Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avians - How to deal with military losses...

Veteran
    if your playing avian tact <-- your attack times by default are ungodly in war i think like 8 hr or 10 hr? (I am not sure the math cause im not attacker this age :P) but I know that otherwise 20% barracks most attackers run on default is better used in other places such as hospitals, banks, training grounds, guard stations and things like that <---

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by kit View Post
    does training offspecs in war makes more sense than training elites? I know specs are more cost effective for avian (yes, elites are more space effective), but if your draft rate drops overtime, isnt it better to be able to train more offspecs than fewer elites?
    I'd say it does make more sense to train ospecs than elites in war. Avian ospecs act as 6 point dspecs when you get ambushed, so that's a plus. The remaining gold is better that you save from training ospecs over elites is better used to aid your kingdom or to fund the dragon imo.

If your draft rate really drops that low, you could just ask a faery to draft some soldiers and send them to you. In the end you will end up with much higher offense than if you trained elites. That is assuming your draft rate dropped really low.
    Last edited by BlazingChicken; 23-03-2012 at 15:37.

Why would you ever enter war in a position where you need to train more offense?
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Demon
    avian/tactician uses hospitals, gs, tg's banks and homes.
    This way I'm able to keep elite numbers arround static when not a major t/m target in wars whit little or no help, and attack time is 7,62 hours.

Run avian cleric use racks and youl have 7-8hr atks in war 8-9 out and run10-15% hosp and youl even with fast atks be sustainable. Overtraining elites an using as def specs i would do to an extent but i wouldnt go nuts as u have access to 6 pt def specs that inflate ur nw alot less

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Over train elites and use them as defense until you fill in with cheaper dspecs. Also, more hosps.
    This ^ ^
    Nowhere Without Hope - Demise - Serenity - NeXuS - Seasons - Insolence

Post Demon
    what octo said basically. works with any personality.

avians are very much about adapting to circumstances. they have a pretty good turtling elite. during war it makes more sense to train elites than offspec if your specs are already used on defense, for most circumstances; the offense is fairly cheap, and having leets adds to defense as well. you'll still need to get aided eventually.

Enthusiast
    Run higher hospitals, it's cheaper to prevent troop loss than to fix it.... keep land coming in and peasantry growing so you have GC to keep training... And once war starts forget training elites try to pump out as many specs as possible... Also if you have dragon on your kingdom drop that draft rate to reservist Til it's slayed...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Why would you ever enter war in a position where you need to train more offense?
    No one would....but getting chained down to 10% of ones own size, and then hitting back up, I would have to choose between training offense or hitting up with conquests for most of the war as my elites slowly die off.

If you're chained, don't you release defense instead and then make hits on other people without defense?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    If you're chained, don't you release defense instead and then make hits on other people without defense?
    That is assuming that there are other people. What I'm saying is, after getting chained and you're growing back up, even if the only thing you kept was your offense, you would still have lost most of your elites. I'm not saying not to train defense, just that you might need more offense if you don't just plan to constantly trade acres with other chained provinces.

Enthusiast
    If you're chained always release def to dragon when your over popped... Better to be able to keep attacking...

You all know so much lol

Enthusiast
    The more you play the game the more trick you learn on your own and from other people:)

Isnt it better for avians to run merchants if ur the avg player?

I can understand Clerics being a better choice in war or if u attack alot but can u actually support ur prov on cleric when u need to build so many leets? I just thought its gonna take an awful long time to pump when ur cleric instead of merchant or am i wrong?

Thread Information