Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UF NEWS: Simians Went Ape In The Undercity

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Don't blame the reporter for a kingdom lacking the ability or care to represent themselves. We represented ourselves. If you don't like the style or don't think an article should be written because one side refuses cooperation, then that is too damn bad. Grow up - all of you.
    I don't mean to jump in here, but that last bit was unnecessary..
    Why do you try and hold the moral high-ground over everyone because they don't agree with you?

Personally, I think being professional as a News Reporter is important. You are writing for a community. Limited available resources or not, you have to maintain complete balance when producing an article.
    News Reporters are meant to be neutral party's, so why should they be able to say things with subliminal-biasing?
    That article was biased. There is no doubt about that. It is fact. Regardless of whether it is true or not that they are "lapdogs", or that their propaganda was "pointless", It is biased..
    Not only could you be equal by saying something like "honorary propaganda", but the fact that it wasn't pointless if they did it to recover honor... There's the point.. To recover honor..

On a side-note, however, I'm not taking sides, nor am I trying to flame the News Reporter- or anyone else for that matter. I am merely standing by fact.
    Congratulations on the War Win, Simians.

Forum Addict
    Don't blame the reporter for a kingdom lacking the ability or care to represent themselves. We represented ourselves. If you don't like the style or don't think an article should be written because one side refuses cooperation, then that is too damn bad. Grow up - all of you.
    LOL?

Reporters should be impartial. Simians has no reason to be, obviously. The reporter should have taken what you gave him and written it as an objective article. If he wanted to give your perspective, he's welcome to do so. He didn't.

Let's take the most glaring example...

"Since kd tags are not up yet, Simians KLA hoped to have hit the jackpot and prayed that The Undercity was actually Hall of Heroes, the alleged lapdogs of Absalom."

He didn't say that Simians alleged that HOH is the lapdogs of Absalom. To properly report it would be to say that Simians alleged that HOH were the lapdogs of Absalom. As written, it's not impartial.

You can still write balanced articles, even if one side doesn't give any perspective. It's just a matter of not presenting everything told to you by the other side as fact. The reporter failed to do that.

There's also some crazy idea that all articles have to be imaginative and fantastic. Using colorful language is nice, but the ridiculous titles and over the top language detract from the content of the writing.
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    and never warred us without a huge bank and being 140% our nw... lol
    Your choice to war and I recall 1 war we didn't have our bank up yet.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalFantasyWorld View Post
    Quote me on being upset about criticism please. Sounds like the only upset person is you. You can call me a Nazi for all I care, I won't even frown.

NB: I compile all criticisms for future article writing.
    lol it was in general. See, you take things personally that it's aimed at you, what's "Sounds like the only upset person is you. You can call me a Nazi for all I care, I won't even frown." What's this for? lol

Don't seem like you're able to handle your emotions well? notice what BBB said? That if you want news from sources and to post accurate news handle your relationships with news sources better. If I were playing I won't offer you an interview either if you act like that, learn to be nice and diplomatic. =)

Forum Addict
    So I guess when everyone disagrees with me, the world is wrong and I'm right! I like your mentality, you will go far in this world young padawan.

I did not enjoy that article. But seemed like some nice warring, gg to both.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tak3shi View Post
    So I guess when everyone disagrees with me, the world is wrong and I'm right! I like your mentality, you will go far in this world young padawan.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion. I liked the article, and so you should have as well.

what is all this f***ery. the article was witty. all of yall that say its biased, god damn relax a bit. biased or not it is what it is and if ppl are just going to be boring pricks when writing the article then im not even gonna bother with it anymore. that said good job OP. gj simians. ppl need a lil less flame under their butts sometimes.
    Icy 4 8

Post Fiend
    "Hall of Heroes, the alleged lapdogs of Absalom." <--- considering that this is the community consensus... well, it's not really biased :P

I think HoH players (and I'm sure a lot of Abs) are just tired of hearing it. I imagine would be too.

Postaholic
    Nice article...

Bias or not... who cares? HoH didn't provide comments so too bad, so sad.

Had they provided their side of the story and the writer still proceeded to write as is then shame on him. Otherwise, he has every right to write whatever he pleases and make anything up. It's his article at the end of the day.. don't read it if it's not your cup of tea or sue him for making false claims.

Thread Information