SOPA & PIPA

Okay... So I am a college student and. . . I came across this statement for the testimonial dated for December of 2011 in my libraries online database!! Using keywords under the military and government collection after coming across said document, I attempted to search a second time for it, and cannot find it!

In the search for this document and reading upon it (was a government testimonial) of said acts and laws protraying.

The fact my computer froze, net disconnected, computer ( I had to restart it myself) retarted, and start up again the net, attempting to search the same exact search only to find it missing from the databases!! not to be seen again...

curiouser and curiouser. . . .

However, I found this one in it's place!

For Immediate Release
Wyden Delivers Floor Speech on the Motion to Proceed to Protect IP
December 17, 2011
Washington, D.C. - U.S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) delivered the following remarks on the floor of the U.S. Senate after cloture was invoked on the motion to proceed to the Protect IP legislation when the Senate returns from recess. Protect IP will do serious damage to the free and open Internet in order to combat infringement of intellectual property. Wyden has been a staunch opponent of the legislation and has offered an alternative - the OPEN Act - which will combat IP infringement without doing irreparable harm to the Internet.
``I understand that cloture has been filed on the motion to proceed to the PIPA legislation. As one of a bipartisan group of Senators who strongly objects to proceeding to this bill I believe it is important to begin to outline the very real dangers posed by this bill.
The primary architects of the Internet and our leading cyber- security experts have made it clear that this legislation will undermine the key technologies that prevent fraud and protect consumers on the Internet. Our nation`s leading first amendment scholars have made it clear that this bill poses a serious threat to speech and civil liberties for all who use the Internet. And our nation`s leading technology employers warn that this bill presents a clear and present danger to innovation and job growth in an area that is going to be a major source of new jobs for this century.

The only way I can share this information with you is by copy and pasting it!! So please. . . bear with me as i will probably post several more excrepts. . .

(Have we heard the last of SOPA & PIPA?) <-- Obama is against it as well!!