Thread: Province Details "Hot-Link"

Province Details "Hot-Link"

You know how it goes... Between wars, you go flipping through Kingdom pages in search of a likely target. You find a fat-looking cow to feed from and then have to flip through several useless screens to get to the point where you can actually start trying to get intel on them. Or message them. Or just plain interact with them in any way.

Sure, you can click on the Province to pull up a mini-profile, but the only option presently available is "Give a Gift". Quaint, of course, but hardly practical insofar as the usual goings on in Utopia.

I don't think it would be difficult to include options at the bottom of this screen - either individually or as part of a pull-down menu - which would take you directly to the appropriate screen with the details pre-loaded.

Options would include:
    • Thievery Ops
    • War Room
    An alternate arrangement would present the Message option as a standalone - always available - while the aggressive actions would not be presented if the Province is in Protection or Vacation Mode.

Thoughts and comments?
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

i actually like this idea. i get annoyed when finding someone and then having to go through six screens and forgetting the name etc... i support this. now let me ask you, does it keep that kd in the thief/spells page or does it default back to your own after that op etc...?

Seeing as it seems that it carries that information over via session cookies, I would think the Kingdom selection would remain until it either expired or was changed by selecting a different Kingdom (by whatever means).
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Twyla View Post
    You know how it goes... Between wars, you go flipping through Kingdom pages in search of a likely target. You find a fat-looking cow to feed from and then have to flip through several useless screens to get to the point where you can actually start trying to get intel on them. Or message them. Or just plain interact with them in any way.
    I have a feature that does something like this in uTools, its called tagging, when on a kingdom page you click "Tag Kingdom", then visit your thievery/sorcery page and there is an option to "Jump to XX:XX" which changes the kingdom to the kingdom you tagged.
    uTools for Firefox | uTools for Chrome
    [Angels - Mercy - Evolution - Rage ]

Post Demon
    That's cool, but there are players who don't even know what uTools is, and it'd be great to have this kind of feature built in.
    +1 Twyla.

yea for 3rd party tools. keeping uto alive since it started.
    Icy 4 8

Thread Information