Thread: IP Address

Post Fiend

IP Address

Hi, the ISP in my country uses a floating IP address. Since many of the provinces in my kingdom comes from the same country, it is hindering us in terms of sending aid, chaining etc.

Our ISP does not want to give us fixed IP address. Is there another way around the problem?

If not, it puts our kingdom at a disadvantage.

I'll appreciate any help.

Thank you.

A possible solution would be to go to another ISP. One that gives you a fixed IP

oh and don't forget to tell your current ISP why they lost a customer
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

My kingdom has the same problem too. Look, I guess most service providers in my country views it as an additional benefits to its users to prevent hackers and intrusions to our personal computer, through the use of a universal IP. Definitely if utopia admin could find a way to do a check within the service provider you will realize we do have our own unique IP. How do you think we, as just 'one in a million user' of our service provider, will be able to convince them to remove the universal IP? If utopia cannot have such trust in it players, I guess it time you see the gaming co-hort diminish once more. I for one will definitely quit if Utopia does nothing to abolish this IP issue within 2 weeks. This move by utopia is as good as implying that people of the same country, race, society, even workplaces, that believes and trust in the same service provider, cannot be gaming together. Absurd.
    Last edited by frezzy; 19-02-2012 at 16:43.

The issue is completly down to poorly configured IPs by your ISP - this is a well known and documented issue. Complain to your providers.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by frezzy View Post
    If utopia cannot have such trust in it players
    If they were to trust everybody, the server would be full of farms and multis
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Access Denied

My Support ID is B54FC88A.

I am a genuine player in Singapore who only plays my own account.

We're in war now. I took 5 different SOMs of 5 different targets, and I cant attack all 5 targets because of the "Access Denied - IP Violation". I am using Starhub at Home, Singtel for my Blackberry, Starhub on my Iphone and Pacific Internet in my office.

In Singapore, there are only 4 Internet providers : Singtel, Pacific Net, M1 & Starhub. Usually, we must sign a 24 months contract with either of the 4 providers. So if you're telling me to change my internet provider, it's as good as telling me to quit the game, because I am already using 3 of the internet providers.

These 5 SOM attempts could have allowed me to deal more thievery damage to our opponents, but now it seems, I am restricted even I am totally innocent. I don't even know how to play this game now. What's the use of buying invites to ask our friends to play together in the same kingdom, what's the use of asking all our players to come online at XX hour to chain the opponent together, what's the use of strategy, tactics, planning and being so active anymore?

Please provide us with a viable solution.

From what I deduced, I should no longer log in from my phone anymore to play this game. Is that right?

SoMs don't trigger the block. Hit someone that doesn't share your IP.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Yes i already Know that. What i am saying that this IP Violation issue has rendered me useless and incapable to attack at all.

5 Targets were all blocked.. so I should be hitting other targets beyond my reach? This isnt the way to war at all..

My blackberry network was blocked and it was linked to BLACKBERRY US when I am in Singapore the whole time. How can I be in US? The IP Detection system is seriously a FLAW, it should be detecting the actual device instead of blocking players with the same internet service providers. My country doesnt have 10+ internet providers for each of our SG players to have 1 separate internet provider to prevent such disability.

I see that Devs seriously do not encourage players to play using their mobile phone, else I will get blocked even when a US kingdom mate attacks using his blackberry.

The IP violation system the Devs use is really not working, and not cracking down on the real cheaters but instead making this game more unpopular.

If I were cheating, why not Ban/delete me instead? I'd rather be banned than being a useless player who cannot contribute a good attack in war. The IP violation issue / Multis detection should have went back the way it was, to ban and delete the real cheaters and let them speak it out with Devs/Support unsuccessfully.

Seriously, those who do not face this problem will all say the same thing "talk to your internet providers, or change yr internet provider etc. etc.". Where is the actual viable solution than telling us to attack someone else? We are not even cheating in the first place and this is an actual problem.

Yes most probably only 95% of those who faces this problem are Singaporeans, which we are a very very very tiny little dot on the world map, so small that the chances of IP violation is almost absolute especially when we use our mobile phones to log in, and since each of our players are all within 30mins reach by car of one another.
    Last edited by janzel; 21-02-2012 at 17:25.

Look, all this has been covered. If your IP is detected as being in the US while you are living in SG its because your cell provider is terrible. Same deal with your local IPs. Utopa isn't reinventing the wheel here- the issues are well documented. Complain to your ISP.

Thread Information