Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Max Gain Strategy

Max Gain Strategy

As a monarch, how would I implement a max gain strategy mid war?

I understand its preferable to do max gain with 10% gs, so do I ask my kd to build incoming land as guard stations?

Do we concentrate on training offence or defence?

How do we stop ourselves from becoming fat and acting as 'land banks' for the opposing kd?

Enthusiast
    I think the more appropriate question for you to ask is WHY would a kingdom switch to max gains strat half way through war. As it is more important to know when and why to switch to max gains then it is to know how to do it (as max gaining is relatively easy).

Well, it seems we do not have the commitment to completely deep chain the opposing kd. Semi chains hasn't worked so that leaves outgrowing them using ub's.

Veteran
    the trick is knowing how to pull out in time!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
    the trick is knowing how to pull out in time!
    There are SOOOOOOOOOO many things I could say to that. :p
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Max gaining strategy only works if you have either a.) all ur attackers with 100opa+ or b.) high gains %. Your attackers also need to be active and good. 20+ very good orc players in a kd and u should never lose a war imo. Just gotta make sure ur keeping solid wpa + tpa and wts, and u should never ever ever ever lose. The problem is people cant play the race perfect or arent active enough, so theyre easily exploited by hybrids, or they lack enough offense. SaD.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 27-02-2012 at 06:15.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Demon
    fat is beautiful. don't let the mainstream media tell you otherwise.

Post Demon
    Max gain in a "getto" war is fairly straightforward - everyone hit whoever gives them best land. T/Ms do blanket ops and econ kill as they can. Your job is to watch for the enemy building an UB - if they get one (on the edge, at first) T/Ms need to start troop kill against them, and you need your top attackers to get more offense asap to take him back into range. And, of course, if your get the UB, you try to keep it and lock the land up in him.

In sustained max gain, land itself doesn't really matter (for a while). You need *econ* to cope with the fact that all the land is flying back and forth and all the troops are dieing. If someone gets big gains for the enemy... now they are land fat, and become a natural target for a max gain. So... you're trying to keep taking all their land (do damage to their econ and give you more space to pes) while trying to get your NW up enough to keep the land you keep taking.

If your NW is growing and theirs dropping, the land will follow soon enough, cause they'll run into your stronger defense and have to hit down. That's the biggest power of the UB in a max gain - forced their top hitters to hit down for lower gain - and they stop taking hits so econ gets much stronger.

This all assumes a getto to lower-mid teir kingdom, fighting for a win. If you are at the top, looking to grow, then max gain is literally about the land, of course.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Post Demon
    Chaining is better but I do love the stress free "hands off" approach that max gaining provides for monarchs

Veteran
    Try to think about your strats instead, play around with a few different concepts, see what works and learn cause-effect of different choices. Just putting max gains will never evolve you as a kd, and once you face a smarter kd who knows what they're doing you'll always be pwnt. I've seen some top players say max gain is good, maybe that's so in top 5, but for rest of game it's a loser strat unless you have so superior provs/activity so you would win regardless of what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elurin View Post
    but for rest of game it's a loser strat unless you have so superior provs/activity so you would win regardless of what you do.
    We're stuck in a stalemate. Same activity, same skill level. Chaining hasn't worked, just trying to spice things up.

if you max gains all war properly, you will never lose. A chain is just a max gain done in order.

Format your papers post-war in a max gain strategy and you'll see it has the same result.
    The End of an Era

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    How is being 10th in a chain and hitting for 25 acres a "better" gain than hitting someone else and hitting for 200 acres?

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    How is being 10th in a chain and hitting for 25 acres a "better" gain than hitting someone else and hitting for 200 acres?
    then that's an inefficient chain. when realest says max gains in chaining, target's nw drops as he's being chained. the process leads to dropping the chain target's nw for the range of lower-tier pvs who can max gain. good leaders plan chaining with such plans in mind, hence the reason multiple chain targets(more than 1) are selected so all pvs get good gains

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Either way, dropping their nw also drops their land. There's usually a fatter target available while chaining...

Thread Information