Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes to IP Block

Changes to IP Block

Hi all. I'm facing a few issues regarding the IP block system that is on. I recognize that the IP block is there to prevent users from having multiple accounts, which would render the game imbalance. But it is causing me and my friend in the same kd a few problems.

Firstly, me and my friend do not share a computer or any device together whatsoever. I suspect its due to us having the same ISP hence the block. Because of the block, we cannot simultaneously attack the same target in war, rendering us unable to follow chain attacks. However that is not the only problem. I seem to be unable to attack targets that my friend did not attack. I made an attack to this guy from the opponent kd earlier this afternoon and after 8 hrs I can't ambush him although my friend did not attack him nor did he do any T/M ops on him. The system seems to be sketchy.

To prevent such problems, I suggest that the IP block system be altered to only restrict provinces NOT in the same kd. For provinces in the same kd, there is not much difference between a multi-user and provinces that are well and proper. it is normal for provinces in the same kd to attack the same target in and out of war, the latter being a wave in pre-war. while I understand that the IP block is to prevent people making simultaneous attack on a province, it is not useful for provinces in the same kd, being that I can simply ask a kd mate to hit the same target as me. The anti-cheat feature should focus on multi-users with provinces in different kd. that is because using provinces in different kd to attack a single province may lead to multiple hostiles.

hence i implore you guys to consider altering the system to make it such that it does not affect similar kd provinces. or at least remove it while in war.

The problem is your ISP though, not the system.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by blanked View Post
    hence i implore you guys to consider altering the system to make it such that it does not affect similar kd provinces. or at least remove it while in war.
    War is when running a multi has the most effect unfortunately
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

how so if the provinces are from the same kd that is in war? In war it is totally normal for provinces to attack the same target. there's not much difference between two provinces having two separate owners and two provinces controlled by the same user. they both attack the same targets, share the same intel in pimp.

and bishop, I can't do anything about the ISP so I'm really disadvantaged in war. And the thing is some of the targets that were blocked were not even attacked by my friend. How can he attack a province that was attacked by me like 8 hours back. I did an attack on this dude 8 hrs back and now I can't attack him due to IP block. Doesn't make any sense to me.

So you can xlog your mate in war? I'm sure we can agree this is not something we want to facilitate. Who is your ISP anyway?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Me and my friend are from Singapore and the ISP we're using is Starhub. I know xlogging is bad. But the way it's crippling us in war really gets on my nerves. I can't attack with almost half of the provinces in opposing kd. If my friend was a fearie wouldn't that mean I can't attack any of my target if he MS everyone?

Or perhaps can you provide an explanation on how the system works? Will getting intel cause the block? Because I am absolutely sure my friend did not do anything against the province I'm blocked again. I can't even do any ambushes when I'm a chain target.

Intel wont start the block - anything that involves a resource change will though - attacks, ops, spells. if you are blocked then the same IP was involved on that prov.

Heres the thing. Some of Starhubs ranges are configured right and some are not. Get on to them and complain.

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...063-IP-Address

@Bishop: Maybe make a stickied thread in the bugs section as this type of question comes up quite often.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

More people complain about plague than this.

I wrote about this before.

Bishop just tell "what??" when I wrote about a lot of false positive results of new AntiCheat system.

False positive result = result that is erroneously positive when a situation is normal. Or in our language - blocking ops as cheater's ops from people who has only one account.

I agree, new Prevent-Cheating system (this mean - no one could use multi for himself) at War time must work as notification to admins, but not blocking ops (between warring KDs only).
    If there is cheating, admins always could delete accounts.
    If no - this is base for development anti-Cheating system.

False positive results shake confidence in A-Ch System.

Post Demon
    The developers are developing a system that allows them to focus on development. There may be some issues with it, but for the most part, those issues are of poor quality service from outside sources. These outside sources cannot be controlled by the development team here, so a lot of the complaints that will come of this are going to be misdirected.

Altering the system to allow cheaters and then take administrative action on them when necessary would be a decision of poor judgement. It would reduce time spent on development, therefore lessening enhancements that could make the game better and more suitable for play. Having some issues like this does suck, but the trade off value is significantly one sided. The benefits of having a system like this far surpass the problematic possibilities.

I recognize the benefits of this system. But this system is making users who has only one account to have huge problems playing.

And I noticed some errors in the system that causes me to be unable to attack half of the provinces in the opposite kd.
    As I've said, I did an attack on this guy 8 hrs back and now I can't do any ops on him. There's no way possible that the targets attacked by me in the last 24 hrs can be attacked by my friend. So I don't get why I can get blocked from interacting with these kds when I did attack them within the last 24 hrs. can I get a plausible explanation on this?

Post Demon
    Then you submit your proof of this as a bug report. But as for suggesting anything to reduce or compensate this, however unfortunate it may be, should only be considered if it accomplishes all goals. This is not overly likely to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    The developers are developing a system that allows them to focus on development.
    I agree with that.
    Sure, devs could at least minimize time penalties at war time.

But, devs and admins don't see any false positive results.
    They think users use wrong providers.

There is no such thing as a false positive. You are either sharing an IP or you are not.

Thread Information