Thread: Elf rogue help

Regular

Elf rogue help

So...
    I'm kind of a noob here so don't laugh xD

Don't really know what got me into picking that combo but whatever, it is what it is.

My build atm is:
    1. Homes: 101 (18.1%)
    2. Farms: 44 (7.9%)
    3. Banks: 55 (9.8%)
    4. Forts: 55 (9.8%)
    5. Guilds: 93 (16.6%) + 1 in progress (0.2%)
    6. Towers: 110 (19.7%) + 1 in progress (0.2%)
    7. Thieves' Dens: 91 (16.3%) + 3 in progress (0.5%)

I have 0.3 raw wpa(-.-'), 2.2 raw tpa, 63 dpa(47 w/o elites), 23 opa(training another 25ish atm)

Atm my plan is to play A/T with some wizards to cast FBs and stuff. ANY help or advice is greately appreciated. Btw this is 3 days oop with approx 600 acres :/

If I send you credits will you reset with a better pick?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Regular
    i already bought them. i will stick to this choice if i don't get recruited to more active kd. If i do, i will change it according to kds needs.
    So basically, for now ill be experimenting with this, i though maybe someone had some experience with this combo. For the next age i will most definately pick better :)

thanks anyway :)
    Last edited by grofdojka; 27-02-2012 at 11:20.

Post Demon
    Forget A/t or a/T for a long time. Just play as a plain t/m and it's less crappy... not as good as Faery and requires way too many runes to make its' mana bonus work, with a higher fail rate. Really gets screwed when Faeries have a thief advantage and decide to farm out your runes.

a/t in general is a highly overrated playing style, and requires a kingdom of highly coordinated players to work... even then, it's a crapshoot since ops have a substantial random factor. Most attackers will adjust their tpa to make succeeding ops difficult... the only way your rogue pick gets profit is if you find someone who totally neglected their thief defenses, or your kingdom is organized enough to destroy thief/mage defenses. As a random ghetto province, Rogue attackers are notoriously worthless in my experience, winding up doing neither task particularly well and being locked into thievery by their personality all age.

Regular
    well that sucks :( thanks on elaborating, will try playing t/m then

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    Forget A/t or a/T for a long time. Just play as a plain t/m and it's less crappy... not as good as Faery and requires way too many runes to make its' mana bonus work, with a higher fail rate. Really gets screwed when Faeries have a thief advantage and decide to farm out your runes.

a/t in general is a highly overrated playing style, and requires a kingdom of highly coordinated players to work... even then, it's a crapshoot since ops have a substantial random factor. Most attackers will adjust their tpa to make succeeding ops difficult... the only way your rogue pick gets profit is if you find someone who totally neglected their thief defenses, or your kingdom is organized enough to destroy thief/mage defenses. As a random ghetto province, Rogue attackers are notoriously worthless in my experience, winding up doing neither task particularly well and being locked into thievery by their personality all age.
    +1 to that. but honestly, whether you join a more active kd or not, i would still change race/pers. currently you are not going to learn and improve at this game with combinations like that. elf by itself isnt all that great and rogue is meh, it can only be paired with a couple races. i would just completely change to something a bit more beneficial on either the attacker side or else a faery. because as it stands, this will be a long age for you and you will hate the game by the end.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by grofdojka View Post
    well that sucks :( thanks on elaborating, will try playing t/m then
    Well you can play a/T/m; however, this takes alot of experience and its a very lethal combo if you have several others playing it as well, because hybrids unified insync of others in their kingdom and coordination it is VERY deadly because you can spread out the operations and destruction: Pertaining given you are running elf/rogue it is a nice combo if you think about the +2 mana tick per war and the +1 stealth per tick <--- if you want to run an a/t/m or even an a/T you have to really consider how far you want your BE% to drop while your nw/a rises: Given the circumstances if you run a 65-70% draft you can have the legit offense to make single hits while running 3-4 raw tpa, your wpa won't make much of a difference except for defensive purposes: you are a rogue!! they are the most deadly personalities out there!

Elf rogue help
    So...
    I'm kind of a noob here so don't laugh xD

Don't really know what got me into picking that combo but whatever, it is what it is.

My build atm is:
    1. Homes: 101 (18.1%)
    2. Farms: 44 (7.9%)
    3. Banks: 55 (9.8%)
    4. Forts: 55 (9.8%)
    5. Guilds: 93 (16.6%) + 1 in progress (0.2%)
    6. Towers: 110 (19.7%) + 1 in progress (0.2%)
    7. Thieves' Dens: 91 (16.3%) + 3 in progress (0.5%)

I have 0.3 raw wpa(-.-'), 2.2 raw tpa, 63 dpa(47 w/o elites), 23 opa(training another 25ish atm)

Atm my plan is to play A/T with some wizards to cast FBs and stuff. ANY help or advice is greately appreciated. Btw this is 3 days oop with approx 600 acres :/

if you really want to go A/T and do light maging, drop the towers to like 3% change the forts into TG/barracks and oh yeah HOSPITALS <-- also raising up your TPA a bit with some-- these are just suggestions because I ran a/t last age with hu/rogue and it was ungodly wicked -- sure I lacked offense/defense and got chained alot as I was a deadly person just to give ytou an idea of what I had I had a 65% draft rate, like very little towers only like 10-15 at 600-700 acres, I had around 30-35k offense and the same defense, all the while having 2.5 raw wpa and like 4 raw tpa. Yeah I had a bad BE% it was between 79-85% however, the damage I inflicted and my return times in war was 10 hours cause I ran 20% barracks, and 15% hospitals it was a fairly lethal combo and it got me into trouble in war and chained first and hard! after they chained me hard I got light chained and even then when they worked on my other heavy attackers I was hard to keep down, although my offense/defense and economy suffered I had the rogue combo perso with (propaganda) ;) it really HELPED me in times of need and so did NSing (then again humans also had the +40% dmg, which was wicked) it was a really fun experience, I learned alot and it was quite frustrating age, because whenever I got up to 1k acres a week later I was down to 500 or so, then attacking sending out up to 1k then dropped to 800 give or take, however, the point of playing attacker is keeping armies out 24/7 and land exchanging in and out! it is one of the mechanics of the game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by marve View Post
    +1 to that. but honestly, whether you join a more active kd or not, i would still change race/pers. currently you are not going to learn and improve at this game with combinations like that. elf by itself isnt all that great and rogue is meh, it can only be paired with a couple races. i would just completely change to something a bit more beneficial on either the attacker side or else a faery. because as it stands, this will be a long age for you and you will hate the game by the end.
    while yes he will hate the age at the end: In the end the experience and knowledge he gains from this experience is much more worth that of the failures that are beset before him! I think there is potential in that combination! If played correctly and given the right correspondent

Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    while yes he will hate the age at the end: In the end the experience and knowledge he gains from this experience is much more worth that of the failures that are beset before him! I think there is potential in that combination! If played correctly and given the right correspondent
    im sorry but youre wrong. if you are going to play that combo, you will be a weak attacker or okay t/m. there is nothing that elf/rogue can do that another race/pers combo couldnt do better. and learning from mistakes is indeed valuable, but if the mistakes are things that wouldnt happen with a decent race/pers then the experience would not be rich in value.

Regular
    thanks for the input guys. i will change my race/personality in a day but i learned some lessons :)

btw i'm not easily frustrated and i played this game long time ago so no fear in quiting or anything

You could probably make it an a/t/m if you got 10k bpa and princess
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Regular
    prince*

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    You could probably make it an a/t/m if you got 10k bpa and princess
    hell, with those stats you could make undead/shep or faery/tact work.

Enthusiast
    Don't waste your credits resetting.. Justcabandon yourvprovince and start another..

Veteran
    If he is running rogue and he gets dropped he can easily Propaganda the enemy military and ambush them, just because an attacker has double offense/defense of said province who they attack is nothing! given the right ability ambushing and hitting you back would be just as effective as your double tap if not greater because he can not only damage you with ops and replenish his military you destroyed, he can hit you back and even harder and if he was running elf/rogue he could pitfall you and fireball you too hell before opping to help him in dropping you much more effectively (a/t/m hybrid is hard to do yes!! Given all put into retrospect running a 60% draft + raw wpa with rogue personality your Be would not suffer very much, its quite able to do so)

this is an example of elf/rogue (which is nice early game and mid/late game if you can keep up with the sage demands, because if you can break them with ops then you are set! )

However, i have never played elf/rogue a/t/m before so I cannot examine this properly; however, talking about it the way we have, I'd really wanna give it a try now!

Thread Information