Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to build an unbreakable province?

Forum Addict
    [11:35] <Bejb> off is the best offense

I don't know why more people don't listen to Bejbom. His wisdom far exceeded his bounces.
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

ahha~ now i know why i keep failing... actually am almost a dead province i guess... 86.4% non-peasant.... cos someone told me must have 9k def spec at least.. so now my economy is crap, having negative net income, and anyone can just simply attack me.. >.< ursh~

i think the better question is, how to save this province and make it sustainable, without being a burden for my kd?

You need offense, because no level of defense makes you safe. OOP you need to come out with enough offense and support to threaten other top provs in order to get duration CF deals. Without CFs you will just get eaten early and never get off the ground. Once (if) you get the deals, you have to get big, fast. If you are too weak at the time your deals expire, you will be eaten. While it does help to have friends in high places, it can be done solo if you are REALLY savvy with diplomacy and negotiating, and know how to work with and against top kingdoms.

If you are looking just to be an UB in a ghetto kd in relation to enemy kds your size, you still need offense to retal hits on you from bigger kds. Most top kds tell their provs not to hit provinces who can retal, because it's a waste of time to duke it out with a ghetto prov in most cases. All defense = free land, you'll get hit every day for the entire age.
    S E C R E T S

"[11:35] <Bejb> off is the best offense

I don't know why more people don't listen to Bejbom. His wisdom far exceeded his bounces."

issit because he had reach certain level that people wont touch him, and he can and able to do that strat?
    am still infant for this game, i need to know how to start walking before flying...

Are we being trolled?
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    You need offense, because no level of defense makes you safe. OOP you need to come out with enough offense and support to threaten other top provs in order to get duration CF deals. Without CFs you will just get eaten early and never get off the ground. Once (if) you get the deals, you have to get big, fast. If you are too weak at the time your deals expire, you will be eaten. While it does help to have friends in high places, it can be done solo if you are REALLY savvy with diplomacy and negotiating, and know how to work with and against top kingdoms.

If you are looking just to be an UB in a ghetto kd in relation to enemy kds your size, you still need offense to retal hits on you from bigger kds. Most top kds tell their provs not to hit provinces who can retal, because it's a waste of time to duke it out with a ghetto prov in most cases. All defense = free land, you'll get hit every day for the entire age.
    how much off i should have at least? off spec or elite better? someone told me off spec turn def if got ambush...
    Last edited by StarSapphire; 29-03-2012 at 18:01.

In that case, ignore my advice. My point was that it's impossible to be unbreakable to everyone, and that all but the very biggest pros supported by pro kingdoms with pro diplomacy must accept that fact. Simply make yourself a bad target to hit outside of war with Dharan's advice. Accept that the better your opponent in war, the more likely you are to be chained (assuming you are a threat) and learn how to manage being chained with advice from other threads like these: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...arning-channel
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...Chain-survival
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...o-when-chained

Quote Originally Posted by StarSapphire View Post
    how much off i should have at least? off spec or elite better? someone told me off spec turn def if got ambush...
    Elites are generally the best for offense. If you are an undead, train o specs and attack to convert.

Director of Age Changes
    Are we being trolled?
    I think it's just harmless nubness.

@OP: DHaran's post should enlighten you. You'd better set some other (realistic and attainable) goals.
    Last edited by Avenger; 29-03-2012 at 18:07.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Knock off guys
    Wait, what?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I haven't trained an offspec in like 3 years.
    S E C R E T S

Forum Addict
    I haven't trained an offspec in like 3 years.
    NOOB

Offspec is a top 3 attacking military unit
    INFERNO OF ABSALOM
    The Jew

Post Demon
    1. elites
    2. prisoners
    3. mercs
    4. solds
    5. o-specs

The funny thing is there only a handful of people in utopia that are qualified to answer this question yet there are noobs here (Mr. D "I haven't trained an off spec in 3 years" Haran) showing disdain towards this aspiring young man.

The answer to the question that you axed, sir, is that defense is a function of relative appeal and implied danger. In order to become as unbreakable as possible, you must minimize your relative appeal and maximize your implied danger.

Minimizing your relative appeal can be done several ways:
    1) Growing to a point where the majority of utopia won't gain anything from hitting you due to relative NW restrictions
    2) Having more defense than people around your size

Maximizing your implied danger can be done mainly by having you or someone near your NW size in your kingdom have some kind of offense to retaliate against a province that wishes to attack you. The more offense the better, and having more than one of these babysitter provinces is definitely a plus.

Have fun, noob!
    "Godly, you do realized that you have just sealed your faith now, right?"

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Godly View Post
    The funny thing is there only a handful of people in utopia that are qualified to answer this question yet there are noobs here (Mr. D "I haven't trained an off spec in 3 years" Haran) showing disdain towards this aspiring young man.
    DHaran's running a better bank than you are
    ...just sayin

Rest of the post is valid.

Thread Information