Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon slaying: NW value

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You could also argue that if you run more defspecs for the dragon and you get hit, you lose your dragon material, which doesn't happen with offspecs.

...not that I'm arguing that, but you could lol

Post Demon
    depends on whether that defense is going to be useful enough, or the offense would be more beneficial in the opening hits of war.

at any rate, if you did have off spec, they would be preferable dragon fodder.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You could also argue that if you run more defspecs for the dragon and you get hit, you lose your dragon material, which doesn't happen with offspecs.
    ...not that I'm arguing that, but you could lol
    true very valid point, If u get hit. However when was the last time 20+ attackers got in in a wave? In contrats all attackers would want to attack with the off specs and then u wont be killing a dragon within 2-3 ticks of receiving it as your dragon fodder specs are all in use.

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    depends on whether that defense is going to be useful enough, or the offense would be more beneficial in the opening hits of war.

at any rate, if you did have off spec, they would be preferable dragon fodder.
    Meh, if i really needed offence in the kd i'd just have a few attackers go all leets with no planned dragon damage. But thats just me. To that ends i'd even say if I had off specs its i'd still prefer def specs preferable dragon fodder (in a general not case specific example) as the typical prov runs a higher OME than DME so the net damage military values ends up being less.

I agree with you that you should train dspecs specifically for slaying, but if you have ospecs and dspecs sitting at home, send the ospecs. Dspecs are more essential to your defense than ospecs are to your offense (hence why you should have extra dspecs than ospecs for slaying in the first place).

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    true very valid point, If u get hit. However when was the last time 20+ attackers got in in a wave? In contrats all attackers would want to attack with the off specs and then u wont be killing a dragon within 2-3 ticks of receiving it as your dragon fodder specs are all in use.
    There's no rule that says attackers must use all their offspecs. If you trained them for dragon killing then save them for dragon killing. Sending them is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    There's no rule that says attackers must use all their offspecs. If you trained them for dragon killing then save them for dragon killing. Sending them is just stupid.
    If you're not going to send them, why not just use D-specs then? At least when they are sitting at home you get extra defense! The NW difference isn't a big deal anyway

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Because maybe you're an orc with like 30 dpa that's more than likely going to eat attacks?

Thread Information