Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage of Absalom: Dealbreakers

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    Has not BiO claimed Rage? Thus this notice is still not legit. Should just be dissmissed as non legit and BiO vs Rage should continue. If Rage would so much as touch Insolence they would get raped by two KDs or more. So whats the problem here??

EDIT: If BiO cfed Rage i think the notice is legit.
    You're absolutely correct, rage is running away. No surprise when their options were to give free wave or get farmed round 2.

Sir Postalot
    The entire concept of EoW not being included in war was from one incident between CGG and HoH many years back, and most everyone disagreed with CGG. Proteus is wrong here.

However, with EoW lasting up to 96h, Rage did have the chance to drop out of war after 12 hours, notice insolence, and fight insolence before their 96 hours of forced ceasefire with BIO ended.

That would have been legit and what Rage wanted to accomplish.

I dont need to write an essay here.

It's simple, Proteus is a big <removed>.

And, quitting midround unless it is an emergency is even worse than being a <removed> imo. Didnt think top players did this.
    Last edited by DHaran; 19-03-2012 at 18:28.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaNub View Post
    It's cool that you guys quoted ASF, but what was the context? Can we has a link to the thread in question? I'd like to see what the situation was then. This feels like a pot calling kettle black situation if ever there was one.
    The context was in the exact same situation that occurred between ZZ and HoH a few ages back, i.e. the first instance where one kingdom tried to give notice to someone in EoW protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
    You're absolutely correct, rage is running away. No surprise when their options were to give free wave or get farmed round 2.
    So can you finish Rage with some style and have Insolence back off. Its BiOs conflict. Inso should not ride on a free wave and generate free acres.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

I thought rage gave inso notice?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    However, with EoW lasting up to 96h, Rage did have the chance to drop out of war after 12 hours, notice insolence, and fight insolence before their 96 hours of forced ceasefire with BIO ended.

That would have been legit and what Rage wanted to accomplish.
    flogger, that's assuming BIO doesn't drop out at same time and wave them. They're in a bit of a bind: either get waved with elites home (we know how well that went), or give button to avians who get 2 war waves before their army is home.

I believe BIO offered them a CF for 1 free wave and they declined, and now they're trying to circumvent the beating somehow.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I can see these threads getting out of hand now, so I'll give everyone a general warning/advice to keep the discussion civil...

How is this in any way getting out of hand?

People talking about diplomacy and ingame actions in a rather good way so far.
    Palem relax
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I didn't articulate that very...

There's a lot of flamebait sitting around. I appreciate civil discussions and derailing this into a massive flame thread will not be good for the posters.

Don't fall for palms flamebait troll king. Stand strong and know we are behind you.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    flogger, that's assuming BIO doesn't drop out at same time and wave them. They're in a bit of a bind: either get waved with elites home (we know how well that went), or give button to avians who get 2 war waves before their army is home.

I believe BIO offered them a CF for 1 free wave and they declined, and now they're trying to circumvent the beating somehow.
    Last age both kingdoms could drop out after 24h and still be unable to hit eachother for the full 96 hours.

The game is coded such that the relations between your two kingdoms are a ceasefire for a full 96 hours. The only way to get around this would be if two kingdoms came out, and one went to fake war, then the kingdom in the war could hit the other, whereas the kingdom out of war still could not retaliate. That bug was around a few ages and never really used.
    Last edited by flogger; 19-03-2012 at 19:40.

What is going on here? There is no breach of an essential term AFAIK.
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

Enthusiast
    Abs double talk is nothing surprising. They've played games like this for years. You have to explicitly spell out every little detail in CF negotations with them, or they'll bend rules.

It's clear that rage is scared of BiO to the point that they'd risk tied up in antoher hostile which will slow growth down, just to avoid the bird kd. I hope inzzo can give 'em hell. If not I can almost guarantee someone will be waiting for them after their hostile wiht inzzo concludes.

Very very risky/ballsy move by rage. Wonder how it will play out.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by sexual harassment panda View Post
    Very very risky/ballsy move by rage. Wonder how it will play out.
    Last age Sanctuary was set to win the age and then noticed two kingdoms at once and ended up 138k behind. At no point has running from one kingdom ever really worked, yet kingdoms still do it. Its always better to just ceasefire and close relations.

Closing relations is probably the weakest part of Proteus's game, however.

Thread Information