Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-War Strat

Regular

Pre-War Strat

When you have a target to which KD to wave who would you use to wave 1st..

Attackers? Why?
    T/M's? Why?

Lets say 3/4 of their Kingdom are Attackers...
    What should be the best attack type to do and Why?

and also i would like to ask about dragon..

If we started the dragon during Unfriendly Relation and We finished funding it in Hostile Relation..would the dragon's HP will be at 75% or 50%?

Please share your experience ;)

Thanx
    Last edited by k3n0x; 17-03-2012 at 20:47.

the dragon's hp is set to the amount of w/e relation you're in when you actually launch it

pre war attacks are more of a declaration of intent than anything so don't stess too much just do some damage where you think it'll hurt
    Reptar in Paris - Ball So Hard Babies Try to Find Me
    Summer 2013

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tightpants View Post
    the dragon's hp is set to the amount of w/e relation you're in when you actually launch it

pre war attacks are more of a declaration of intent than anything so don't stess too much just do some damage where you think it'll hurt
    it really depends on if the kingdom has UB T/M and/or larger attackers of if the NW spread is evenly spread

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    it really depends on if the kingdom has UB T/M and/or larger attackers of if the NW spread is evenly spread
    what's UB? hehehe

@topic
    anyone can share more?

Post Demon
    there is no best pre-war strat set in stone. but its worth discussing sure so worth making the thread.

people will argue otherwise, but i've shifted opinions this age and decided that massacres are completely useless. unless you can actually lower the T/Ms wizards enough to make him fail on you, it wont get you anywhere. And i find that difficult considering the faeries are usually stacked with mod wpa and theirs usually more than one of them.

i stick to TM's pre-war nowadays, and plunders of course! and if ur looking to incite a war..... sometimes a learn wave can be the thing that pisses people off more than anything else and get them to declare

Post Demon
    as already mentioned it is more a decleration of intend, starting a dragon project for show in the paper is a good thing aswell.

I'm certain that for non top kd's it is esstential to hold back a littel, say if your kingdom is twice as active as mine I'll be backing of as soon as I realice.
    I've seen quite a few wars who newer was because one side decided to disabel the opponents entire t/m force or chained the top attackers in hostile,
    and when it is clear that the war is lost before pressing the button fewer people will chose to war (althougth sometimes you get surprised).

On a personal level speaking as an attacker, when it becomes oblious that both sides are interested in a war, and that decleration is a matter of a day or two if not counted in hours,
    use your spare soldiers and gold if any to increase tpa, getting even just a few hundred thieves above what the opponents expect to face is a good way of defending yourself,
    and the opponents t/m's don't like it and might turn towards easier targets which is good since the most vunerable are usually not the core players, and makeing t/m's bounce is generally a good thing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    there is no best pre-war strat set in stone. but its worth discussing sure so worth making the thread.

people will argue otherwise, but i've shifted opinions this age and decided that massacres are completely useless. unless you can actually lower the T/Ms wizards enough to make him fail on you, it wont get you anywhere. And i find that difficult considering the faeries are usually stacked with mod wpa and theirs usually more than one of them.

i stick to TM's pre-war nowadays, and plunders of course! and if ur looking to incite a war..... sometimes a learn wave can be the thing that pisses people off more than anything else and get them to declare
    i would argue that going for attackers with raze/massacre would be useful potentially if they respond fast enough for mages to hit them more with tornados/fireballs

Bounces will do more damage than massacres
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    Inflict as much global economic damage as you can with normal-relations ops. Since the most damaging ops in this situation give you rewards as well, it's doubly effective and gives you the most benefit if the target doesn't want war.
    Massacre oow isn't only exceedingly weak, it's totally unprofitable and just aggravates people who don't want war. I laugh when I see kingdoms use that strategy pre-war.

As to who to attack... attackers with armies in, especially undead and orc, are definitely prime targets if they can be broken, as there are fewer opportunities to eliminate an enemy's elites once war begins. t/ms often carry lots of gold and science, so they make good plunder/learn targets. Land-grabbing a t/m doesn't hurt, and people who fear hitting a t/m because it'll boost their tpa/wpa are bloody nubs and shouldn't be in charge of war strategy. Finally, attacking their largest provinces is helpful for obvious reasons.
    Basically, maxgain traditional marches is the best thing to do 90% of the time. Plunder and Learn are the only other attacks which make sense, and it's mostly a matter of which one gives the most profit and which best fits your needs (keeping in mind that learn and plunder are a little faster and don't provide as much gangbang protection). Don't worry about becoming landfat unless you're already fat when wave starts, as in the short-term that does not matter.

Post Demon
    i would argue that going for attackers with raze/massacre would be useful potentially if they respond fast enough for mages to hit them more with tornados/fireballs
    ........ no.

raze < TM.

and u dont HAVE nados/fbs pre-war unless they already waved u first, in which case you should be declaring and starting your chains.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    ........ no.

raze < TM.

and u dont HAVE nados/fbs pre-war unless they already waved u first, in which case you should be declaring and starting your chains.

ahhhh, okay

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n0x View Post
    When you have a target to which KD to wave who would you use to wave 1st..

Attackers? Why?
    T/M's? Why?

Lets say 3/4 of their Kingdom are Attackers...
    What should be the best attack type to do and Why?

and also i would like to ask about dragon..

If we started the dragon during Unfriendly Relation and We finished funding it in Hostile Relation..would the dragon's HP will be at 75% or 50%?

Please share your experience ;)

Thanx
    You really need to specify exactly what you are trying to learn. You just opened up a very vague thread about starting a war and what strategies could come about. Top kingdom leaders like myself could talk for hours on such a broad subject....figure out exactly what you are trying to learn...then post.
    Last edited by Chuck; 18-03-2012 at 05:45.

Enthusiast

You assume that the opposing kd even gives you ops....if they watch their attacks carefully enough, they can stop you from having the ability to fireball them..

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n0x View Post
    what's UB? hehehe
    Unbreakable.

Enthusiast
    asking enemy king if they want war ? so few people in game have manners now. try it ! asking is cheap , easy and you will be surprised about effectivenes of being polite.

Thread Information