Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: strat for war as ghetto kingdom

Post Fiend

strat for war as ghetto kingdom

im part of a gheto kingdom with 10 solid players(6 attackers/4 t/m) all about 1000 acres and 8 random 2 inactive. we need a start for winning wars.

its been surgested we pick 3 main targets and we concentrat on them till disabled and unable to break our big provinces, then switch to random attacks on there fat provinces, while t/m keep first 3 from recovering. i know this is a little simple. but any advice on a workable strat would be welcome. currently its just a free for all with attackers just hiting best targets and t/m picking and disabling there most active attackers.

what kind of kingdoms are you warring? other inactive ghetto's like yourselves?

since you only have 6 active attackers, I'd say 3 was too many targets. 2 is probably doable since nobody will want to attack a single target once the gains get too bad, and your strat will go away! haha.

Don't worry about getting your chain targets disabled, just drop them down until they have to release their defense. They'll still attack, but you'll be able to hit them with a spare general easily and keep them down!
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    100 is the same 1. And 1/92 just means .92.

| Blade of Dragons Mate | Mythos | S 1 3 3 7 Y | Desolated Mythos | Pandas | Barcoloco |

This is something I've been thinking of myself. If you can get about 10 attacks in per day, how many targets should you have? I think 2 seems about right, choosing one for your bigger provs and one for smaller to get the best gains. Since you can't effectively deep chain, there's no reason to focus on one target, but you can still do a lot of damage on the 2 targets.

My best advice for you is to stop your guys from exploring more. You can't find other ghettos to war if you're that much bigger than all of them.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Be more active than the other kd. It's really as simple as that with ghetto wars.

True, activity is #1 followed by province management (make sure everyone has proper armies). However, I still feel like you should be maximizing your small amount of activity.

Enthusiast
    I'd say Drop the biggest province of theirs you can first.... then move onto chaining their most active attackers 1 at a time... Use your T/M's to blanket MS, greed, and riots on all their active attackers and the T/M's you can break... as a ghetto start off with semi-chains drop em to about 50% the size of where you started and move along... After you chain em down fireball away their peasants to stop them from drafting and retraining military... And move on... If you have a large NW spread between your active attackers pick two targets.... one big guy and one small guy... Have your big attackers hit them down into range if your smaller guts then move on to another target..

Post Demon
    Fine i'll get involved.

and my feedback is going to be waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy different than what you have already recieved.

The most important thing you can do in a ghetto is go all-out to organize your current provinces.
    You cant have useless provinces trying to hybrid, or faeries running ****ty wpa/tpa.

I just warred against a feary that had about 150 DPA.

Seems great right? except T/Ms dont get attacked to begin with even if they only have 95-100 dpa, cause it JUST isnt worth it.

This particular faery with 150 dpa..... failed over 85% of his spells on me (did the math), and i'm a human with 2.3 mod wpa.

If you have provinces with ****ty setups, you will not go anywhere. If u have rogues running WTs instead of TDs (common in ghettos) its a big ****ing waste.
    If u have attackers not hitting 90-100 OPA.... its a waste.

My BIGGEST piece of advice to you is to get your kingdom to properly set up their provinces. After that i would suggest you refer to Palem's post:

"Be more active than the other kd. It's really as simple as that with ghetto wars. "

but really you have to make sure ur players are all running quality provinces. i think that TRULY should be the starting point for most ghettos, before you even start to think about war strategies. u can order ur T/Ms to blanket MS/Greed/Riots... but if they cant actually accomplish it, then where are you?

Regular
    Try to get that attacker vs T/M ratio up the next age. 40% T/M's is quite a lot.

Post Fiend
    thx for some nice tips, im not the king, and he has some funny ideas about stratagy, the core provinces all have good setups and activity amongst them is good, the random provinces we have are partially active and bring our attackers total up, just cant predict who they will attack when they log on, or if they decide to suicide. or there build.

our king obviously has read to much about deep chaining and thinks it works in ghetto wars. ill try to convince hin we only need to drop to half there size then start fireballing them. also he has a funny idea about us all being the same acre size, when it sounds like we should have 2 groups of attackers of different sizes so after the larger group drop a target the second group could take over on that target, while the first bigger group move onto a new bigger target.

as regards to advice just got to be more active than the others thats kinda out of my hands so pretty pointless advice since we gota to the best with what we got. any more advice greatly apriciated

His strats could work, but it's different when 2 of your players just want to explore, 5 of them don't grow beyond 500 acres, and everyone logs in at different times of the day to attack. If you want you can PM him some suggestions, but I'd say follow his strats if you don't want to get booted.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    If you have provinces with ****ty setups, you will not go anywhere.
    but really you have to make sure ur players are all running quality provinces. i think that TRULY should be the starting point for most ghettos, before you even start to think about war strategies.
    Other option is to just war & picking smaller active kds and dont care about winning, use war to point out the

Quote Originally Posted by hb23 View Post
    10 solid players(6 attackers/4 t/m) all about 1000 acres and 8 random 2 inactive.
    If you loose enough wars, and u post war summaries and unique counts and pimp spells/thieve counts enough your 10 solid players will wise up about who is bringing them down and causing them to loose wars. after 2 losses in 2-3 weeks it shouldn't be hard to convince the 10 active players to take out 2 inactive and a few of the random people. then your down to about 15 people and u can war again, against another small kd. Get your core set, hope for a merge, and start building an active kd.

Post Fiend
    hmm, obviously everybody commenting have good kingdoms and forgoten what its like to be in a ghetto. i to am not a fanatic that is on 24/7. and my activity also drops when my real life gets busy. we are fighting other ghettos which have the same problem as us and breakdown of province types. i wouldnt want to be in a fashist kindom that demands a certain level of activity or your killed off, i just want to make the most of what we have got. so please no more coments about be more active or build a stronger kingdom.

just would like some advice on how to do the best with what we got, best opps, how we can disable active enamy targets, how we can time attacks for max effect, how to force a win, to what level chaining should be used. how to work together for maximum effect.

most war stratagys talked about are for top kingdoms, i want a war strat for a gheto

Post Fiend
    @unicorn we dont have any explorers, thats the only rule/province we will kill off, people that are totaly selfish. we are a warring kingdom.

Director of Age Changes
    I wouldn't worry too much about "selfish explorers" in the ghetto. They'll be vultured by organized, active kingdoms that are on the lookout for free acres.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Post Demon
    There aren't that many strategies you can implement without sound activity and coordination via IRC or some other medium. In a ghetto kingdom your best bet is to make sure every province has the fundamental theory of running their province down, so that you have all 20-25 provinces active and no weak spots.

The biggest mistake I'm seeing is setting a very low goal acreage for chains, regardless of how long it takes to get there... what's the use of taking someone down to 200 acres when 400 acres will usually put a province down the crapper, and even a semi-chain does significant damage. Don't take more than a day to bring a province down... I wouldn't even spend more than a wave to handle the hardest part. It helps to have your core provinces log on at the same time, and keep similar attack times... even if it's only 5-6 provinces that are online, having them attack at the same hour is much better than having their hits split up over several hours. If you have a core of 5 attackers and a t/m you have enough resources to start semi-chains, and the less active players can join in where they can.

Another big mistake - chaining that isn't really chaining, i.e., making orders to hit a single target as much as possible without regard to sequence. While this still works to an extent and can't be avoided some times, it's still less efficient. The worst is when a big province doesn't have the army to do more than a single hit on a province 70% of their nw, which doesn't contribute enough to overpopulation to really be worth the trouble. If a province can't hit the designated target with a double-tap and they're much smaller, you will need a backup plan, either setting up a second chain target or hitting for max gains. Having provinces with high enough offense limits this somewhat, but it's not always the best course of action to dt if that leaves a big province especially and unnecessarily vulnerable to being chained themselves.

A third big mistake - neglecting the value of t/m ops, and the economic value of t/m provinces. t/m provinces often have the double as economic provinces, aiding gc and soldiers often to keep attackers afloat and doing considerable work with dragon slaying. Really good t/m coordination is something that volumes can be written about, and it's impossible to cover every angle. I'll just say that blanket MS is overrated if that's all your t/ms are doing with magic... the instant damage spells like tornado and fireball are good for nerfing direct targets, especially if paired with the appropriate attacks and thief ops.
    Corollary to this - combined arms are awesome if you can get your t/ms and attackers online at the same time. Use Tornado+Arson with chaining to drop max pop faster, or LL if your mages can take on the extra land.
    Finally, Vortex is really, really underrated in ghettoes. If a target is targetted for any kind of heavy thief or mage ops, you'll want to strip away buffs beforehand. This is even more effective if you can predict when the mark will be offline and unable to put the spells back up. Stripping MP is of course a big deal in of itself, and it's usually possible to see from an SoT whether a province has it up. If the enemy isn't putting up buffs, than you've won almost as well as if you had vortexed them anyway. (Likewise, mathematics suggests that it's optimal strategy to use whatever buffs are helpful to you as long as you have the mana and runes, so that an enemy does need to take the effort to vortex them off.)

Thread Information