Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Large Sustainable Growth

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Large Sustainable Growth

So, I'm just curious how exactly the whoring kds can pull off such large, consistent growth but still manage to be able to maintain quality numbers. I mean, I feel like I dice up 100 acres, and I need to spend the next 18 hours redrafting/training/ect. But yet you've got the whoring kds who dice/explore without stopping other than when they're switching to war or something.

Is it just really good prov management skills that I don't have? Or just a plethora or "small tips" that amount to large advantages?

Usually in my experience you have the two types of kd's...One who are comfortable with the talent of players they have and let them run there own provs effectively and one's who give set builds for the kd. Basically, the nerds of this game sit and calc out till the middle of there age the growth etc of the province.....They will run what they are comfortable with but mainly it's all about activity.. If you've been hit or chained down there's aid from the other provs available to pull you back up pretty quickly.... I remember EQ about 4 years ago when I sat as a relatively new player to the game and I got to the IRC channel and everybody was using calc on the bot calc'ing numbers for **** knows what. Ultimately I only sat for a week because I had no clue about numbers/calcs used in the game then. Even now I find the process tedious but I know some who swear by it.

I think both parts of your question are important in making it sustainable.

more like random/dice. but its no rocket science, just need 25 nubs doing the same :) a set build and guidelines ofc never hurt. just look at whoring kd's the first weeks, they be very fat growers if they know what they are doing. just gotta stay ahead of the pact.

Post Demon
    Having once (recently) burst a faery sage to 900 OOP (in my second attacking faery age) I think I can say the oop requires some careful balancing to get right. A good sim is almost a must to figure out how you'll make stuff work out to get to your targets. That 900 was throttled back from 1k, and the actual oop values were fine even as I was going heavy elite - lack of kingdom backup meant I was smacked around from 24-72 hours after oop though. So while 900 alone isn't much of anything, it was a case where I got there without even really trying hard, just cause I ran a tight sim and set an alarm for 2 days. Trying to put serious legs under even the faery sage might have managed 1500+ acres - with a bank launch that puts you at what, 3k+ by 24 hours oop. And 'tisn't even a dwarf or shep.

As to top level *sustained* growth - no experience, so I can't speak to it directly. But I imagine a big piece of it is knowing the minimum defense (and offense, etc.) needed to stay safe - and everything else goes to econ. If you could run 50% DR, wouldn't you grow faster? (Having run as low as 55% before - even in a "war" build at lower DR, the growth/training etc. is easy.) I'm sure there is a bunch of other stuff too - but I expect I could do at least half as well in their shoes just because of lower DR requirements.
    (Yes, half as well is a very low bar, which is why I'm so sure I could manage it. And yes, I know it take all of a few days to fall off the pace and get eaten at only half speed. I'd like to think I'd do a lot better... but I've never played like that, so I know I don't know.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Come play with us next age Palem, learn first hand.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Tell you once, tell you a thousand times. If the Faery Circle exists, I'm playing in it lol

Why not just help a bro out?

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Tell you once, tell you a thousand times. If the Faery Circle exists, I'm playing in it lol

Why not just help a bro out?
    What if I initiate a hostile takeover of the Faery Circle and change the name to Beast Master Square?
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Director of Age Changes
    What a subtle suggestion by Palem. Clearly, the course of action needed here... raze the Faery Circle to the ground !
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    What a subtle suggestion by Palem. Clearly, the course of action needed here... raze the Faery Circle to the ground !
    You'd have to intra-KD raze them or they just come back :P
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Director of Age Changes
    Willpower to come back can be eventually crushed by chained PK.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordray View Post
    What if I initiate a hostile takeover of the Faery Circle and change the name to Beast Master Square?
    Idk...might cry a little? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Willpower to come back can be eventually crushed by chained PK.
    Allow me to quote Chumbawamba...

I get knocked down, but I get up again. You ain't ever gonna keep me down.

because they are fat. fat creates wealth. you are dicing right now on what? 55? 60? draft. You also have to devote space to useless buildings like forts and what not.

try dicing with 40% draft on 15% banks as merchant and that should answer your question.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You've got my intel, you know I don't run forts ;p

just an example for an average province.

based on your intel, you have too many guilds and homes and not enough libraries (0). You could also consider getting some forts. That will substantially help your econ.

Veteran
    We're not top kd large but been top 15 all age due to grabbing a lot of land in the wars we won, then doing the rebuild in the EoW CF. Then grow the chainees by waving OOW as silly mean kd's run from you when all you want is some warar :(

Top kd's, at least this age, has a tendency to need 10+ mil lying around at all times to enable growth and expect their NAPs to keep it safe. Thus they get all sad if it gets robbed. That's a luxury that midrange kd's will never be able to afford, nor can midrange afford the 40% draft thingie. In my experience in ranks 20-40 you should be 70% drafted to grow sustainable, and have talented players who steal/plunder for a way quick build up through a large intake of external money.

Thread Information