Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pimp???

k3ltic script has a great intel site!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    One of my kingdom mates got hacked because he used the same login for Pimp as for Uto.

Best option is to make your own site or ask one of your kingdom mates to do so
    Very time consuming though.

Working on ours bit by bit each age, it took me about 2 years to come up with something that even remotely approaches the usefulness of the old Pimp for us (right now, it has some cool features that Pimp didn't have, but it also lacks some that Pimp had) and it will probably take me at least another 2 before everything that made the old Pimp a great tool for us is in there.

The main reason I started ours was:

1) I was monarch at the time and the stability problems with ST's Pimp was driving me up the walls. I knew I couldn't operate a KD with that tool.

Our tool wasn't much at the start (barebone intel reposity), but at least we had a place to store our intel in that didn't crash and lose our info every single war and that simple requirement made it infinitely better than the alternative (because you don't care how many features a repository has if it can't fulfill it's most basic promise of reliably storing your info and giving you good access to it).

But now, if you start such a barebone repository, it will probably be very mediocre compared to what it already out there (and I assume that some of it is stable at this point) so you might not be very motivated to start with an inferior tool and increment it until it even remotely compares with the other tools.

2) I was trying to learn how to create and deploy a web site from scratch with Python & one of it's web frameworks.

So yeah, if you got a mate that is learning web development and you really can't stand the available tools, you might consider that path, but you're better off using existing tools otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Pretty sure it was sloppy code
    The code couldn't have been THAT bad, because at least, it was stable.
    Last edited by Magn; 29-03-2012 at 08:13.

Thread Information