT you don't know anything about. I love reading and learning, for example about American history and culture. (Btw, I just taught my high school class about the Europeans discovering the New World and how it went) There's plenty of Novels that are based on real events, for example the American War of Indepence. John Adams is a good tv series about the War of Indepence and the first presidents in the States, you should watch it! :)

Be more respectful to others, show some courtesy. Research shows that our level of respect for others and courtesy drops drastically when we're behind a screen on a forum or in a chat room. I can only hope that you act more respectful in real life.

Most millionaires are self-made but we can't all be millionaires. Some are fresh out of luck in life and some start life with very poor conditions, making it a lot harder to be self-made. Your opinions on this are from 150 years ago, reading some history might convince you.

Norway has been and kinda still is very dependant on US military power. Who knows what would have happened if the US had not saved us in WW2 or if they had left us to rot after WW2 when Soviet rose.
    Don't misunderstand me, I don't hate the US, I just think the country is going downhill in many areas and many of its inhabitants are turning into ignorant fundamentalists. Americans I meet in Norway or on travels are always extremely nice and I always enjoy talking with them.

Just because you saved us from Hitler and Stalin doesn't mean you can do what you want forever. Greed has taken over.

About the Vikings.... (Officially started 793 AD)

Vikings were not more savage than their neighbours at the time. The Viking Age started as a result of many reasons(although we cant know for sure). Ship technology made a huge leap at the time, inheritance rules changed so that the oldest son inherited everything unlike before when the land/fortune was divided on all the sons, thus making the younger sons restless and in the need for something to do. Further on, some say land was scarce and that created a need for more land. Although vikings didn't settle land for 50 years or so, so I'm not a fan of that theory.
    Also, Viking chiefs needed goods to hold great feasts for their most important subjects in order to keep them as allies, and therefore needed a way to get goods...
    Keep in mind that trade was widespread in this period.

But what I believe triggered the Viking Age, in combination with the conditions above, had to do with European politics. Charlemagne/Charles the Great ruled the continent (Germany, France, Central Europe) and was warring the Saxons. The Saxons lived in Northern Germany close to the border of Denmark(Denmark controlled parts of Eastern Norway at this time and the rest of Norway was ruled by many petty kings, Norway didn't exist as a unit) and many fled over the border to Denmark. The border was walled up and guarded well. The Saxons brought terrible stories about Charlemagne's ruthless rule and conquest.
    At one particular incident, a Saxon army surrendered to Charlemagne and agreed to be baptised and christened. Charlemagne was ruthless so he first baptised them, then cut off all their heads, 3000 of them.

After this, things were pretty clear. The Northeners were all well connected and Charlemagne tried several times to invade Denmark and then would have turned to Norway. Charlemagne represented the Christian world and wherever he had power, his priests spread god's word and christened Europe. Thus Christianity was seen as Charlemagnish and when the English kingdoms(was divided in many smaller kingdoms) allied with Charlemagne against the Viking countries, attacks on churces and monasteries in France and the UK started. This can be seen as a responce to Frankish(Charlemagne's empire was called the Frankish Empire and they were called Franks) aggression and it definitively worked. Charlemagne's empire was constantly harassed as the Vikings went deep inside France by rivers, even plundering Paris 3 times. Few cities were spared and this weakened the Frankish empire a lot.
    The UK was also struck hard, first attacks against monasteries but once the Vikings had gotten a taste for riches and plundering, it escalated and got completely out of control. After a while, they became colonists and settled in parts of Ireland, Scotland and most of England along with Northern France, raiding as far as Spain, Italy, Turkey, Russia and the Caspian Sea.

Vikings founded Dublin, unified Scotland, Russia and took over Normandy, where the Normans(4 generations after the initial Vikings settled and got the land officially from the Frankish overlord) invaded England in 1066 and setting up another base in Sicily and Southern Italy.

Anyways, Vikings were not any worse than any of their neighbours, they acted the way people acted in their time, but were just skilled at what they did. E.g. in 1003, the English king Ethelred ordered the genocide of all vikings living in England(there were quite a lot of them, being farmers like everyone else) and massacred thousands of peaceful Vikings, of which they just found some mass graves from. King Ethelred did a mistake though, he killed the sister of the Danish King Knut at the height of his power and he invaded England, killing King Ethelred and taking England for himself.

Lastly, even if you think Vikings were the worst of the worst, why on earth would I feel bad for something someone did 950-1200 years ago? We don't pillage and invade today, do we?

Sorry about the lecture, I just wanted you to understand a bit about the Vikings, who were warriors, merchants and peasants, hand in hand. Sparta and Vikings, two warrior cultures I admire.

I'm very proud of my Viking heritage, as you are of your American Heritage. There's nothing wrong with either of us.
    1) Stoffi creating this threads just makes you look like a douche, and worst more because you seem more educated then argonaut so you have less excuse.

2) I am not american

3) I didn't believe Vikings were "evil" or what not. I was pointing out that they are portrayed that way, just as americans are stereotyped as being macho and aggressive.

4) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...tes_inventions
    America invented:
    solar pannels
    the electric motor
    Qwerty Keyboard
    assembly line
    tesla coil
    airplane
    AC power plug/socket
    digital computer
    etc. etc.

If I had to look up what was invented in any other country in the last 200 years I would be hard pressed to say it compares. In fact if you took every invention in the whole world vs what was invented in the USA in the last 200 years you would probably rather have americas inventions.

The point of this? America has a very different economy then Norway. They cannot just tax the crap out of oil and have amazing social services. If you taxed the crap out of industry it would simply leave. Fortunately for Norway its natural resources can't leave, and its people will enjoy a high standard of living as long as energy/oil is highly valued...
    My life is better then yours.

Being proud over a bunch of raping pllaging murdering people perhaps isnt that much to be proud over :P

Forum Addict
    1) Stoffi creating this threads just makes you look like a douche, and worst more because you seem more educated then argonaut so you have less excuse.

2) I am not american

3) I didn't believe Vikings were "evil" or what not. I was pointing out that they are portrayed that way, just as americans are stereotyped as being macho and aggressive.

4) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...tes_inventions
    America invented:
    solar pannels
    the electric motor
    Qwerty Keyboard
    assembly line
    tesla coil
    airplane
    AC power plug/socket
    digital computer
    etc. etc.

If I had to look up what was invented in any other country in the last 200 years I would be hard pressed to say it compares. In fact if you took every invention in the whole world vs what was invented in the USA in the last 200 years you would probably rather have americas inventions.

The point of this? America has a very different economy then Norway. They cannot just tax the crap out of oil and have amazing social services. If you taxed the crap out of industry it would simply leave. Fortunately for Norway its natural resources can't leave, and its people will enjoy a high standard of living as long as energy/oil is highly valued...

The title of this thread is "How did USA become such a messed up country". I don't see how inventions or Vikings got anything to do with anything. You are going off topic.

Norway is the only country in Europe enjoying natural resources on notable scale, but yet every country in Europe(Excluding the Eastern block, but most of them are better than the US on these areas as well) enjoys free healthcare, sosial welfare and doesn't have the same fundamentalist attitudes as USA now has. Sure many countries have problems, struggling with their economy, but they are not fundamentalists, they don't vote in maniac laws, they don't think like cowboys and their populations don't live on the streets or in trailers in the same degree as in the US.

So, why am I a douche for questioning and wanting to debate the current failed status of the USA? Are we not allowed to criticise and question the USA because they invented a bunch of things or because they saved us in WW2? You're being silly and you're starting with PERSONAL ATTACKS because you don't want the US criticised. Your debate techniques need to be somewhat polished.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Being proud over a bunch of raping pllaging murdering people perhaps isnt that much to be proud over :P
    Hehehe, the raping part is exaggerated, there is no proof that Vikings raped in any notable scale. They were just very good at warring against other Europeans who weren't very organised. The English did far worse when they massacred all Vikings living as peasants in England in 1002, as a precaution and revenge for other Viking's raiding. :) They just found some mass graves from this massacre, indicating that the Vikings killed had hid in a church until it was lit on fire by the English. As the Vikings fled, they were slaugthered by the waiting English. The Vikings found in this mass grave were NOT warriors, they were traders or peasants. The written sources say the English killed their women and children as well but no proof of this is yet found.

You should be proud too, Korp. :) Your ancestors founded Russia.
    ABS vs Rangers

the raping part is exaggerated, there is no proof that Vikings raped in any notable scale.
    So you think raping in a smaller scale is okey? :)

They were just very good at warring against other Europeans who weren't very organised.
    I wouldnt call it exactly warring, its plundering villages that couldnt defend themselves against these barbarians :p

I never quite understood this kind of patrioism, I think Vikings is a interesting as a cultural herritage but nothing that I am proud over.

We were actually having a productive discussion til the trolls started to Hijack it. Being able to discuss differences of opinions is a good thing. But like Stoffi said, wtf do the vikings have anything to do with this?

Pointing out that americas economic build allows it to produce awesome things, but prevents it from keeping socialist ideals that you treasure is directly related to the conversation. Your judging a country on not having universal healthcare? But they don't have universal healthcare because it would require them to increase taxes. Putting a damper on business.

Have you been to France the UK or Italy? Sure like several smaller countries in europe do very well with their social system, but many do very poorly. Rome was as bad as any large city in the USA. Outside of downtown paris? Tons of poor people in my memory. Plus your paying 20% in tax? Seems more fail then the USA if anything.

But yes scandinavia, the netherlands, belgium and probably a few others handle things quite well. Also america has universal healthcare for those who make under a certain percentage. If you make over you just have to pay for insurance, its fairly expensive so some people choose to have a bigger house and not pay for it. In most countries it is paid for by a large income tax, in the USA they made it optional for people... I disagree with that because a lot of people are idiots and think "it won't happen to me" but meh. It is what it is.

In closing the intellectual capital of the world when looking back in history has never really been considered failing. Greece/Rome/middle east (forget who ruled when they were making all the discoverys in mathematics etc.) Sure they all eventually collapsed but we still look back at them as bright spots in history.
    Last edited by goodz; 31-03-2012 at 16:22.
    My life is better then yours.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    So you think raping in a smaller scale is okey? :)

I wouldnt call it exactly warring, its plundering villages that couldnt defend themselves against these barbarians :p

I never quite understood this kind of patrioism, I think Vikings is a interesting as a cultural herritage but nothing that I am proud over.

You should really read some books about the Vikings and maybe they'll remove your stereotypical view about Vikings.

Yes, it was okay to rape. Yes, it was okay to keep slaves. It was normal back then, not just normal in Nordic countries, but very much normal in every bit of the known world.
    Don't judge the past with your eyes, judge the past with the eyes of that time.

Also, there is no evidence that Vikings raped anyone, though I'm sure rapes did happen just as it happens today.

And you seem to have failed to read my previous post. Vikings attacked churches and monasteries as a defensive reaction towards Frankish invasion plans, a Frankish empire who had just baptised and beheaded 3000 Saxons who surrendered and agreed to be christened. Also, they mostly went in larger fleets/armies, conquering land and plundering their enemies.

Please get some knowledge about the Vikings before you speak about them again.

Pointing out that americas economic build allows it to produce awesome things, but prevents it from keeping socialist ideals that you treasure is directly related to the conversation. Your judging a country on not having universal healthcare? But they don't have universal healthcare because it would require them to increase taxes. Putting a damper on business.

Have you been to France the UK or Italy? Sure like several smaller countries in europe do very well with their social system, but many do very poorly. Rome was as bad as any large city in the USA. Outside of downtown paris? Tons of poor people in my memory. Plus your paying 20% in tax? Seems more fail then the USA if anything.

But yes scandinavia, the netherlands, belgium and probably a few others handle things quite well. Also america has universal healthcare for those who make under a certain percentage. If you make over you just have to pay for insurance, its fairly expensive so some people choose to have a bigger house and not pay for it. In most countries it is paid for by a large income tax, in the USA they made it optional for people... I disagree with that because a lot of people are idiots and think "it won't happen to me" but meh. It is what it is.

In closing the intellectual capital of the world when looking back in history has never really been considered failing. Greece/Rome/middle east (forget who ruled when they were making all the discoverys in mathematics etc.) Sure they all eventually collapsed but we still look back at them as bright spots in history.
    This just shows how little you know about this subject, I'm sorry to say. Americans build bigger homes instead of getting an insurance? Lol?

They CAN'T AFFORD IT and the free insurance programs only work for some. There are tens of millions POOR americans who can't get an insurance because they can't afford it, while working 2-3 jobs and living in a trailer. Yes, trailer, not house.

Socialist ideas.... lol. Is fundamentalism socialist ideas? Quite the contrary as all the famous communists and socialists hated religion. Also, I'm not a socialist, I'm a right wing person, though in America I would be considered super-communist I guess.

I've been to most countries in Europe and they are all much better off than tens of millions of Americans. Sure there is poverty and homeless people in Europe, but not like in America where 20% of the population live in trailers and are considered poor, never given a chance to recover.
    Also, if those poor Europeans get sick or lose their job, they mostly get free healthcare and welfare from the government.

As for history, we will all look back at America as a bright spot in history, just like we did with Rome, but Rome still fekked itself in the arse and thereby collapsed. I could criticise the Roman Empire for hours but they were also pretty damn great in many areas and most of the time. There is no black or white, Goodz. One must be able to criticise certain aspects of a country without someone like you jumping to the gun saying we can't criticise because America did so much great earlier.

USA is messed up in many ways. Their trade unions are weak, which I believe caused some of the bad sh*t in the States. With weak unions, wages are kept low, class differences appear and the protection of the worker is weakened. In many jobs in the States, you are expected to work your arse off and you rarely get any vacation. And if your employer doesn't like you, well, you're fekked then.
    And a minimum wage of 6 dollars.... Jesus christ, I make 6-7 times as much per hour in my part time job. People can't live off that little money and have to get several jobs, or commit crimes.

Fundamentalism is spreading(Perhaps you watched Skavlan yesterday, Goodz?) and God is a very central part of every aspect of the daily life of maybe most Americans, just like in Saudi Arabia or Iran. I really don't see a difference there, except that I can't understand muslim languages and they often surpress women. If you want to do an abortion in the States, watch out so you don't get attacked outside the abortion clinic by fundamentalists, because they will be there 24/7 to call the mother-to-be a killer, whore and try to attack her.

There are many good aspects about the States, but many bad ones as well, and the bad ones are on the increase.
    ABS vs Rangers

Post Fiend
    Where did America go wrong?

When douche bags from other countries, who don't have any idea what American life is really like, thought it was a good idea to call Americans out on an anonymous public forum.

OP@ you do realize you're just perpetuating most of the "wrong with the world talk" in this thread by making the thread, right? Let's say a bunch of "facts" no one really has much insight in the truth of, don't say anything constructive, don't offer suggestions or solutions for the problem, fan the flames, sit back and antagonize people who post.... If you were really a good person who was just trying to help the world rather than be a hatemonger, does what you did really sound like a good idea?

Or the arrogant American's who decide.... "Oh no, you're not pointing the finger at us, so we're going to get all defensive instead of being adults and discuss things."

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
    Where did America go wrong?

When douche bags from other countries, who don't have any idea what American life is really like, thought it was a good idea to call Americans out on an anonymous public forum.

OP@ you do realize you're just perpetuating most of the "wrong with the world talk" in this thread by making the thread, right? Let's say a bunch of "facts" no one really has much insight in the truth of, don't say anything constructive, don't offer suggestions or solutions for the problem, fan the flames, sit back and antagonize people who post.... If you were really a good person who was just trying to help the world rather than be a hatemonger, does what you did really sound like a good idea?
    You illustrate one of the problems in the US well; Arrogance and generally bad attitudes. It's like discussing religion with a fundamentalist, he would not be able to reflect and would probably think you were an idiot. But that's part of my claim, fundamentalism and USA go hand in hand these days, so I'm not surprised by all the arrogant answers I get.

Flutterby says it well:

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    Or the arrogant American's who decide.... "Oh no, you're not pointing the finger at us, so we're going to get all defensive instead of being adults and discuss things."

Bashar, you should rather try to discuss and maybe argument against my claims. America is a messed up country in many ways and a brilliant country in other ways. But you have to be able to discuss your bad sides. :)
    ABS vs Rangers

Thread Information