Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon slaying: NW value

Dragon slaying: NW value

with defence specs being worth more in NW value than off specs, how does everyone plan their training for dragon slaying.....train some off specs for the lower decrease in NW after sending at dragon or train defence specs as having off specs doing nothing till dragon arrives is a waste?

discuss
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Why do you want a lower decrease in NW?

Post Demon
    why wouldnt you?

Post Demon
    Offspec if you have them are the better dragon fodder, but of course they have to be home to send them.
    It's more situational though, and based on whether you're going to be a landgrab target soon, and whether you need offense, and of course releasing dspec during a chain is a necessity. NW has almost no bearing on the decision.

we have six faery in our kd, each of them carry 3.5k specs for the drag. drags die quickly.
    What does 1337 mean?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    Offspec if you have them are the better dragon fodder, but of course they have to be home to send them.
    It's more situational though, and based on whether you're going to be a landgrab target soon, and whether you need offense, and of course releasing dspec during a chain is a necessity. NW has almost no bearing on the decision.

it also depends on how many mages you're running and if they are running all leets or d-specs or a combination ;D

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by marve View Post
    we have six faery in our kd, each of them carry 3.5k specs for the drag. drags die quickly.
    We have 14 ;p

pm locs so i can see this kd of yours? lol. i feel six is one too many, i can only imagine more than twice as many haha. locs i say!
    What does 1337 mean?

Forum Addict
    "Faery Circle"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by marve View Post
    pm locs so i can see this kd of yours? lol. i feel six is one too many, i can only imagine more than twice as many haha. locs i say!
    '
    I think asking for private information about public places on public forums even if in private msg should be bannable ;o, because its implying on these ;D

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    it also depends on how many mages you're running and if they are running all leets or d-specs or a combination ;D
    Yeah, that is one of the situations to consider. Still, in almost every case, an attacker does not want to release too much defense if they can help it, and offspec are expendable in the long run.

Strategy Moderator
    Yeah, that is one of the situations to consider. Still, in almost every case, an attacker does not want to release too much defense if they can help it, and offspec are expendable in the long run.
    what kind of a non undead attacker runs off specs?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    what kind of a non undead attacker runs off specs?
    Anyone who isn't Human can make offspecs less bad than space-efficiency would indicate. Having 0.5-1 ospec per acre for the initial dragon isn't a heavy burden, and during war putting training credits towards offense makes some sense if you're not going to be attacked any time soon.

Veteran
    Anyone who isn't Human can make offspecs less bad than space-efficiency would indicate. Having 0.5-1 ospec per acre for the initial dragon isn't a heavy burden, and during war putting training credits towards offense makes some sense if you're not going to be attacked any time soon.

there is also the determinate of how many faeries/mages are in your kingdom to absorb that kinD* (had king here, idk why lolz. simple errors XD) of defense and what type of strat they are running and if they can replenish fast enough for new dragon, and also if you factor in the fact of them being UB mage or better or even border line of breakable by attackers if they should grow out a bit in war to handle dragon or not, it just depends. Knowing the external variances and consequences are always a good way to handle the situation (assess) as well. Being aware is just as important of the war stats/status quo of your attackers is more important and a dragon and if you can send out the immediate aid they need etc

Strategy Moderator
    Well i understand the concept but very much disagree. I find it far more advantages to run extra 1 dspec if u are planning extra specs for a dragon. ie Y OPA & X dpa+1 dspec per acre. there are numerous benefits to that concept, off the top of my head:
    1. if no dragon=extra def
    2. No losses from attacking with dragon specs
    3. 100% available the instant a dragon enters your kd, you dont have to "wait" till your army gets home with specs to kill dragon.
    4. Your offense doesn't all of a sudden drop when a dragon hits and is killed (very important for unbreakable breaking)

There are more benefits but those are race/kd setup specific. And none of them waste military in hopes that u get a dragon like using off specs

Thread Information