Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Simians Vs Sanctuary

Mind adding a CE every 12 hours anyone in the war? It'd be nice to see Simians at work!
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

lol realest, nice plan to piss off whole server :P
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Post Fiend
    allways find it funny to see people talk about top NW kd's are also the best war kd's. No offence last war vs sanc was fun, but no way they are stronger tactic wise.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cieva View Post
    allways find it funny to see people talk about top NW kd's are also the best war kd's. No offence last war vs sanc was fun, but no way they are stronger tactic wise.
    Where is the 'like' button now??

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cieva View Post
    You are correct in saying that. There is very little correlation between a land charting KD and their ability to war.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    You are correct in saying that. There is very little correlation between a land charting KD and their ability to war.
    not always that way in the past though - its cause of how condensed the game has become, back when it was a lot more competative you had to be able to war to win a crown, as there were too many people willing to trim your acres if you couldnt
    The Elf Mystic
    Flaming stupid people since 1999

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by skraz View Post
    not always that way in the past though - its cause of how condensed the game has become, back when it was a lot more competative you had to be able to war to win a crown, as there were too many people willing to trim your acres if you couldnt
    Yeah... when was the last time it mattered though? Seems like the kd warring ability quality decline really started getting more noticeable in the mid 30s.

Feels that it will take more and more warring skills from now on, considering there is no FWs. Once we remove notice deals, it will be faster and people will put less time into dicing/pumping sci..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    I disagree, I just think occassionally the warring kingdom catches a struggling whoring kd with a whoring setup and thinks that their race/pers setup at the start of the age which is condusive to winning is a reflection on how they war. Its all math, whoring and warring and generally the kingdoms that go for crowns are the strongest in math.

1) Abs KD does not have to be as good at warring to win a crown as a non abs kd due to having naps with about 2/3 KD's who go for top 10 land/nw. Rage is decent enough, sanct in the past has been ok but never a great warring KD. Fury has proven to be utter garbage. But if you war them odds are they will have a bank and every advantage imaginable so its going to be hard to win...

2) Try warring the couple land/nw non abs kds in past and they were generally quite good. There is a few who were generally just farmed for land a lot of the time but whored ever age anyway and would finish generally in 10-20 (finishing that high then is like top 3 now...)
    My life is better then yours.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I disagree, I just think occassionally the warring kingdom catches a struggling whoring kd with a whoring setup and thinks that their race/pers setup at the start of the age which is condusive to winning is a reflection on how they war. Its all math, whoring and warring and generally the kingdoms that go for crowns are the strongest in math.
    unlike warring, whoring is a lot more about diplomacy than math IMO. It comes to math when you gotta prepare for a specific kingdom. I think crowning kds are a lot more capable of adapting than warring ones. I ofc put activity aside here
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    1) Abs KD does not have to be as good at warring to win a crown as a non abs kd due to having naps with about 2/3 KD's who go for top 10 land/nw. Rage is decent enough, sanct in the past has been ok but never a great warring KD. Fury has proven to be utter garbage. But if you war them odds are they will have a bank and every advantage imaginable so its going to be hard to win...

2) Try warring the couple land/nw non abs kds in past and they were generally quite good. There is a few who were generally just farmed for land a lot of the time but whored ever age anyway and would finish generally in 10-20 (finishing that high then is like top 3 now...)
    utter garbage? have you been even watching the last 2 ages since the fury council was changed??
    The Elf Mystic
    Flaming stupid people since 1999

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidAngel View Post
    Feels that it will take more and more warring skills from now on, considering there is no FWs. Once we remove notice deals, it will be faster and people will put less time into dicing/pumping sci..
    A lot of changes have contributed to the current situation where pumping and dicing is the norm.

One of them is the science change. Used to be if you did a 1-week science pump twice an age, you were pretty set on science. You could get a bit more benefit by pumping more, but not that much. Now the kingdom that pumps science all age will be unbeatable by eoa.

Used to be as your draft rate went up, your ME fell. This penalized overdrafting. Now the kingdom that drafts to 90% will destroy the kingdom that only drafts to 70%.

Used to be there were more kingdoms. You couldn't possibly cf them all, so a long long pump wasn't an option. No single alliance ever controlled more than 40% of the top. Now by late age you'll usually have just a couple kingdoms in range of you. You either fight them or you cf them.

Used to be you could attack three times a day, and cause serious damage to your opponents in war. The 10% pool gains was countered by razing that sent acres back into the pool. 6-7 waves in a min-time war was the norm. With a significant activity/strategy edge you could gain a lot in a min-time war.

In the current game setup there are two reasons to war: for fun, or to slow down your opponents (letting your allies pump and dice). Most top kingdoms who war do so for both of these reasons.

I'm not pining for ages past, but these rules changes concretely affected the balance of the game. Many of them were designed to make it more beginner-friendly, but I feel they did just the opposite. Reversing these changes isn't the answer, since the game has changed in other ways too now. But there are definitely changes that are possible that can make warring a better option. (Doubling explore costs is not one of them. Nor is completely removing pool acres in war, nor making diced acres come from the pool.)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by skraz View Post
    utter garbage? have you been even watching the last 2 ages since the fury council was changed??
    Agreed... New fury hasn't proven themselves yet but with the leadership change they have good things in store i'd say :)

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post

The amount of people (including leaders of the best kingdoms people think there are) I've spoken to in this game that even know the formulas behind the most basic ops and fundamentals of the game I can count on one hand.

You can see the race/pers choices of the top 10 to pretty much prove that.

To think that people like ASF or dorje can't pick a race/pers setup that can win any war but give them little to no shot at crowning is simply what the war kingdoms say to feel better about themselves. I've warred both many times, no one outside the top 10 is able to out strategize them, lets just get that out there.

Thread Information