Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Libraries

Veteran
    rofl, not every need to rely on sage like a noob (despite how you say how much more beneficial it is, some of us have skill, and yes I have listened to your advice and it has been taken into consideration, I have actually changed my build strat to a better run, but im not giving up mysic for sage, late game or early game double towers/guilds and +30% spell duration, means I have to waste less mana keeping 24/7 spells/ops on enemy provs buddy)

Besides, utopia that is an easy ride is no fun! I'd rather lose 5 wars and be so close to winning and fight a kd that is 300k larger in NW than ours and watch us destroy them and bring them down then fight someone 100-200k Nw smaller or in our range or same size and have an easy win. I unlike some people do not like the "easy life" ;)

Ignorant Sir? I am not ignorant, and id like you to post a link to this thread that I attempted to get you banned me, according to you, I'd love to know. . . (if your implying on the suggestions board or w/e thread it was, I suggested that it should be bannable implying for locations on a public forum ;D that is not implying to ban you but an addition to the policy for revision pal; moreover, before you go assuming sh!t about someone, get your facts straight Sir)

Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    rofl, not every need to rely on sage like a noob (despite how you say how much more beneficial it is, some of us have skill, and yes I have listened to your advice and it has been taken into consideration, I have actually changed my build strat to a better run, but im not giving up mysic for sage, late game or early game double towers/guilds and +30% spell duration, means I have to waste less mana keeping 24/7 spells/ops on enemy provs buddy)
    I stopped caring there. Sage is the hardest personality to play well because it requires a focused effort to achieve greatness. A noob is the person who doesn't realize the value of science and the incredible benefits that are derived from it. The +100% from science isn't even a good Sage number. It's what your average T/M can attain with relative ease without Sage. Sorcerer is wasted on Faery, imo, when you can achieve such better results from going Rogue or Sage.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    I stopped caring there. Sage is the hardest personality to play well because it requires a focused effort to achieve greatness. A noob is the person who doesn't realize the value of science and the incredible benefits that are derived from it. The +100% from science isn't even a good Sage number. It's what your average T/M can attain with relative ease without Sage. Sorcerer is wasted on Faery, imo, when you can achieve such better results from going Rogue or Sage.
    AW (for hybrid would be wicked good) and for progression ideas, im already at a +65% effectiveness in magic already ^.-

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    AW (for hybrid would be wicked good) and for progression ideas, im already at a +65% effectiveness in magic already ^.-
    Science Bonus = Race Mod * Personality Mod * Science Multiplier * SQRT( Books per Acre ) * Library Effect

A sage with libraries would have farrrrrr better numbers.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazingChicken View Post
    Science Bonus = Race Mod * Personality Mod * Science Multiplier * SQRT( Books per Acre ) * Library Effect

I understand that :P like i said im still learning

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingChicken View Post

A Sage would have higher raw book numbers as well. The Human/Sage that I just traded to someone else had 60% on magic science too, and I was playing pure attacker.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    A Sage would have higher raw book numbers as well. The Human/Sage that I just traded to someone else had 60% on magic science too, and I was playing pure attacker.
    thats pretty wicked and considering human get income bonus you can run higher sci than any other race :D

You can when you're not being chained down to 150 acres and have to rebuild :P Faery can pump a bit better than human thanks to ToG and the more stable size, but Humans also have learn attacks open to them.

Post Fiend
    Aiding your kingdom mates is an essential part of being a faery, as well as dragon slaying/dragon funding. All of which faery/sage does far better than a mystic due to higher income science, higher BE, higher pop, etc.

Post Demon
    Sage = overrated. It got a big nerf and wasn't way overpowered before... why is it suddenly awesome now?

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    Sage = overrated. It got a big nerf and wasn't way overpowered before... why is it suddenly awesome now?
    For a Faery? (which is what I was mostly talking about) Mystic isn't that great for them. They don't have the mana "problem" of Elves and they already have MS, so it's +30% duration and a bit of space efficiency. Rogue gets prop and AW plus better TDs. Merch isn't that great, though I guess that it can fund dragons very quickly with ToG. Sage will have a better economy than Mystic or Rogue, better mWPA than any of them, better mTPA than all except maybe rogue, and will be basically exempt from learn attacks due to the miniscule gains to be had from them.

actually it was way overpowered, hence the giant nerfing of it. i think that pretty much sums it up...
    What does 1337 mean?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    +1.

It from from OP to good. I'll gladly play a good personality.

nothing wrong with educating your peasants. :P
    sage properly pumped with good sci is godly. have you ever seen a pv with +50% gain sci? especially in the top level, that extra +50% gain sci = extra 400 acres per hit late age. however problem is pumping those sages :P

Thread Information