Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to handle issues of war

Veteran

How to handle issues of war

when attackers hit off key note targets and in war

Very few of the attackers are active (except those that you know) and yet they say they want a "war"

And when we get them one they do not want to participate in trading the blows or helping us in our efforts, how would one go about handling this issues

Also keep in mind we are a ghetto of about "20 provinces or so"

how would you handle these situations of attackers not listening to our monarch or even participating. . . ?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Get rid of them.

Clarify whether this is an issue of ignorance (not knowing any better) or stupidity. Ignorance can be dealt with, but you can't fix stupid.

Either way, issue a "shape up or ship out" ultimatum. If they neither comply nor defect, raze them into the ground (possibly even requesting an assist from the Monarch you're at war with).
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Veteran
    Ahh okay, thanks

But don't do it in war. Wait until after. If you stop hitting each other and just use the war to kill of undesirables, then that would constitute a fake war and could be actioned upon.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Trade into a kingdom.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

tripple D them. and write a short (<- otherwise no one reads it) guide about how to war properly and coordinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Get rid of them.
    this.
    Jesters - Legacy - RoughKnecks - Strippers

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TitusAN View Post
    this.

Still a work in progress (however, I am not just going to abandoned my kingdom mates and leave for something "better")

remove

Veteran
    Well they got their arses in gear after we started dropping the opposing kd from 2.1 to 2.089 xD

we started at 1.8 dropped to 1.9 and i think we are at 2.031 mil :D :D :D

Post Demon
    As a general point, I found if you keep losing wars (semi-intentionally) the selfish start leaving. If you are clear what you want to see, and expect everyone to get there... you may become a 8 person getto, but if those 8 people actually play for the team, 'tis a lot more fun for all of you. And then you just hope the EOA merger lands you in with another kingdom doing more or less the same thing. Once you've got that core of good players who have some real grit... *then* you start recruiting and more traditional kingdom building. Without a battle tested core, the foundation is weak and could go at any time.

At least it worked for my kingdom. 1 bad merge where we drove them all out (except 2 maybe), and 2 good merges running, and last age we didn't even merge again and got almost everyone returning. And I was totally startled to see we actually broke the t100 as a kingdom this age, and are 1/1. (I'm so used to being <50%) Trial by fire, I know at least few of my kingdom-mates simply will not stop attacking until the province dies... and they'd oop 3 days later with heavy offense again.
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    As a general point, I found if you keep losing wars (semi-intentionally) the selfish start leaving. If you are clear what you want to see, and expect everyone to get there... you may become a 8 person getto, but if those 8 people actually play for the team, 'tis a lot more fun for all of you. And then you just hope the EOA merger lands you in with another kingdom doing more or less the same thing. Once you've got that core of good players who have some real grit... *then* you start recruiting and more traditional kingdom building. Without a battle tested core, the foundation is weak and could go at any time.

At least it worked for my kingdom. 1 bad merge where we drove them all out (except 2 maybe), and 2 good merges running, and last age we didn't even merge again and got almost everyone returning. And I was totally startled to see we actually broke the t100 as a kingdom this age, and are 1/1. (I'm so used to being <50%) Trial by fire, I know at least few of my kingdom-mates simply will not stop attacking until the province dies... and they'd oop 3 days later with heavy offense again.

I have been with this kingdom for my 3rd or 4th age now and we have seen alot of hardships and well, we lost a lot of wars, only lost 1-2 players but we have stayed 15-20 strong in our core for the psat 2 or 3 years in game play, even though I joined them 1.5 years ago

Veteran
    also I would like to note, as a kingdom that you ended in t100 we did not, we are just happy with our unity and happy to stay smaller, we have more opportunity for targets and war ;) more viability and more options than just the few around us xD unlike the t100 who contend in that culture we have variety we can choose ;-)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    when attackers hit off key note targets and in war

Very few of the attackers are active (except those that you know) and yet they say they want a "war"

And when we get them one they do not want to participate in trading the blows or helping us in our efforts, how would one go about handling this issues

Also keep in mind we are a ghetto of about "20 provinces or so"

how would you handle these situations of attackers not listening to our monarch or even participating. . . ?
    Getting rid of people is a last resort imo, get them onboard instead. Communicate directly with those people so they can see your plan and where they fit into it. If they deviate, ask them why and listen to their perspective then explain your own perspective.

Thread Information