Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Libraries

Post Demon
    FA/Mystic isn't particularly bad. I don't get why FA/Sage is rated so highly... it's good, but it's not overwhelming better than Rogue, and not like the Sage's science is a necessity to crack ordinary attackers or increase damage output. Reducing the time spent wizard pumping, land devoted to towers, and number of times you have to put up MS, seems like a pretty good deal.

Anyway how did this become about Faeries anyway? Libs for t/m are a no-brainer, given the lack of buildings they would use in their place, assuming the province has science that is worth boosting.

it did get a little off topic, but its good to raise awareness anyways. and as a sage, my wpa is almost always just as high as the mystics and my tpa is just about always higher than the rogues. on top of that, my BE is higher, more pop, better dpa, etc... im warring a kd right now with 3 faery/rogue and a faery mystic, and my tpa is higher than the rogues and my wpa is the same as the mystics.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by marve View Post
    id let you argue that, because merchant is the universal personality that can go with anything, but i still would never play faery/merch nor would i ask someone else to. so i wont argue with you, but it really shouldnt be played. sage long term will still be better.

yeah, and i'll argue that you have no skill if you rely on the (noob personality) I could argue that too bro

Can't compare anecdotal evidence. I'm willing to bet I'm better stacked in wpa/tpa than the other 5 faeries in my kingdom as a rogue and I get +1 stealth.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    Can't compare anecdotal evidence. I'm willing to bet I'm better stacked in wpa/tpa than the other 5 faeries in my kingdom as a rogue and I get +1 stealth.

I'll bump that +1 these sciences dweebs think the sci bonus is better than the raw double that is added to the raw 50% racial bonus and you double the buildings witht he 50% base, add in the sci (and typically i am running active even in war and its not hard to pump +80% theivery, im already at +50% this early in the age ;D) and how can you compare wizzie pumping of a sage to a mystic? (I get pure double bonsues, and they get what a 20% sci bonus? what is to compare??)

your overall? so, what you wanna be an a/t/m hybrid? you weaken you own specialties for other areas of "overall"

and i am not stating this to attack you either unicorn, but they wanna talk this crap xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    I'll bump that +1 these sciences dweebs think the sci bonus is better than the raw double that is added to the raw 50% racial bonus and you double the buildings witht he 50% base, add in the sci (and typically i am running active even in war and its not hard to pump +80% theivery, im already at +50% this early in the age ;D) and how can you compare wizzie pumping of a sage to a mystic? (I get pure double bonsues, and they get what a 20% sci bonus? what is to compare??)

your overall? so, what you wanna be an a/t/m hybrid? you weaken you own specialties for other areas of "overall"

and i am not stating this to attack you either unicorn, but they wanna talk this crap xD
    the reason we think that is because it is. im willing to bet your final stats last age werent near mine lol. im also willing to be that my stats so far this age are also superior to yours. scie > mystic/rogue. and does a noob calling a personality noob make that personality not noob? i find it funny that any faery/mystic would call a faery/sage a noob. pm me locs, we can have some fun after im out of the current war im in :)
    What does 1337 mean?

Veteran
    your still missing the point of this thread, I asked a simple question, anyways. Back to that unless this egotistical, arrogant (dare I go further with my words?) wishes to be so blatant and insult me some more as I am curious

how to calculate overall (BPA) Do I just do a basic elementary take total number of (books) invested or pre-calculated (BPA) apply them together and divide them out to find an average? or is there another way of doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    your still missing the point of this thread, I asked a simple question, anyways. Back to that unless this egotistical, arrogant (dare I go further with my words?) wishes to be so blatant and insult me some more as I am curious

how to calculate overall (BPA) Do I just do a basic elementary take total number of (books) invested or pre-calculated (BPA) apply them together and divide them out to find an average? or is there another way of doing this?
    total number of learned books divided by your acres. and call me what you want, im right nonetheless.
    What does 1337 mean?

Veteran
    total number of learned books divided by your acres. and call me what you want, im right nonetheless.
    so then that is like hang on! cause im curious

Veteran
    so thats 61540 + 62118 + 92218 + 41413 + 79121 + 104862 / (acres? which is 1181) sooo?\\

I got an answer of 373.6427 <--- so if I added libraries would it help % overall or would it just be waste?

id say thats a bit low to be adding libs. i usually add around 500bpa as i said before... or around 500k overall. im 1194 acres and i have a little over 1 million books. do you see how being sage makes a difference though?
    What does 1337 mean?

Veteran
    id say thats a bit low to be adding libs. i usually add around 500bpa as i said before... or around 500k overall. im 1194 acres and i have a little over 1 million books. do you see how being sage makes a difference though?

the only difference is you get added science from acres and 20% effects (and what learn protection?) still does not tempt me with the raw racial/personality bonsues

sage trumps mystic in every way except early in the age.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I don't bother with libs until at least 2k bpa.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    sage trumps mystic in every way except early in the age.
    thank you. i even tried politely pming him trying to help him understand the difference and he was just snide.
    What does 1337 mean?

Thread Information