Thread: Elf Mystic help

Elf Mystic help

Just trying to come back to this after a LONG break. Really looking to be primarily a mage and possibly focus somewhat on thievery. I have no real idea anymore how many towers and farms I'll need to run things. Here is the build I was contemplating and some thoughts:

Homes - 30%
    Farms - 5%
    Forts - 15%
    Guilds - 20%
    Towers - 15%
    TD - 15%

Would be attempting to run 5 raw WPA, 3 raw TPA and as much DPA as is leftover (drafting enough to still maintain 100% building effectiveness).

Any ideas on these numbers?
    Are those amount of towers going to be enough to allow me to cast completely every day [should I add more or are they overkill as is]?
    Are 5% farms going to be able to feed me with constant spells and a bit of food research?
    Am I better off diverting some homes into TD/Fort and respectively lowering raw TPA/DPA but keeping the same mod TPA/DPA?
    Is 5 raw WPA overkill for someone who loves landlusting all day everyday?

If anyone has any sample builds, even if they are radically different, it would be much appreciated to look at.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    3tpa won't quite suffice for thieving when you get up above 800 acres or so. Aim for 4.
    5% Farms should be do-able as long as you keep fertile lands up and you've got some science.
    Homes are ok if you aren't planning on attacking.
    5wpa isn't overkill.
    You'll prolly want more towers, especially if you plan on doing a lot of LL'ing.

Post Demon
    Add a tpa and drop a wpa... you really don't need that high wpa to be an effective mage against attackers. Channeling science is far more important. It will probably be a while before you get high raw wpa, and during this time you should up your thieves while you can.
    You absolutely need a strong thief defense, or else any FA/Rogue or HA/Rogue t/m will steal your runes at will, or far, far worse.
    For a mystic, your towers should be good enough to cover spellcasting needs. Again, channeling is highly valuable here. I don't know how much less or more exactly it would be in war, but if you have overkill, dump them off to allies.
    Farms should not be run at a deficit, so it's likely you'll have more than 5% farms, but not much more. FL takes away mana.
    TD/Fort are NOT replacements for raw thieves or defense. Build more if you want better numbers, don't run more thinking that it means you can cut back.
    I think after you have your wpa your guilds can be cut to 12-15%.

I dunno what good builds for t/ms are, but if I were a t/m I would build some economic buildings to help bring that science up. Fortunately Elf gets their defense cheap, giving them a bit more cash to bring their science to a better level.
    BE doesn't really matter to t/ms, but homes are an alright building for them.

Enthusiast
    Homes are a little high... You're gonna need to run 20-25% towers until you get nice magic science in order to keep casting MS,LL, and tornadoe in war...oow 5% towers will produce enough to keep your self spells up.. But then again if you need to grow by paradise you'll need to boost up to 15-20% towers or steal lots of runes....5 wpa raw is a bit overkill you'll most likely be focusing on weakening attackers not T/M's... and if yoyre gonna be thieving too try to run 18-20% TD... Faerys will walk through that mid tpa and just AW, rob towers, and sabotage wizards...

Thread Information