Thread: Accurate SoM, and infiltrate...

Enthusiast

Accurate SoM, and infiltrate...

Now I've spent a few ages away due to real life issues... With SoM is it still 20% of thieves +1 to be 100% accurate out of war? Or do I just need to send 10 thieves? Non halfler/ non rogue.

And with infiltrate I know just sending 10-20 thieves works but how many will I need for it to be 100% accurate. And if I only send let's say 20 thieves how accurate is it usually?

Regular
    No matter what race/personality you are OOW you send 20% thieves + 1 for the most accurate information. :)

Halflings get 100% accurate intel in war ... therefore you can send 10 thieves during war and get 100% accurate intel. ONLY IF YOU ARE A HALFER. :)

Most espionage ops aside of SoT, I usually use between 40-100 thieves. :)
    Infiltrate I usually use 100 thieves.
    Snatch news usually go with 40 sometimes less ... I haven't seeing a difference there on the amount, but someone might say otherwise. :)

NS and so on, the more you send, the more casualties you will observe.
    I know some people have told me to send all thieves for the best result, but I never do. ^^;
    So, on that one it is up to you. :)
    Last edited by Dj_Bluesie; 18-02-2012 at 05:13. Reason: -_-; because I am a noob and can't type D:

Terrick:

Yes SOM is still 20%+1 for accurate reason for all race at all times. However, if I am not wrong, the away troops and land gains from SOM is 100% accurate too with just 10 thieves. Only the troops at home is not accurate if you are using 10 thieves in this instance.

For halfers during war, 10 thieves or even 1 is accurate since they are supposed to be 100% accurate in war.

20% + 1 thieves for an error margin of +/- 3%, any less and its +/-25%. Surveys show 100% acc building numbers, SoS show 100% acc book numbers, SoM shows 100% acc army out numbers no matter how many theives are sent on each op. News are 100% accurate even though you only grab it to see who has army out -_-'

Otherwise as Bluesie said, halfling in war or no 100% acc. OOW penalties apply though I haven't extensively dealt with it.
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Enthusiast
    So 20% +1 and it reads 10k defense at home I'll need to oversend by 4% to ensure I don't break... So 10,400 would definately break that target?

Nope you need to oversend (now an arguable amount) 7%-7.4%. I use 7.22%... Different calculations methods give different values but I'm too lazy to look them up. The reason being there is a 3% error from intel, + the 4% oversend to guarantee success.

Enthusiast
    Ok makes sense I guess!!! Better safe than sorry right?

Post Demon
    Exact "random factor" is your offense +-3.5%, enemy def +-3.5%, need 97% after randomization to break. Thus exact offense for a given defense "def" *that is exactly known* is:
    min safe MO = def*.97*1.035/.965 = def*1.04036269430052 (excel rounding limit)

If you have a single SoM or SoT (with army in) that is providing the MD, and are not a halfer in war... the def value you see could be up to 3% low, thus you must divide by .97. This then gives:
    min safe MO = (def/.97)*.97*1.035/.965 = def*1.035/.965 = 1.07253886010363 (excel rounding limit)

If you use a SoT + SoM, where the SoT is 20%+1 thieves and the SoM is a "free" 10 theifer - then things get complicated. Because you know exactly how many troops are out, but not how many there are (just that 'tis within 25% [or 50%?] of the SoM value - so 0 still means 0) you need to calc what your maximum error is on all the values, and then put them together correctly. Turns out there is a "canceling" effect where the worst assumption for one part is the best for another, so with some trickery you can get your range a bit tighter than you might think.

And, of course, with inaccurate SoTs... you can just take a few and use the lowest value for each. Which makes halfer intel bonus more of a stealth buff for A/T than an actual MO buff - I knew that picking it though, still think halfer is strong even with the elite NW nerf. Not broken anymore... but still strong.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Conclusion -> Non-halfer sent 20%+1 thieves and using the def u see in SOM *1.0404 (this does not include monarch bonus so if monarch hit 1.14444) and you can break.

@ProCraStInaTe

If I add the following to Ethan's post, you won't get confused either

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Exact Attack "random factor" is your offense +-3.5%, enemy def +-3.5%, need 97% after randomization to break. Thus exact offense for a given defense "def" *that is exactly known* is:
    min safe MO = def*.97*1.035/.965 = def*1.04036269430052 (excel rounding limit)

If you have a single SoM or SoT (with army in) that is providing the MD, and are not a halfer in war... the def value you see could be up to 3% low due to Intel random factor, thus you must divide by .97. This then gives:
    min safe MO = (def/.97)*.97*1.035/.965 = def*1.035/.965 = 1.07253886010363 (excel rounding limit)
    You would still need to oversend by that last amount on 20%+1 SoM which most attackers will have hard time getting.

Enthusiast
    Ethan a little confusing to me thank you for the help.... So always oversend by 7-8% on a SoM that was taken with20%+1thieves....

Regular
    Yes at least send over 7%. I always use 1.08 unless it's a monarch or the intel is less than accurate.

10% extra used to be a good general rule-of-thumb (unless a Freak was involved). Of course SoM inaccuracies were different back then, as was the gains formula.

Still, it kinda boils down to a choice between a 100% certain grab vs a few extra acres for the risk.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Enthusiast
    But if intel is from a halfer during war I only need to oversend by 4%?

Yes and you only need an som.

Thread Information