Thread: Utopia News - A new source of Information

Enthusiast

Utopia News - A new source of Information

http://utnews.hnsguild.com

At the request of some friends, and the growing need to have a place for all to report war news, I have made a new site that is open to all to view and most importantly report news.

No sign up is required, and anyone and everyone are welcome to report on any war given the follow a few simple rules and follow an established layout.

Best of all, nothing is turn away, unless its completely unacceptable. No censorship, just fun war reports of your friends, enemies, or unknowns making their way to the top.

So stop on by, submit an article if you wish, read up on some wars(once some get posted). Hopefully soon, we will have a site filled with great stuff.

UTnews Site Admin - TrulyHeroic
    Last edited by TrulyHeroic; 07-03-2012 at 22:47.

Why not just contribute to the UF News project? Other sites generally fade over time (UT, AR, uTimes), but the forums will always be attached to the game.
    S E C R E T S

Enthusiast
    Why not? Cause I believe that reports should be open to all, and not limited. I agree that if this is the case that rules and guidelines need to be followed. Also, it would be nice to get to point where more then 1 report on a war, happens, to give more then one perspective. If perhaps UF News would support this, then perhaps, but for now, only certain people are allowed to post on UF News
    Last edited by TrulyHeroic; 05-03-2012 at 05:11. Reason: spelling errors

Hey, I remember you. <blah blah blah>
    Last edited by Bishop; 05-03-2012 at 13:14. Reason: off topic
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Veteran
    Certain people? such as those who offered their services when news team was recruiting? its a very elite bunch obviously :)

Quote Originally Posted by TrulyHeroic View Post
    Why not? Cause I believe that reports should be open to all, and not limited. I agree that if this is the case that rules and guidelines need to be followed. Also, it would be nice to get to point where more then 1 report on a war, happens, to give more then one perspective. If perhaps UF News would support this, then perhaps, but for now, only certain people are allowed to post on UF News
    UF News would love more help and are actively recruiting reporters/editors, how is it limited? I just don't see another external news site being successful, uTimes was a pretty organized project and didn't last very long at all.
    S E C R E T S

Good luck.
    Utopian 5 Sept 2005 - 5 Sept 2013

Quote Originally Posted by TrulyHeroic View Post
    http://utnews.hnsguild.com

At the request of some friends, and the growing need to have a place for all to report war news, I have made a new site that is open to all to view and most importantly report news.

No sign up is required, and anyone and everyone are welcome to report on any war given the follow a few simple rules and follow an established layout.

Best of all, nothing is turn away, unless its completely unacceptable. No censorship, just fun war reports of your friends, enemies, or unknowns making their way to the top.

So stop on by, submit an article if you wish, read up on some wars(once some get posted). Hopefully soon, we will have a site filled with great stuff.

UTnews Site Admin - TrulyHeroic
    I give it to week 7 of age 53 before this fails.....
    we are always looking for reporters to join the team in #utonews
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    UF News would love more help and are actively recruiting reporters/editors, how is it limited? I just don't see another external news site being successful, uTimes was a pretty organized project and didn't last very long at all.
    Just as you said, recruiting, I believe anyone should be able, so if your saying if anyone is allowed to be a reporter, and thus interviews are just basically say, sure, and your in, then okay. I believe long as a report follows a standard of layout and information, should be open to all.

Also, I am not sure what your policy is on reporting against wills. I am open to the ideal of report with or without the monarchs of the 2 warring parties agreement long as a small curtsy is given. Thus opening the doors to even more war reports.

I will talk with mad_scottish though. see what can done be done to open the flood doors more.
    Last edited by TrulyHeroic; 05-03-2012 at 16:12.

Quote Originally Posted by clarey View Post
    Good luck.
    Yeah, what she said.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

News Correspondent Mad_Scottish's Avatar
    I am not really sure what you are going to achieve on this front by opening an external site. I wish you the best of luck with it if you really truly want to pursue it. The doors are always going to be closed to a certain degree because it is a team of people working to produce the articles. There are going to be ebs and flows as articles are produced and as time permits.

I am definitely taking on more people but there is going to be a limit ie, I dont see the point of having 50 reporters as one example :)

Thread Information