Thread: New news formatter to try- shows explore pool gains.

New news formatter to try- shows explore pool gains.

I made a new formatter for Utopia news. The main new thing about it is it gives you a calculation of the explore pool gains made by the opposing kd in wars. It also has an option to show uniques on both sides. See if you like it. http://bfreeformatter.webuda.com

I like the main page, especially the part about being able to see most of the text you post.

I think you should make the news color coded if possible as in http://www.home-world.org/utopia/formatter/

province news isn't working. It should say "thieves caught x12" instead of repeating the thief message over and over again.

Uniques aren't calculating properly. ex: Avianprov (11/22) [uniques = 1]

Thanks for the feedback - if you could use the Contact link and paste the news you are formatting or PM it to me I'll look into it. I'm using 8 hours for uniques right now, but what you posted seems out of whack. It's not really geared for prov news, but I'd be glad to look at it and see what I can do.

Veteran
    1. I see that in your tool, explore pool gains only triggers when you have a relations change. So full war has to be copied to be correct
    2. If a pool is dry, it's impossible to get this correct without seeing the opposing kd CE...

was a good try though.

That's true Meeni, but if a kingdom doesn't know if their enemy's pool is dry, it's likely that it isn't.

Veteran
    But if the pool was emptied in the middle of the war then that argument doesn't work. Plus, even if the pool was emptied you still get 480 pool acres every 24 hours.

I did get some feedback that if you post news out of date order the uniques don't work, so I added a sort to it. That's why I posted it here to see what kind of weird stuff you all wanna do with it :) So that is fixed now, except the News: part will be out of order - the program just dumps nonparseable lines out as it goes thru lines, so if you want those sorted put the post in date order. When I copy for posting to opponents I don't copy those ines or the Aid Shipments sent either - they don't need to know!

Color: Good idea - I'll work on that in my spare time. That would be a nice feature.

Explore Pool Empty: Very good point - I don't really know how to tell if the opponent's explore pool is empty or down to less acres than the calc - so educate me if you know the answer and I can do something about it. That's not often a problem, but it would be nice to handle the case. Thanks for the feedback.

Province News: My own kd who got to see it earlier mentioned this was a desirable feature. If I can find time I will figure it out. Thanks again for that comment - I'll probably add something to info that it sucks for province news right now and then see what would we be a good format for prov news.
    Last edited by bfree; 27-03-2012 at 08:17.

Thread Information