Thread: Avian/tactician- noob need help!

Avian/tactician- noob need help!

I've never been avian before.
    I was wondering if anyone recommends a particular build??
    for OOW/in war/etc
    also, it seems i can't get my be% above 89 for some reason. im even +7 including science gains.

I'd recommend a build along the general lines of:
    • 8% Homes
    • 7% Farms
    • 25% Banks
    • 20% Training Grounds
    • 20% Hospitals
    • 12% Guilds
    • 8% Towers
    With your Attack time modifiers for Avian and Tactician, Barracks aren't a great deal of use for you. Hospitals, however, are almost required in order to maintain your forces while making frequent attacks.

Farms, Guilds, and Towers are also pretty much required - regardless of war status.

The Banks produce a solid, reliable income that can help bolster your Sciences (Alchemy, Population, Tools, and War being prime for you) in addition to funding your military.

What remains are stacking Training Grounds to boost your OME and, while 8% Homes isn't much, it's enough to help keep your BE up. Check with your Building Advisor to see how many Peasants you have compared to the 'optimal number of workers' needed to keep things @ 100%.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Post Demon
    You may consider checking the numbers of weighing in banks vs armouries in war. With attacks so frequent and the continuous need to redraft and retrain, you may find yourself with a more reliable income by making use of a split of armouries and banks.

From Twyla's build, you could probably lower guilds and towers a little, say 10% and 4-5% respectively while in war, but maintain a higher guild count outside war to sustain a decent WPA.

Depending on whom your facing, you may also consider scraping what you can for some WT's.

12% Guilds is the absolute minimum. You can drop towers if you like but then you better steal your runes. With avian 7.6h attack times and 14h building time (with Bboom!) you will look at minimum of 30% buildings under construction all the time. So if you try keep 10% guilds the real amount will be around 7% meaning you fail alot of your self spells

I'm an Av/tact myself, and I am the only one in my KD, making me the obvious chain target.
    I've got attack times of 6.2 hours. Playing Av/Tact means you got to show yourself to be the one who should be chained. Av/Tact is fast enough to survive very deep chains.
    Last war I got knocked down to 82 acres in 2 hours time, and 4 hours later, my acres came in and I was back at 300 again.
    Build:
    Homes:8
    Farms:7
    Banks:17
    Tr. grds:15
    Barracks:15
    Hospitals:20
    Guilds:12
    Towers:6
    ALL the Memes!
    /Forever Alone

If youre getting chained why dont you have GS then?

Post Demon
    17 banks should be 17 GS in ur build Shya

0% banks bro.

once ur fully trained pre war raze them out for 17% GS, or probabyl 18.5 GS, 18.5 Hosp.

play using spec creds and build creds economically.

Post Demon
    War builds can change quite frequently... what you do with your incoming acres is very important for avians, as they are heavily reliant on % buildings to get their province to do what it needs to do.

Here is what I intend to use as a base for my avian (warrior) once my current war is over... the general idea is the same for tactician.

15% banks
    15% hospitals
    15% training grounds
    8% farms
    10% guilds
    7% towers

Leaving about 30% lands to do with as I please. During war some of these buildings will fall to the wayside in favor of other % buildings, depending on my status in the war. Guard stations are the most obvious pick in war, and watchtowers are almost obligatory to keep t/ms at bay. (Clear Sight cannot be relied upon, and if a t/m does not vortex that before a major op run than they suck at t/m; but if CS is up with some watchtowers, it does a good job of blocking a/t and a stupid superthief or t/m.) How much of each varies, but 15% of each is a good starting place. As mentioned above, what you do with your acres grabbed is vital, since you want to adjust to what your enemy is doing... you can't build everything to make your province invincible and strong, but you can tweak your build towards power (training grounds and barracks), defense (gs, hospitals, sometimes forts), or more economy buildings (banks, and to a lesser extent farms and towers). You will want to keep about 10% guilds as well in order to reliably cast the self-spells you want to use, since Avians have a pretty good spellbook for defending their province militarily and economically.

Outside of war the extra lands would go towards more banks and guilds. You don't want to shift buildings around too much, but sometimes it's necessary.

I wouldn't bothering going into a war with heavy barracks... in a ghetto you can get away with zero barracks and still do very good. My barracks as avian non-tact are about the same as a tactician's base attack time, and I get under 8 hours a hit. If your kingdom has the advantage and wants to farm out the enemy as much as possible, then by all means go nuts with them... same with being the chain victim and wanting to stay afloat as much as possible, provided you have low-defense targets to hit (hence a reduced need for training grounds, and more room for gs+hospitals to hold on to what you've lost.

People often make the mistake of assuming that avians are all about their attack time... you really need to work hard to make up for your relatively weak military and lack of an economic bonus, and pay attention to thieves and magic as well. Avians are best played by adjusting to changing situations and taking advantage of any weakness in the enemy, so if you can find an enemy with weakened tpa or wpa - or your kingdom makes one - you can exploit that opportunity better than an undead or orc can. Humans are better thieves by a hair, but a good avian can do just as much damage if they pay attention. They should never lock themselves into an a/t role though, as it will not do well against a fully pumped and well built province... and avian a/m is just silly.

Keep good science where you can, especially gains to offset your -10% penalty.

Why is everyone suggesting banks in war build? I strongly second DDodge's numbers. Split high amounts of guard stations and hospitals. The only thing you need income for is dragons, rely on credits for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by dingy2 View Post
    Why is everyone suggesting banks in war build? I strongly second DDodge's numbers. Split high amounts of guard stations and hospitals. The only thing you need income for is dragons, rely on credits for the rest.
    Elementary, my dear dingy...

Going into war, you're going to want your military as stacked as you can get it - and keep it that way! With 25% Banks, you can afford to draft nearly 80% of your population and still afford to build incoming lands (which Building Credits rarely cover by even half) and to train Elites and Thieves (to which Spec Credits don't apply). Regardless of Combat Losses, Hospitals in no way provide for the extra military needed to defend newly-gained lands. High draft rates do - provided you have the funds to train them.

Due to an Avian Tactician's incredible Attack Times they should remain in a constant state of growth, which will keep their BE up due to the combination of inertia and buildings under construction.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Post Demon
    Banks are useful for running any draftrate beyond reservist, aiding allies, being able to train elites, taking advantage of a peasant surplus if you grow ahead of the pack, and of course dragon funding... it might make sense to put the land into more gs+hosp+wt, but only one of those buildings is guaranteed useful. Since I don't use barracks for a number of reasons, I have the space.

I don't know why people keep oow and war builds so much different from each other. The only thing I raze when switching to war build as undead are my 13% arms, which i exchange for WTs (i know im not an avian tact or wtv, but it applies to every race), everything else stays the same. Needless to say im always able to donate some money to dragon.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    I don't know why people keep oow and war builds so much different from each other. The only thing I raze when switching to war build as undead are my 13% arms, which i exchange for WTs (i know im not an avian tact or wtv, but it applies to every race), everything else stays the same. Needless to say im always able to donate some money to dragon.
    sure, but we uds pretty much got keep attacking 24/7 oow aswell. Other races do benifit from rebuilding for oow alot more. Personaly i wouldent go for added rax with avian/tact. Prolly would add some wt's, along with CS its a read thive killer and should save you from beeing a target for heavy NS.

Regular
    is it really useful to build WT in War for Avian/Tact or it would be more useful if i add it to other buildings like GS, Hosp or even TG

Thread Information