Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avians - How to deal with military losses...

Avians - How to deal with military losses...

I have 15% hospitals but it seems my army dies so fast and its hard to keep it up in top shape. We dont have horses, so all the offence is from leets. How do you not loose so much or keep up with it or have any kind of longevity in war?

Veteran
    You just come to terms that you don't really have that much longevity in war.... or you have a lot of money to burn.

Post Demon
    aid from kingdom mates; don't build too many barracks or be tactician, since you really do not need the attack time; be ready to train up replacements often; try to keep up normal draft+training as much as possible during war, and if you get the money to run aggressive and don't have a dragon on you, then that would probably be a good idea.

Avian's big liability is that it doesn't hold up as well for long wars without some work. It does help to be a Merchant or Cleric. Warrior is good once you're in war, but has nothing for outside of war. No other personality aside from theoretically Shepherd fits Avian bonuses.

Also bear in mind that while you lose more troops from hitting more often, your enemy suffers combat losses from your hits just as much, which makes Warrior a little more attractive in addition to making it slightly more expensive to chain you.

Thanks for the insight, (avian/merchant here) I give that a try.

I love avian tact +rax for OOW because you can usually hit someone and get your armies back long before they know what hit em. In wars, as you say, the more you attack the more offense you lose, but equally, the more troops you kill. I find 20% hosp does help a lot. In long wars, it does suck because by the end of the war your offence is shot to sh!t but you will always find targets. Since kingdoms like to chain avians first, you're going to be hit no matter what, so it's good knowing you can get 3-4 attacks in a day to keep from being chained to the ground.

Over train elites and use them as defense until you fill in with cheaper dspecs. Also, more hosps.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Lots of Training Grounds make you need fewer elites for the same amount of offence.

You reroll Cleric, because everything else with avian is stupid (yes, even merchant for you).
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Post Demon
    You win the war before losses becomes a problem.

15% hospitals and a high TPA to steal gold in war to retrain.
    The 4 Horsemen

*A cult worships their leader who is alive and well. A religion worships the same guy except he is dead.

Post Fiend
    Lots of TGs, 3:1 ratio of elites-dspecs. Hit as much as possible. Keep all elites out at all times if possible to avoid losses from meteor/overpop. Use spec credits to fill up dspecs and maybe ospecs as the war goes on.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Over train elites and use them as defense until you fill in with cheaper dspecs. Also, more hosps.

Was going to say precisely this.

does training offspecs in war makes more sense than training elites? I know specs are more cost effective for avian (yes, elites are more space effective), but if your draft rate drops overtime, isnt it better to be able to train more offspecs than fewer elites?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post

all hail kit.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by brickwolfman View Post
    15% hospitals and a high TPA to steal gold in war to retrain.

yep exactly, (hospitals help curb losses ;) )

go warrior plus 15% hospitals! The decreased losses and +10% OME is fun
    My life is better then yours.

Thread Information