Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avians - How to deal with military losses...

Merchant is a good solid choice for the average player regardless of race (assuming we're talking about being an attacker). But if you're active enough, you just find nice juicy plunder targets to cover elite costs :)

Post Demon
    Avian elites aren't expensive... you don't need Merchant to pay for them.

However, it's what you do with money once you have a good number of reasonly cheap elites that makes Avian Merchant a good pick, in war and out.

Enthusiast
    You don't have to play merchant with avian! And as far as pumping elites after war you have a 96 hr protection period max! don't negate science half the age and you should fine pumping! Usually running 25% banks abd 25% guilds as soon as war ends is plenty enough to pump mass elites in that short period! Usually i go fortified the hr EoW cf ends and mass train all at once! just keep in mind it's faster to train your elites first! Then once you have 8-9 EPA train your specs! there's also other little tricks such as dropping your wages down to 50% for 1-2 ticks then raise em back up to 200% for a little extra GC!

Avian Cleric - run 25% hospitals

I know it sounds crazy but it ends up being -75% losses in combat and I love it.
    I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...

Enthusiast
    That's alot of used up space burgandy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Avian Cleric - run 25% hospitals

I know it sounds crazy but it ends up being -75% losses in combat and I love it.
    25% Hospitals is only -56.25% combat losses (due to DBE) @ 100% BE.

6.2% Hospitals (@ 100% BE) for Warrior or 11.3% Hospitals for anyone else nets -30% combat losses, countering the extra losses due to attack times.

Anything beyond 15% for Warrior or 20% for non-Warrior is a waste of land.
    Last edited by Twyla; 10-04-2012 at 23:51.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

.5 (losses for cleric) * .4375 (losses for 25% hosps) = .21875
    In other words, he will have 78% reduced losses.

Post Demon
    Clerics are a choice for avians, but not absolutely the best choice for all situations. They're quite resilient against being chained, but warrior can do more damage for most of the war and isn't too bad against the chain either with some hospitals. The extra OME also acts as a form of hospitals, by allowing you better offense with less troops. Neither are particularly good outside of war, but neither do they have problems getting an all-elite army.

The average player can pick any of the three (Merch, Warrior, Cleric), and do pretty well. Merch is as useful as the player's ability to manage money, which can be awesome or meh, while Cleric and Warrior are idiot-proof bonuses and remain after your economy is trashed or not as relevant.

Enthusiast
    Sage is an option as well...

Mystic too...

Post Fiend
    avian merchant is more versatile. money means a lot

Enthusiast
    Merchant is great! But it's not an absolute for avian! And if you learn to manage your province better money should never be an issue! Most merchants just get robbed to death! Plundered, or incest heavily in science and get learned alot!

Might want to proofread that post...

Lmao incest huh?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by TerricK View Post
    Merchant is great! But it's not an absolute for avian! And if you learn to manage your province better money should never be an issue! Most merchants just get robbed to death! Plundered, or invest heavily in science and get learned alot!
    In war, you can never have enough money, as long as you get online to spend it as any reasonable player should.

Out of war, as long as you don't keep ridiculous amounts of money you won't get robbed. I know top kingdoms often stockpile cash for their playing style, but in ghetto-land it is far less common... and in any case, Avians can keep good tpa, clear sight, and might have watchtowers, so their cash stockpiles are fairly well protected.

About the only thing bad about merchant is that aside from making more money, it does nothing for your province's space-efficiency, and doesn't reach the extremes that other personalities can with the right buildings and pumped-ness.

Thread Information