Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage of Absalom: Dealbreakers

Enthusiast
    Closing relations is probably the weakest part of Proteus's game, however.
    from the forum posts and all the drunken irc rantings i would have never guessed :P

Post Fiend
    It seems to me that the example in question (having to do with BiO and HoH?) was that someone wanted to serve notice into an eowcf. What's wrong with serving notice out of one? The whole point of those kinds of clauses was to protect kd's from being vultured coming out of a conflict. If a kd wants to enter into a new conflict after finishing another one, and they don't mind having less time to prep, what's the problem exactly?

Just looks to me like people trying to sling mud on Proteus and abs by misapplying an old quote.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Last age Sanctuary was set to win the age and then noticed two kingdoms at once and ended up 138k behind. At no point has running from one kingdom ever really worked, yet kingdoms still do it. Its always better to just ceasefire and close relations.

Closing relations is probably the weakest part of Proteus's game, however.

BiO and Rage don't have open relations do they? They had a hostile and then a war and then BiO withdrew. Doesn't withdrawing end a hostile/war?

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by UtopiaNub View Post
    It seems to me that the example in question (having to do with BiO and HoH?) was that someone wanted to serve notice into an eowcf. What's wrong with serving notice out of one? The whole point of those kinds of clauses was to protect kd's from being vultured coming out of a conflict. If a kd wants to enter into a new conflict after finishing another one, and they don't mind having less time to prep, what's the problem exactly?

Just looks to me like people trying to sling mud on Proteus and abs by misapplying an old quote.
    KD #1 is in war and gives 48h notice right at the end of the war. They can then come out at any time from hour 48 and 96 and hit the kingdom they noticed, while the kd they noticed cannot hit them first through their EoW protection.

A simple solution to do this is as I said, Rage comes OOW and they they have all the right in the world to give notice.

well yeah...unless you use the special top 10 KD bookmark that lets you say, this kingdom is mine so stop it!

Sir Postalot
    BiO and Rage don't have open relations do they? They had a hostile and then a war and then BiO withdrew. Doesn't withdrawing end a hostile/war?
    In this sense I was referring to relations being bad blood, or getting a ceasefire from the kingdom you just warred.

Post Demon
    Its funny how for 2 days straight UtopiaNub has been making dumb posts and then gets proved wrong by anyone and everyone. But here it continues...

if you dont have "notice cannot be given during EoW cf / war / hostile period" then you're stupid lol
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    KD #1 is in war and gives 48h notice right at the end of the war. They can then come out at any time from hour 48 and 96 and hit the kingdom they noticed, while the kd they noticed cannot hit them first through their EoW protection.

A simple solution to do this is as I said, Rage comes OOW and they they have all the right in the world to give notice.
    If Rage comes oow any time within the 48 hours, seems like no harm or foul to inzz right?

Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    Its funny how for 2 days straight UtopiaNub has been making dumb posts and then gets proved wrong by anyone and everyone. But here it continues...
    I've seen lots of insults, but no "proved wrong" anywhere. Opinions aren't facts, although many who have opinions wish it were different.

And I didn't pick my username for no reason. Unlike many on these forums, I don't claim to know everything. I frequently ask questions when I don't understand something. I often use qualifying statements such as "as I understand it" and such.
    Last edited by Drixx; 19-03-2012 at 20:53.

Veteran
    Rage can do whatever they want within their inzo agreement, except come back later and cry about a situation they knew was coming well in advance of their notice. If they want to take on multiple kds its a valid choice just not one that's conducive to winning as flogger pointed out.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
    Rage can do whatever they want within their inzo agreement, except come back later and cry about a situation they knew was coming well in advance of their notice. If they want to take on multiple kds its a valid choice just not one that's conducive to winning as flogger pointed out.
    So BiO's contention is that they can "call dibs" on a kd and that kd is not allowed to fight someone else and if that kd fights someone else, BiO will interfere? Interesting. Of course, after what happened 2 eoa's back, it should be no surprise that BiO isn't interested in playing 1v1, but only in taking advantage and 2v1 when they can. How silly of me to assume that BiO would behave honorably.

You had your war. You withdrew. That closed the book on that hostile situation. If Rage opens up a new hostile situation with someone else, you interfering would be against the generally agreed upon conventions of the game. Sure, there's nothing stopping you from 2v1 someone. But you claim the moral high ground while taking the moral low road. Hypocrisy doesn't really suit you Meeni.

.....You had your war. You withdrew. That closed the book on that hostile situation.....
    Once war ends all hostilities go back to 0 otherwise you'd be stuck in an age long hostile with the 1st kingdom you war. BIO has no right to 'tag' a kingdom lol. They warred and their war ended therefore relations get reset.

No-one has a god given right to call targets lol

I could agree with BIO IF it was Rage that did the last wave and ran with the acres by WDing but they didnt and BIO did - if anything it should be Rage that's cross/frustrated that BIO ran by WDing.

P.S. I don't really give a toot about these 2 ghettos just that once again everyone else is giving their 2 cents and blowing the situation of the water.
    Last edited by fuzzy|; 19-03-2012 at 21:10.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy| View Post
    Once war ends all hostilities go back to 0 otherwise you'd be stuck in an age long hostile with the 1st kingdom you war. BIO has no right to 'tag' a kingdom lol. They warred and their war ended therefore relations get reset.

No-one has a god given right to call targets lol
    Well, if Rage had withdrawn, maybe I could see BiO saying that it wasn't their will to end the conflict. But it's BiO who withdrew, so it obviously WAS their will to end the conflict. That's why it's ridiculous for them to threaten to 2v1 Rage if Rage goes off to fight someone else. BiO fought Rage and did well and won some acres. They proved their point. They should move on. It's pretty childish to threaten to 2v1 Rage, again, for no real reason. As far as I know, abs didn't retaliate for the previous 2v1 ... which BiO should feel lucky about. I don't think a second time would go unretaliated. Abs has always struck me as very patient... to a point.

This would normally be true other than the fact that they aren't allowed to serve notice while in hostile/war, so the minute they hit us, they are deal breaking and subject to the wrath of utopia -- whatever that means is TBD.
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

yeah sorry I was agreeing with you lol

Thread Information