Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Libraries

Post Fiend

Libraries

Does it make sense for a Sage to run libraries during war or out of war?

Please Advise.

Post Demon
    when you have substantial books to make it worth it.

for further info regarding specific percentages, search for previous forum threads on the topic of science and you will find your answer.

Veteran
    What about for someone who is a non-sage personality? E.G. (faery/mystic) heavy T/M ?

Forum Addict
    There are loads of threads on this. Here is the most recent that has a good answer: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...06-Science-Max

This seems like it would be a good wiki article considering it gets asked so frequently.

Post Demon
    yes it is worth it if you have sufficient science to modify.

again... search feature! theirs already a thread, if not multiple i forget, that answer these questions 10x over

Post Demon
    It makes sense when you have the science, obviously, sage or not.

Weigh the benefits against the other buildings you can use - most don't have a direct science equivalent. Also note that the value of libraries will decrease when growing rapidly, moreso than most buildings, but libraries become much more valuable if you're chained and need to recover. It would probably work best when you're expecting to be chained, and take every other measure possible to make yourself as difficult to take down as possible; it's not strictly a matter of using libs to tweak your offense higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    What about for someone who is a non-sage personality? E.G. (faery/mystic) heavy T/M ?
    idk why you would pick faery/mystic in the first place. being sage, you have nearly as high of a wpa anyways and then benefits to all other stats as well. but even if you were silly enough to pick faery/mystic, as long as you have sufficient books its fine. i dont know the exact numbers but id guess its around 500 books/acre. and also, i wouldnt really consider a faery/mystic a heavy tm nine times out of ten.

roughly 5% libs for every 500 books per acre for a sage. 50% more for a non sage i believe.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by marve View Post
    idk why you would pick faery/mystic in the first place. being sage, you have nearly as high of a wpa anyways and then benefits to all other stats as well. but even if you were silly enough to pick faery/mystic, as long as you have sufficient books its fine. i dont know the exact numbers but id guess its around 500 books/acre. and also, i wouldnt really consider a faery/mystic a heavy tm nine times out of ten.

uhmm buddy, thats an insult.

It may be insulting, but it is kinda true............ fae mystic is kind of a waste.........

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    It may be insulting, but it is kinda true............ fae mystic is kind of a waste.........
    it was meant to be, sorry man. i was showing you the error in your ways haha. sage is best, rogue is second best. really nothing else fits well.

Regular
    Bishop, when you say 500 bpa are you referring to individual sciences or collective?

collective
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by marve View Post
    it was meant to be, sorry man. i was showing you the error in your ways haha. sage is best, rogue is second best. really nothing else fits well.
    Merchant is 3rd best.

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    Merchant is 3rd best.
    id let you argue that, because merchant is the universal personality that can go with anything, but i still would never play faery/merch nor would i ask someone else to. so i wont argue with you, but it really shouldnt be played. sage long term will still be better.

Thread Information