Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Force kds to w/d

Post Fiend

Force kds to w/d

My kd has out gained, out honored, out attacked, out uniqued, out networthed our opponents. We're currently 10k acres bigger than them and are beginning to pk their players.

But they are stubbornly not withdrawing. If a kd is so vastly ahead in all possible categories by a certain given time there should be an option to force a kd to w/d.

Let's say if one kd has gained 50% more nw and gained 100% more land by 72 hours a button should pop up to force wd.

Lots of people are saying that there is strategy to falling behind initially and then coming back later. And I can agree to that logic. However, if you were to fall behind so much that your opponent has outgained you by 1/2 your nw and twice your land after a minimum of 3 days, then you're clearly the winner and you need to be able to force a w/d.

Otherwise you get the situation we're in now, where we are pking the enemy kd (they've already had 2 deletions since min time), and then players leave the game. This is hurting the game and needs to be resolved.

That sounds like that is something that should be reported on an individual basis not something that should be forced on Utopia as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by macleod View Post
    Otherwise you get the situation we're in now, where we are pking the enemy kd (they've already had 2 deletions since min time), and then players leave the game. This is hurting the game and needs to be resolved.
    If you think it's bad for the game, then stop doing it.

Land, nw, and honor don't dictate wars. You can go into war to get those things, but wars aren't there to gain/lose those resources. Try something else, or pick a better target next time.

Post Fiend
    we've beaten them in every aspect, we deserve the ww

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You haven't beaten them in every respect, otherwise you would have your war win.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You haven't beaten them in every respect, otherwise you would have your war win.
    Not necessarily. I've had wars that went for several weeks and through EoA because it was a tight race, they accused 2 of our guys of cheating, and we beat them into the dirt. We more than doubled their NW and land (I don't remember honor levels, but we had a significantly higher amount), but they still wouldn't surrender. We just started PK'ing their provinces, and ended up killing 5 or so of them before EoA, and they never surrendered even after they reported our guys and support took no action because there was nothing to take action upon.
    We beat them in every conceivable metric, but we didn't get the WW. Why? Because they decided to be spiteful little buggers.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    but we didn't get the WW.
    Then you lost.

Quote Originally Posted by palem View Post
    you haven't beaten them in every respect, otherwise you would have your war win.
    +1 :p
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Post Demon
    this comes up all the time. IF YOU ARE BEATING A KINGDOM WHY DO U WANT THEM TO WITHDRAW???

when im winning a war i hope the other kingdom stays in it as long as freakin possible. i send them messages of encouragement about how they can turn the war around and make a comeback......

but honestly why the fuss over someone not withdrawing. dont even speak to them, just honor farm them, take their acres, and have some fun demolishing their provs.

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    but honestly why the fuss over someone not withdrawing. dont even speak to them, just honor farm them, take their acres, and have some fun demolishing their provs.
    It used to be 1 word: Pride. Now there are 3 words: Pride and Charts.
    In my KD's instance (and I'm not even saying that we should force KDs to surrender, just playing a bit of devil's advocate) we did just what you said. Except for not talking on the forums :P I had to just stop going to the War Forums at one point because I couldn't really keep my temper in check. I actually still get ticked off thinking about some of that XD

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So you guys were berating them in the war forums...

gee, that sure is an unsolvable mystery of why they didn't want to surrender you've got here...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    So you guys were berating them in the war forums...

gee, that sure is an unsolvable mystery of why they didn't want to surrender you've got here...lol
    Except it wasn't that. In fact, it was the exact opposite. They were attacking us, accusing our players of cheating, attacked the character of our players, and were just being douches in general. I know why they didn't surrender.

Long story short, our KD was in a close war. Our monarch had a planned absence since before the war started. He went into vacation on the same day that he had posted. They cried VM abuse. One of our other provinces was accused of cheating (he sat another player's province for a couple of days) and reported him, and a few in the other KD started going on and on in the war forums. Said KD mate of mine and I made a few jokes about it like, "Yeah, we're multis. I use my Facebook account to control one and my game account from another MMORPG to control mine." That of course got reported, and even briefly spilled over into these forums for a brief period. Support investigated and exonerated our provinces. Our monarch came back, and we ground them into the dirt, and they were left with only personal attacks to resort to. Before EoA they said that they had lost the war, but that they wouldn't give us the satisfaction because we were "admitted cheaters."
    Last edited by Ordray; 29-02-2012 at 05:52.

Here's a thought:

After a minimum amount of time - say, 72 hours - the 'Winning Kingdom' is given the opportunity to make a Victorious Withdrawl. This process takes 24 hours, essentially mirroring the modifiers of the first 24 hours of War for the Kingdom which selects this option. During this time, the Kingdom which opts for a Victorious Withdrawl may not perform any hostile actions against their opponent - though this in no way affects the remaining Kingdom's ability to do so.

At the end of the Victorious Withdrawl, a full Cease-Fire is enacted and the final 'score' is tallied. The Kingdom with the highest 'score' - provided it is at least 20% higher than their opponent's - receives the War Win. If the final 'scores' do not exceed this margin, neither Kingdom receives a Win for that War. Regardless of this outcome, the usual 3% Honor Transfer does not occur and only the opposing Kingdom retains its End-of-War protection.

Food for thought.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Post Demon
    Ordray im just saying ur looking at it wrong. Who cares if they withdraw if its truly as lopsided as you say it is??? If a KD that you are completely dominating stays in a war with you for 3 weeks when you have that much advantage, by then you can very likely generate your way to a 1st place honor finish.

if thats not the case and its still somewhat close and they can cause damage to you, then perhaps thats why they werent withdrawing.

i think any of these rules that have been suggested would be terrible, Twyla's being by far the most asinine. "Score".... "winning kingdom"... what the hell are you talking about. if a kingdom is staying in a war with you FOR THREE WEEKS when you are stomping them, thats giving you a free honor crown. Since its only kingdoms that war against "ghettos" that have this issue, you obviously arent playing for the land or nw crown.... so what on earth is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    i think any of these rules that have been suggested would be terrible, Twyla's being by far the most asinine. "Score".... "winning kingdom"... what the hell are you talking about.
    Simply proposing a possible addition which could help address the issue being presented in the OP. 'Score' and 'Winning Kingdom' are simply arbitrary terms for concepts within the inner workings of Utopia which would need both definition and refinement, somewhat akin to the NW Formula, as a means to determine when such an option might become available.

Some may find it useful to have such an option, others may never choose to use it. Not everyone plays Utopia the same way or with the same goals.

Regardless of how "asinine" some of my ideas may be, at least I'm making an effort to concoct a potential solution to address a not-uncommon concern.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Thread Information