Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Utopia: The Strategy RPG for Hardcore players

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Utopia: The Strategy RPG for Hardcore players

Is that really the message you want displayed on the front page? The majority of the players are pretty casual players but the banner just screams "CASUALS BE GONE!". Seems like the message would ultimately do more harm than good

Idk, just my opinion...

Regular
    +1 for palem...
    after saying such smart and sensitive thing, i would vote woman in http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...ender-is-Palem
    and without jokeing, he\she are right, it does sound bad if your casual.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Nothings stopping you from voting lol

You think this is a casual game?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    My roommate plays Bakery Shop (or whatever it's called) more than I play Utopia and I would in no way call her a "Hardcore Gamer".

You get as much out of this game (as with any game) that you put into it. Hardcore players do well. Casual players find their own ways to have fun. I just think banner will scare more people off than it will entice...

I doubt it, this is an elitist PVP game. No point hiding it. Its a strength, not a weakness.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You think this is a casual game?
    no, it's a game that you can choose to be casual player (who log 2 times a day, attacking and mange his prov) or you can be hardcore player that spend hours in kd forum, irc and micro his prov every tick.

what i like in utopia is that the low ranking kds can have diffrent game style from the higher ranking kd's - and i think that most of the game is casual players who log only 2 times a day.

I think any new players that joins and thinks this is casual will not survive oop. If you want to play casually you need to know what you are doing. Advertising Uto as a casual friendly game would be false.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    I think any new players that joins and thinks this is casual will not survive oop. If you want to play casually you need to know what you are doing. Advertising Uto as a casual friendly game would be false.
    well, it's not exactly RPG as well ;-)
    but it's is a pvp game and that can be a good point to get new players, pvp is much more interesting then pve and sound more wellcomeing then the word "hardcore" (for me at last)

did you guys checked sites like gamercharts.com?
    those sites allow you to list your game and keep charts of how many players play\login into the game each week\month and list the most active games.
    half a year ago when my friends from oberon media checked those sites, most of them are free sign, you pay only to have uniqe ad's - could be nice to have utopia up there, it will also get utopia name higher if some one just looking for pvp free games in google...

I'll take a look now

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm not suggesting to advertise this as a casual game, what I'm saying is there's no point in scaring off the casual gamers.

I started playing this game casually just like a lot of other people did and it grew into the obsession that we all have. The game is as hardcore as you make it...

Ya, i started playing casually too - didn't stop me making a BF account as soon as the server was open though. I think perhaps you underestimate peoples opinion of themselves ;) This marketing ploy, for that is what it is, is akin to nightclubs having a queue outside whilst the place is half empty.

I say "akin" as once you get in here it is pretty hardcore.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm going to continue this convo when my insomnia hasn't driven me to 6:30am forum lurkings...lol

Post Demon
    off topic, i logged in this morning and the forums skin has changed to black/tan. its raping my eyes and i've only been on for 20 minutes. is there a way to switch back to the old forums display?

I never understand why people post completely unrelated questions in random threads. Try googling.

Thread Information