Thread: Spec value and dragons

Regular

Spec value and dragons

Spec values should translate to dragon slaying. IE: Elf d spec should be 6 toward dragon points. Nothing really to add to that.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Why?

Because races are sacrificing a significantly greater amount of their defense to kill the same amount of points on a dragon. If say an Elf's share of the dragon is 1k specs and so is a Human's, then the Elf is losing 6k NW and 6k raw (6.774 if wages are@200% and MP is cast) as compared to Human's 5k NW and 5k defense (5.645k). Their HP/NW ratio is .8333... as compared to 1 for /5 specs.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Then lower the Elf's dragons responsibilities. Make the faery train off specs and let the dragon eat those...

Regular
    Who uses Faeries? lol

Seriously though, this is a distinct disadvantage to Elf. /6 is great until you start killing dragons, especially since you don't use o specs. It only makes sense that if they fight with the power of 6 they should kill 6 points.

Post Demon
    I want to take all the sol aid, and send them at 3 points against the dragon!

Makes sense and balanced are two different things. On the d-spec (and o-spec) issue, I'm not too sure which is the best approach. But if you start with that, you might ask why OME doesn't work either... and that's a can of worms that we don't want to get into right now. Since there isn't any obvious *balance* problem as 'tis right now (the effect is small enough 'tis easily coped with as part of a strategy) I see no reason to start messing with that.

You want a big overhaul to make dragons "make more sense" - sure, put out a proposal. But fiddling just this piece of it doesn't do much.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Then you could just have your elves/avians run more def specs and kill dragons..

My life is better then yours.

Regular
    Which further takes away from somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPresident07 View Post
    Which further takes away from somewhere else.
    goodz meant, elves/avians can kill dragons easier since they can kill more points per spec. Remember the issue isn't balance it's the fact that you have a limited amount of soldiers. Simple case scenario a 25 prov kd as all elves/avians can have an output as a 30 prov kd using the same amount of specs.

Really it just ends up on your own strategy and way of thinking. Since everything is dynamic there isn't really an issue that I find anyway.

Simple maths:
    8 dpsa = 40 dpa -1 for dragon killing to get 7dspa = 35dpa
    7dspa = 42dpa -1 for dragon killing to get 6dspa = 36dpa
    7dspa = 42dpa + 1ospa for dragon killing = 42dpa

Then someone will argue you have to use that 1 saved spec/acre for elites to match other races offence but again that's just how you choose to play. If you want to make it realistic/have some sense you can look at it this way, your specs aren't trained for fighting dragons in the first place.
    Tis a dog world out there, eat or be eaten, drink or be drunk.
    Enjoy every minute. There's plenty of time to be dead.

Thread Information