Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: How did USA become such a messed up country?

You should really read some books about the Vikings and maybe they'll remove your stereotypical view about Vikings.
    I got a degree in archaeology, you think thats enough? :)))

Yes, it was okay to rape. Yes, it was okay to keep slaves. It was normal back then, not just normal in Nordic countries, but very much normal in every bit of the known world.
    I asked if you thought it was okey, not what they believed.

Also, there is no evidence that Vikings raped anyone, though I'm sure rapes did happen just as it happens today.
    lol, now you are just plainly retarded.

Please get some knowledge about the Vikings before you speak about them again.
    If you stop being such a fanboy about vikings, your head is so far up their arses that you lack perspective of things.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Bashar, you should rather try to discuss and maybe argument against my claims. America is a messed up country in many ways and a brilliant country in other ways. But you have to be able to discuss your bad sides. :)
    Otherwise, it looks like you're either in denial or too lazy to improve the faults.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    I got a degree in archaeology, you think thats enough? :)))

I asked if you thought it was okey, not what they believed.

lol, now you are just plainly retarded.

If you stop being such a fanboy about vikings, your head is so far up their arses that you lack perspective of things.
    Okay, Vikings got nothing to do with this thread but I like history, so here I go.

Vikings didn't kill or rape more than the next guy, they were just very efficient. If you got a degree in Archaeology, you ought to know some history and how Charlemagne fared on his campaigns on the continent.

And yes, I think if rape was seen as okay back then, I think it's okay that ppl did it. If it was seen as something horrible, I don't think it's okay. I don't think it's okay to do it now.

Anyways, historians claim Vikings didn't rape. They came, they killed those they needed to, they enslaved and they plundered. After a while, they colonised.

But unlike the early Americans, most Vikings tried to live in peace with the locals in the countries they settled, though the times were unstable and warring ofc happened a lot. Settled Vikings mixed with the locals(not by raping) and for example in Normandy, they became French-Normans.

I too have studied history and I read a lot, especially on the Viking period. Actually, I teach history at upper secondary/High school these days, just finished a chapter about the Europeans "discovering" the New World + more. Needless to say, I make them reflect, that's the whole point. I hope to see my pupils do well on the test after Easter. :)
    Last edited by stoffi; 31-03-2012 at 21:38.
    ABS vs Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Vikings didn't kill or rape more than the next guy...
    Could talk about the Mongols, I think they were worse than the Vikings.

the pagan Vikings notoriously enthusiastic about the concept of rape as sport . i can remember one battle were they raped over 250 women but only killed 60 peasants. i still cant figure out why you honor them so much. they would kill someone like you for the fun of it. just because of who you are they would probably chop of your limbs and watch you flop arround til you died.
    me talking about how big and strong i am lol. i dont think so, i think in one post i mentioned my size compared to a giant snake. because that was a big #$%^$ snake, that thing was atleast 13 feet long.i think you may have been in special ed but not special forces. if you had a clue about it you would know they dont pick big guys maybe 1 out of 20 is over avg. lol special forces isnt the norway royal guard a marching band that dances on ice and stuff lol. what unit were you in and what was your deployment . if in a combat zone what fob were you stationed at.

goonz im not waisting my time with you. calling me an idiot is like calling yourself retarded

The word pagan is a christian concept. Regardless, Vikings have had next to nothing to do with America since Leif Erickson.

What

paganism is alot older then christianity and it was paganism that influenced cristianity. my god yall try and say im slow know your history. the roman empire was almost completly pagan. christianity like to convert more then anything.over time most of the roman miliitary was christian. so the empire seeing a possible revolt started to honor christianty by making holidays that coincide with paganism. xmass jesus was born in the sumer, durring some pagan holidayin december christians were allowed to place a candle in the window to celibrate jesuses birthday. what the hell does the easter bunny have to do with christianity. lol it was to honor some pagan fertility god. thats the conection with the rabbits they hump alot and on the christian side the passover. any way over time the rwo religions joined in rome giving birth to the roman catholic church

The negative connotation of pagans that comes from Christians. And usually, that word is attached to any religious value other than people who were technically pagans. Vikings followed the Norse Pantheon. They didn't consider themselves pagans. I study religion. Not religious, just like I study political history but I'm not political. If you take a good look at it, Jesus would have been born during the time of Passover because in December the sheep would not have been out in the fields, hence, no shepherds due to the rainy season.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Agronaut View Post
    the pagan Vikings notoriously enthusiastic about the concept of rape as sport . i can remember one battle were they raped over 250 women but only killed 60 peasants. i still cant figure out why you honor them so much. they would kill someone like you for the fun of it. just because of who you are they would probably chop of your limbs and watch you flop arround til you died.
    me talking about how big and strong i am lol. i dont think so, i think in one post i mentioned my size compared to a giant snake. because that was a big #$%^$ snake, that thing was atleast 13 feet long.i think you may have been in special ed but not special forces. if you had a clue about it you would know they dont pick big guys maybe 1 out of 20 is over avg. lol special forces isnt the norway royal guard a marching band that dances on ice and stuff lol. what unit were you in and what was your deployment . if in a combat zone what fob were you stationed at.

goonz im not waisting my time with you. calling me an idiot is like calling yourself retarded
    Yeah? Perhaps you could provide me with this source that you got your info from? Vikings were not notoriously enthusiastic about the concept of rape as sport. Also, Vikings were not fans of torture. They killed you, simple as that.
    I read, you should too. You can read, shoot and work out and still be a man. ;)

Anyways, you seem very eager in your who's-got-the-biggest-penis-game, measuring your penis with my penis. A soldier is worthless without a brain and you aren't excactly impressing anyone here. Arrogance kills you, as history has shown us so many times, and that's a feature you seem to possess. A good soldier is athletic, smart, humble, has social antennas, stamina, etc. The LAST thing a soldier should be is arrogant.

Btw, Norwegians are the third tallest people in the world after the Netherlands and some African tribe, so me being well over 6 feet is not a very great feature. Also, Special Forces don't deny anyone based on height or weight, at least not in Norway. Also, I was a conscript and conscripts don't go to Afghanistan.
    No idea what special ed is.

Anyways, this isn't a contest in who's got the longest penis.

You need to learn to be able to look at your country with a critical eye. I do it with my own country all the time but no one here would be interested in Norway. ^^ The critical eye should always be present so that you learn to reflect and find weaknesses, and improve.
    ABS vs Rangers

Forum Addict
    paganism is alot older then christianity and it was paganism that influenced cristianity. my god yall try and say im slow know your history. the roman empire was almost completly pagan. christianity like to convert more then anything.over time most of the roman miliitary was christian. so the empire seeing a possible revolt started to honor christianty by making holidays that coincide with paganism. xmass jesus was born in the sumer, durring some pagan holidayin december christians were allowed to place a candle in the window to celibrate jesuses birthday. what the hell does the easter bunny have to do with christianity. lol it was to honor some pagan fertility god. thats the conection with the rabbits they hump alot and on the christian side the passover. any way over time the rwo religions joined in rome giving birth to the roman catholic church
    You missed Flutterby's point. A pagan is only a pagan in a Christian's eyes. Paganism is not a religion, it's a term used by Christians.
    And a lot of what you mention is common knowledge. Yes, Christianity picked up a lot of elements from other religions, it adapted itself.

Also, many Vikings were Christian, some even when the Viking Age started. As time passed, more and more Vikings became Christians and stopped believing in Odin and Thor. Many weekdays actually originate from Viking gods, Wednesday being Odin's day, Thursday is Thor's day, etc.

Anyways, Norway was mostly christened 900-1000(though ofc many didn't leave the old faith), when the Viking Age was still very much alive.

It ended officially in 1066 when William the Conqueror, grand grand son of the Norwegian chieftain Rollo, invaded Britain and took it.
    ABS vs Rangers

hmm

when the viking invaded Waterford City they raped 280 women and murderd 140. if it wasnt something that was normal to them like you said why is there 2x as many rapes as murders. so there is your fact know your own history. no they killed for sport its a warriors call and even a right of passage to them. they raped so much they didnt see it as rape. you keep what you kill, they lost the women belong to them

dont talk about piss contests with me. you were the one that talked about all them opertunities you could have killed someone .you couldnt have killled anyone you probably played flute for the military lol.sorry i dont think marching bands are special forces like you said. i allready knew the answers to the above questions i asked you and have known for some time. for one millitary dosnt use large hand guns. largest thing mostly deployed are 9mm. 9mm breaks down to about 36 cal so its small.we havnt used 45s exept special forces sometimes sence the 80s. also if you were in special forces you would have been in the millitary for alot more then a year. if i had to take a wild guess you would be one of them consripts like the sweeds use. when you are 18 you have to join the army basicly like a home guard .

you try to talk about things you dont have a clue about. then when i show you to be full of $%^! you say its a pissing contest. you are some euro trash insulting a country ive fought and killed for. then you want to cry like a little brat when i insult you back. you are like the little idiot kid that throws rocks at people then when they throw back you cry to your mom.

oh and yah i missed flutterby post, i miss read it completly. im busy im at war here and a00 and running a company so very limited on time, luckly i dont sleep much. so flutterby just ignore my whole pagan thing
    Last edited by Agronaut; 01-04-2012 at 21:49.

Most of the men in my family have fought for this country. Most of them are disappointed that they put their lives on the line
    for arrogant, self-indulged, lazy, spoiled, narcissists.

Military don't teach no english
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

lol

i highly doubt it, if so and all they can see are bad things then i feel sorry for them. as i said though i doubt it sounds like bull to me

oct grown folks are trying to talk here so troll else were. if you dont plan on seeing me in your threads

oct grown folks are trying to talk here so troll else were. if you dont plan on seeing me in your threads
    You don't get to tell people where they can post or threaten to derail their threads.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information