Thread: Military Pump

Regular

Military Pump

Anyone has tips on doing Military Pump..

On what to build and How to set Percentage in Draft rates..

Build banks and armories, once armories are in, set draft to Aggressive and cast patriotism. Your % goal would depend on your role.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    Build banks and armories, once armories are in, set draft to Aggressive and cast patriotism. Your % goal would depend on your role.
    is it okay to max out armories?

Due to diminishing returns, it's a juggling act between adding more of a given %-based building or using homes to boost BE. Generally speaking, the breakover point is somewhere around 30% (depending on BE and such).
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Be in fortified.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I generally sit on banks for ~8 weeks while casting paradise, until I have 200-300 million gc. Then, I convert to arms and start drafting. The day before the conflict everything gets trained and buildings rebuilt.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

I do the same as Octobrev.
    ALL the Memes!
    /Forever Alone

Enthusiast
    I wouldn't reccomend doing that unless you're one of the big Boys in the game or in a EOW CF... Run 25% banks and 25% armouries and you'll get alot further.. better than chanced at being undereducated by some bigger kingdom looking to random sone acres....

Enthusiast
    Plundered..... Not undereducated

Post Demon
    Rofl huh?

Quote Originally Posted by TerricK View Post
    Plundered..... Not undereducated
    lol how does one get undereducated mixed up with plundered?

But yeah, 25% arms/banks would do the job, as would going into fortified stance.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Post Demon
    Fort helps.
    If you come out of war landfat and with pezzies intact, use the opportunity to train elites first, with some dspec if your at-home defense and nw/a are especially low - but for races with decent turtling elite you should train pure elites regardless. If you can forsee the end of war, it helps to build banks beforehand, if you don't have them as part of your province already.
    25% banks+arms is unnecessary, but works. I wouldn't build more than 20% arms, and probably less. You should break even on the cost of raze-rebuild at the least. 20%+ guilds are nice to have for raising wpa during this time. Otherwise keep the war buildings that make sense to keep under the circumstances, and raze the least useful first.
    Train up a good tpa, 1.5 at the minimum, to prevent your gold from being snatched while pumping. With higher tpa and some good gc target scouting you might be able to take advantage of other players who neglected their thief defenses, but this is pretty risky if you wind up losing more thieves than its worth. Some thief dens might be of use here to reduce the losses when gc stealing, as would be a decent level of crime science. Don't bother with this if you're too big, because larger players will pay attention to their thief defenses.
    Of course having alchemy science helps immensely, and high population science should also be a priority so that you can pump to a higher level of space efficiency. If you can prepare for pump, those two sciences should receive highest emphasis in order to maximize the effectiveness of a pump.
    If you're underpopulated and landfat, keep your DR at normal until your population recovers. No sense in paying a high draft cost and hurting your income base in the process.

Enthusiast
    Ordray...I was reying on my phone and and it was auto correcting I assume bit not really sure.....

Thread Information