Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: How did USA become such a messed up country?

Post Demon
    blah blah tea party polemics.
    blah blah blatant lies.

it goes on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriho View Post
    special interest groups dictating government policies.
    Yup

Forum Addict
    I'll respond to posts later today, just had to post this really quick:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1338990.html

This is why everyone should not be allowed to vote and why I think the US has got SERIOUS problems.
    ABS vs Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post

This is why everyone should not be allowed to vote and why I think the US has got SERIOUS problems.
    Rofl dude, do you really think americans are like what you hear in the news? The media has got you brainwashed.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

McDonald's! xD

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post

First off...The Huffington Post is NOT a credible news source. Secondly...FYI Stoffi the PPP is a DEMOCRATIC run polling group. Again, facts please. Arrianna Huffington is a hypocrite. She was a republican...then a democrat..then republican. She follows the money like any smart business women however her ethics are less than desirable.

You are correct...some people should not vote. Since you want to post links. Ill give you THIS one and can supply many more like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojd13kZlCA

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    blah blah tea party polemics.
    blah blah blatant lies.

it goes on and on...
    nooblet...what is wrong with wanting smaller government control, less government spending and FREEDOM that is given to us in the Constitution. Something that this president has blatant contempt for. I'm not saying the republicans are perfect either. Bush did the Patriot act that was against it as well. The republicans have lost their way since Reagan.

Oh and nooblet...what part is a lie? Give me facts.
    Last edited by Azartyn; 13-03-2012 at 12:38.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuriho View Post
    special interest groups dictating government policies.

This I agree with on BOTH sides of the aisle. The only way to stop it is to outlaw lobbying and that will never happen Im afraid.
    Last edited by Azartyn; 13-03-2012 at 12:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Azartyn View Post
    First off...The Huffington Post is NOT a credible news source. Secondly...FYI Stoffi the PPP is a DEMOCRATIC run polling group. Again, facts please. Arrianna Huffington is a hypocrite. She was a republican...then a democrat..then republican. She follows the money like any smart business women however her ethics are less than desirable.

You are correct...some people should not vote. Since you want to post links. Ill give you THIS one and can supply many more like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojd13kZlCA
    Perhaps what you should first of all do is provide sources to your own claims then start to complain about others, then you wont look so foolish :)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Perhaps what you should first of all do is provide sources to your own claims then start to complain about others, then you wont look so foolish :)
    Korp, if you have nothing to add to the conversation other than ignorance...STFU! All you are trying to do is start trouble like normal with no intelligent input and add to your post count. Troll.

how about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

or how about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3e41...eature=related
    Last edited by Azartyn; 13-03-2012 at 16:27.

Korp, if you have nothing to add to the conversation other than ignorance...STFU! All you are trying to do is start trouble like normal with no intelligent input and add to your post count. Troll.
    Oh this post is so ironic :) You dont find it at all slightly dumb that you complain about other peoples sources and go writing "facts please" while you didnt yourself provide any source to begin with, had no facts either just opinions, biased opinions as well. I dont thou see how those two youtube videos discredits Huffington post for example as not a "credible source". You on the other hand seem to trying to rack up some posts since you made three while you easily could have just made one :)

Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Rofl dude, do you really think americans are like what you hear in the news? The media has got you brainwashed.
    Most American's I know are like they report in the news. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

^is true.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    And the "99% of the population" bit is where the problem lies. Survival of the fittest buddy, and the unfit die.
    Natural Selection nuts make me laugh.

They watch all those action movies and then figure that the fitness of someone is measured by how well they would survive in the jungle with a spear (or some modern variation).

I wonder how geniuses like Einstein or Newton would have fared under those standards.

If you look at some of the greatest systems on the planet (the human body included), they include parts that could not survive on their own, but that thrive as a group.

Isolationism was never our strong suit. Hundreds of species fare way better as lone wolves than we do.

Our most significant technical or social advances are the fruit of contributions from hundreds of individuals.

Yes, there is a natural selection, but where you err is in it's scope. Survival for a specie as social as human beings is not measured at the individual level, but at a group level.

Can we get our act together, capitalize everyone's strengths and help them overcome their weaknesses?

When someone that is a valuable member of your society needs a hand, will you prop him up or laugh in his face and call him weak?

There is a population crisis going on in the planet, obviously Earth will not be able to sustain billions of people for too long. Better get off your ass and start acting, instead of wasting your time on here *****ing.

It's a cruel world we live in.
    First of all, you have no idea what I'm doing so you can't rightly assume that I'm sitting on my ass doing nothing (my profession does require a lot of sitting however so I'll make you right on the first half of your statement).

Second, debating about my viewpoints is a lot different from *****ing.
    Last edited by Magn; 13-03-2012 at 20:58.

So you guys think Americans really care about Obamas religion? Might be true for ppl over the age of 40, but not the case, at least, for the younger generation.

I dont think this has anything to do with America tbh, it's more of an age problem. The traditional and older generation will care about Obamas religion, while the younger generation will probably care less. This is probably the case all around the world, not just in America.

Agree or disagree?
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Thread Information