Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elf/Mystic Player

Post Fiend

Elf/Mystic Player

Hello. I am playing a Elf/Mystic in a small warring KD. I would like some feedback and advice on my strategy so far.

Personality & Race: Mystic, Elf
    Nobility: Lord
    Acres: 1,6xx Acres
    Money: 736,033gc (38,734gc daily income)
    Food: 135,801 bushels
    Runes: 59,146 runes
    Population: 45,870 citzens (27 per acre)
    Peasants: 16,939 (37% Peasants)
    Building Efficiency: 94%
    Trade Balance: 526,129gc

Rangers: 2,273 (11,365 offense)
    Archers: 14,157 (84,942 defense)
    Elf Lords: 6,405 (44,835 offense / 19,215 defense)
    War Horses: 6,546
    Prisoners: 205

Total Modified Offense: 40 OPA
    Total Modified Defense: 73 DPA
    Thieves: 2.16 per Acre
    Wizards: 1.25 per Acre

Science Intelligence

** Effects summary **
    +7.80% Income (
    +5.90% Building Effectiveness
    +4.80% Population Limits
    +41.30% Food Production
    +7.70% Gains in Combat
    +33.70% Thievery Effectiveness
    +33.50% Magic Effectiveness & Rune Production

Survey:

** Buildings summary **
    1. Homes: 16.8%
    2. Farms: 6.6%
    3. Banks: 13.5% + 0.6% in progress
    4. Armouries: 3.6%
    5. Barracks: 6.0% + 0.6% in progress
    6. Forts: 6.9%
    7. Guilds: 7.8% + 0.3% in progress
    8. Towers: 7.8% + 0.3% in progress
    9. Thieves' Dens: 6.0%
    10. Watch Towers: 140 + 0.3% in progress
    11. Stables: 6.6%
    12. Dungeons: 0.9%

Post Fiend
    Also, some of my KD mates are giving me a hard time.
    They say my province isn't really that good and that I should change it.

Here are their arguements:
    - That I should have more offense than defense. I think this is wrong - how can I defend my land if I don't have enough defense ?
    (One example is that the guys in my KD with high offense always gets chained down in wars - but I keep my acres.)
    - That I should not mix WT's and TD's.. However, my 6.5% makes me able to get intel on other provinces, which is important right ?

- Other critique is that my province is useless, that I should focus more on being an attacker/mage and what not. I'm really doing fine, I have good income and runes and I can do ops (Surveys) on 70-80% of enemy provs and do conquests on provinces in my own range - I'm doing fine!

Forum Addict
    You don't have enough wpa to be an effective mage, you also don't have enough towers to cast enough spells even if it were to ever be worthwhile for you to do so. You have ospecs, even though elites are very cheap and far better. You have an incredibly low opa and a very low bpa for this stage of the age. You can't cast offensive spells, you can't really attack very well, and even though you have a very high peasent/acre, your income still isn't close to high enough to warrant being incredibly sub-par to useless in everything else.

Just go very high guilds for 5 days to a week(like 60-70%), once you have that, drop the homes, and go a lower peasent/acre, and a much higher elite/acre. It's also not worth you running thieves dens.

edit: You should listen to your kd-mates.
    point 1: the point of war is to have more damage occur to the other kd than occurs to yours. You aren't getting hit because you are useless.
    point 2: 6.5% td does nothing to getting intel. it adds 18% to your theivery effeciency at your remarkably inflated BE. WHich is still very low considering your raw tpa.
    Point 3: The point is not to feel like your doing fine, its to be as effective and useful to the KD as possible. ops are fb/nado/greed/ms for you. conquests are not what you should be doing in war as your main attack.
    Last edited by Topsy; 25-03-2012 at 15:36.

Cannot participate for fear of being trolled
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
    Also, some of my KD mates are giving me a hard time.
    They say my province isn't really that good and that I should change it.

Here are their arguements:
    - That I should have more offense than defense. I think this is wrong - how can I defend my land if I don't have enough defense ?
    (One example is that the guys in my KD with high offense always gets chained down in wars - but I keep my acres.)
    - That I should not mix WT's and TD's.. However, my 6.5% makes me able to get intel on other provinces, which is important right ?

- Other critique is that my province is useless, that I should focus more on being an attacker/mage and what not. I'm really doing fine, I have good income and runes and I can do ops (Surveys) on 70-80% of enemy provs and do conquests on provinces in my own range - I'm doing fine!
    It sounds like your kingdom mates have a reasonable idea what they're talking about. You should probably either listen to them, or move to a different kingdom, that plays the game at a lower level. In a ghetto, you can usually play whatever style you like, without being anymore of a burden to your kingdom than the other provinces are.

Perhaps you could ask them to explain their reasoning more clearly. If they're really trying to make you a better player, they'll take the time to make you understand why they are right, instead of just telling you what to do.

Post Fiend
    I can conquest those around my size and I can attack smaller guys in war, why should I have higher offense ?
    The UD's in my KD running high offense and low defense just keep getting hit. After all the game's aim is to grow over time.

Another one of our attackers running a lot higher offense than defense made a lot of acres in our 1st war but in the 2nd he was chosen as easy chain target, partly because of his low defence. Thus he lost no only his acres, they were lost for the kd as well... Why is that better than having a higher defense and you can avoid being hit all together ?

If you avoid being hit during war, that doesn't mean those hits weren't made on your kingdom, just that they were going to your kingdom mates. You avoid hits at the cost of the rest of your kingdom. The reason the guy with high offence was chained wasn't mainly his low defence, it was his high offence. He was the biggest threat, so he was chained. You were not much of a threat, so you weren't chained

It's better to have a kingdom full of big threats - more than the other kingdom can possibly chain - than to have a kingdom with harmless high-defence provinces, that can safely be ignored by the other kingdom because they won't hit for much anyway.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Cannot participate for fear of being trolled
    agreed
    Deliverance -> secrets -> anzac -> mercy -> rage -> "ghetto"

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    You don't have enough wpa to be an effective mage, you also don't have enough towers to cast enough spells even if it were to ever be worthwhile for you to do so. You have ospecs, even though elites are very cheap and far better. You have an incredibly low opa and a very low bpa for this stage of the age. You can't cast offensive spells, you can't really attack very well, and even though you have a very high peasent/acre, your income still isn't close to high enough to warrant being incredibly sub-par to useless in everything else.

Just go very high guilds for 5 days to a week(like 60-70%), once you have that, drop the homes, and go a lower peasent/acre, and a much higher elite/acre. It's also not worth you running thieves dens.

edit: You should listen to your kd-mates.
    point 1: the point of war is to have more damage occur to the other kd than occurs to yours. You aren't getting hit because you are useless.
    point 2: 6.5% td does nothing to getting intel. it adds 18% to your theivery effeciency at your remarkably inflated BE. WHich is still very low considering your raw tpa.
    Point 3: The point is not to feel like your doing fine, its to be as effective and useful to the KD as possible. ops are fb/nado/greed/ms for you. conquests are not what you should be doing in war as your main attack.
    drop the td's for wt's at least 15% get 3wpa+ no ospecs trade in for leets. its ok to have more D than O as an elf/mage but u gotta get some wizards to be effective. 8% guilds? needa pump for a while at least 25%

Firstly , you need to accept the fact that you are not doing fine.

Just my nickel on the matter...

You're not running enough Armouries for them to be worthwhile - dump them.
    You've got plenty of 6pt Archers to last a while, so dump the Forts.
    In your case, the Stables are also a waste of land - dump them.
    You should be relying on raw TpA instead of TDs - dump them.

As a Mystic, you should be running at least 10% Guilds & Towers to be truly effective.
    If war is imminent, you might consider switching the Forts to Guard Stations.
    Shift everything else into Training Grounds to increase your OP (without inflating your NW).

Draft up extra Soldiers to train Elf Lords exclusively for a while.
    Hang onto the Rangers for the time being to use as Utopia-Brand Dragon Chow next War.

Any individual Province can do ONE thing exceedingly well, TWO things moderately well, or THREE things poorly. Since Elf/Mystic is better suited to A/M than to T/M - as well as considering your current situation - you're better of forgetting about offensive Thievery (for the most part).

Again, this is just my nickel on the matter. Take it for what you will.
    The only people who never make mistakes are those who never try to accomplish anything.

Post Demon
    Everyone has been giving useful and standard advice.
    If you want to think your province is doing fine, go ahead with what you're doing. In war I wouldn't fear your province, and that's why you're not attacked or opped heavily... there simply isn't a reason to most of the time. Your defense with armies out is around 55-60dpa, which isn't enough to stop attackers close to your net worth. Being nightstriked will lower that considerably.

At the very least you will want to do a few things:
    - Swap out thief dens in your build. They are not doing enough to significantly increase your thief ability, and minor thievery is dicey at best. Better to have more watchtowers, TG, barracks or even forts.
    - Stables are best when combined with good training grounds, not as a building by themselves. You should have at least 10% training grounds somewhere in your build. By training some more offense (elites) you'll be close to even with offense:defense, which will allow you to hit a wider range of targets.
    - Boost your WPA and channeling science, to about 2 raw wpa, and place much higher emphasis on channeling than you are currently.

Post Fiend
    I have to agree with what the others here are saying. Your not an effective Attacker, your not an effective Mage, your not and effective Thief. Basicly, your province seems to be a waste of space. If you are the biggest province in your KD, that is even more true!

Why are you even playing Elf/Mystic if you aren't capitalizing on the magic side ?
    With your current WPA, all spells you get through enemies will be more luck than anything..

Again repeating, loose the off specs, they are making you inefficient. Go all elite offense, and get more offense! You should increase your draft as well to get more elites.

For strat: You should lose most of your homes, arms and TD's. Those buildings doesn't give you enough bonuses to be worthwhile. You should get more Guilds and Towers so that you can get your spell casting going. If you are gonna be attacking, you'll need some TG's, Hospitals and probably GS as well.

Your sciences is just sad. One solution, go high banks and schools and put your Sci research rate up high. Better solution, get offense and start learning others.

It seems like your KD mates got the right ideas and are trying to help you out and teach you the game. You should probably start listening to them. Otherwise it might be better for everyone if you defect to a kd where they let you play as you wish, and your current KD can get a serious player in.

Enthusiast
    wai come

This has an uncanny resemblance to someone from my kd...

Thread Information