Thread: Unfilled Jobs

Regular

Unfilled Jobs

How can i avoid this?

its sucking up my Income >.<

Lower your draft or increase you maximum population.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Regular
    should i build homes ? explore extra land ? or pump science for housing

It is not necessary to have 100% filled jobs. Its a balance between having low draft and having a weak army.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Don't worry about unfilled jobs. It will lower your BE but that's not so bad as you might think. Many people run ~80 BE all age
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Since Peasants can work 1.5 Jobs, you can have half as many Unfilled Jobs as Peasants and still be at 100% BE. Since the absolute minimal (without mods) BE is 50%, you don't lose much (apart from Income) by skimping a little.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Post Fiend
    And if you want a higher income build banks :) wanne pump up army? banks+armouries do you have onley 500 pezzies and no way to increase it in war? keep getting fb'ed? banks+ few % armouries to lower wages and lower wages to 50%.

Post Demon
    2/3 as many peasants; but it doesn't matter if your BE falls to around 80%, or 70% for Orcs. During war, if your peasants are left alone and your province is growing, your BE will eventually rise - it's not uncommon for a province that grows away to attain 100% BE before mods, and such provinces are dangerous if they know how to use their short-term economic advantage to the fullest.

Provinces that are consistently growing will generally have higher BE, since a portion of their lands will often be under construction and not count against unfilled jobs.
    Investment in tools science obviously raises BE, and housing indirectly increases BE and income by providing more peasants.
    Homes indirectly raise BE, but this is not recommended as they are usually less effective than the buildings that would be built in their place. They also don't matter in war, as there are too many things that nullify birthrates, and if you are allowed to grow fast in war you'll have maximized BE soon enough anyway.

so, if i kiddnap pezzies i can raise my BE for how many hours?

Quote Originally Posted by unom42 View Post
    so, if i kiddnap pezzies i can raise my BE for how many hours?
    BE will rise slowly. It will take a while before you get a big boost in BE
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

keep it 80 and you will be safe

Thread Information