Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage of Absalom: Dealbreakers

Rage of Absalom: Dealbreakers

So basically anytime you want to make a deal with Rage of Absalom, don't. Our deal specifically stated that they can't give notice during hostile/war and we were served notice from them in war because Proteus is too chicken to fight BIO. The entire purpose of a clause that states no notice from hostile/war is because it gives the person in hostile/war a very strong tactical advantage in that the relations are up in the air and it gives them the element of being able to come out from 12-96 hrs. It also protects kingdoms from being vultured or unexpectedly being hit as they are pumped to fight the other kingdom.

So, Rage. Before you cry again for being double-teamed for the 3rd consecutive round, realize that no one in utopia trusts you anymore and that's why it continues to happen. You make the rules up as you go along just as you deemed our hostile with Fury to not be a hostile because there were only 7 hits and waved us while we still had troops out against your allied kingdom. To that, suppose I have 15 kingdoms hit you with 7 hits.. none of them were hostile, right?

The minute kingdoms stop honoring their deals, deals cease to exist anymore. You are seriously crossing a line that just doesn't happen in utopia.
    Last edited by DHaran; 20-03-2012 at 18:52.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Forum Fanatic
    My last post before I go on my break from utopia as I've just accepting an Ibanking offer :) Want to wish everyone still playing good luck and to not lose sight of the true reasons for which you play this game (the utopia community, friendship, camaraderie).

February 2 of YR5 B I O (xx:xx) has withdrawn from war. Our people rejoice at our victory!

Key words here are "withdrawn from war" hence we are no longer in war as of Feb 2nd. Your notice clause says nothing about EOW CF. "End of War Ceasefire" Key words here are "END OF WAR." This means the war is over.

Over the past years I have made deals with many kingdoms/monarchs that had a clause such as "no notice in hostile, war, and eow cf." The key was specificity.

Your deal has no such clause in it.

Also we are the ones who just ended conflict not you guys, so surely we are the ones who can be "vultured".
    Last edited by DHaran; 19-03-2012 at 14:24.

Regular

Thumbs up

from what i can see, proteus is a person with a leader characteristic.
    Look at the bright side at least he gave u notice. imagine he doesnt give you a sh*t and just wave your little kd, i bet you'll start whining more. i mean no offense, just my 2 cents. yes my 2 cents.

wheres kuhan. i wanna read his opinion on this :D

Enthusiast
    oh no a loophole :o

The key to making deals is being specific. I am curious how Proteus would have reacted had he been given notice though, and not the other way around.

EDIT: That being said, finding loopholes in bad deals is part of the job, so I don't fault Proteus for it on this occasion. Make clear deals or bad things happen.
    Last edited by DHaran; 19-03-2012 at 14:30.
    S E C R E T S

Not giving notice doing postwar CF period is something you do not do, it's part of utopian ethics code, and has been for quite a while. I am waiting for ASF to get online to correct mistakes of his leadership, once again.

>Over the past years I have made deals with many kingdoms/monarchs that had a clause such as "no notice in hostile, war, and eow cf." The key was specificity.

I had arranged CFs with rage, before you were there. There was no such clause.

GL in RL Proteus.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Regular
    Yeah... Generally trust lasts more than acres, gc, runes, or rankings.

warning should always be given. Because the only reason it shouldn't be given if the player not giving warning needs that advantage. And if the slight advantage warning is not given gives... it isn't worth starting a war in the first place.

1. if not giving warning is a serious part of the plan... then it is a fail plan.
    2. giving warning wont help if 2x bigger than enemy :)
    3. not giving warning when 2x bigger than enemy....... well why not give warning to someone half your size... and if u were attacked by someone 2x bigger than a warning wouldnt help much at all..

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidAngel View Post
    Not giving notice doing postwar CF period is something you do not do, it's part of utopian ethics code, and has been for quite a while. I am waiting for ASF to get online to correct mistakes of his leadership, once again.

>Over the past years I have made deals with many kingdoms/monarchs that had a clause such as "no notice in hostile, war, and eow cf." The key was specificity.

I had arranged CFs with rage, before you were there. There was no such clause.

GL in RL Proteus.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    So, Rage. Before you cry again for being double-teamed for the 3rd consecutive round, realize that no one in utopia trusts you anymore and that's why it continues to happen.
    And this.

That's all you need to know. After waving us while our troops were out on Fury, you have a lot of nerve even mentioning camaraderie.

Post Fiend
    You complain that u get served notice when rage is in end of war cf. Is it that you feel you dont get enough time to prepare for for rage with the end of war cf rage stays in and the 4 days fort u will be in ? Its not like u are in war and get served in end of war cf there as that would maybe be something to complain about.
    I realy thought one kd hitting another without any hits back is a wave and not a hostile. At last it was in the past. Have had this done to kds I have played in many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklove View Post
    You complain that u get served notice when rage is in end of war cf. Is it that you feel you dont get enough time to prepare for for rage with the end of war cf rage stays in and the 4 days fort u will be in ? Its not like u are in war and get served in end of war cf there as that would maybe be something to complain about.
    I realy thought one kd hitting another without any hits back is a wave and not a hostile. At last it was in the past. Have had this done to kds I have played in many times.
    Then why did you (Rage) hit us 10 hours after we hit Fury??
    Also, if you read the first post again, you'll know why giving notice from within an EOW CF is lame.

<~AquaSeaFoam> why would anyone request no notice in war if they didn't mean for it to include 'post war" [00:17] <~AquaSeaFoam> if you can explaint hat one, i'll buy it
    <~AquaSeaFoam> This kingdom is currently at war with BiO vs HoH (xx:xx) [00:17] <~AquaSeaFoam> it doesn't say post war [00:18] <~AquaSeaFoam> it says war

Your notice is not valid, period.
    Last edited by DHaran; 19-03-2012 at 15:37.

Enthusiast
    but but but it wasnt part of the clause

I'm not complaining about anything. I'm just informing Rage that I don't want them to cry when they get double teamed for deal breaking and that I'll never make a deal with your kingdom ever again. I urge others to follow suit.

As far as your definition of a hostile: in that case let me organize 15 kingdoms to hit you. You didn't hit back anything yet so you're not in hostile. We ALL know what hostile means. When you make an organized strike into a kingdom, you are in hostile and expect other kingdoms to stay out. I don't care what they do in response.

Quote Originally Posted by prot View Post
    <~AquaSeaFoam> why would anyone request no notice in war if they didn't mean for it to include 'post war" [00:17] <~AquaSeaFoam> if you can explaint hat one, i'll buy it
    <~AquaSeaFoam> This kingdom is currently at war with BiO vs HoH (xx:xx) [00:17] <~AquaSeaFoam> it doesn't say post war [00:18] <~AquaSeaFoam> it says war

Your notice is not valid, period.
    Dagger.
    S E C R E T S

Postaholic
    "This kingdom is currently at war with B I O (x:xx)"

???

But apparently that's not how it works... someone please explain because I'm so confused now.

Regular
    be like the ghetto cats, no silly deals. All these top 10 whiner KD's.

Thread Information