Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Q for returning player

Quick Q for returning player

Okay so I used to play this game back in the day when Dark Elves were still around and had the no runes needed perk, so it's been a little while since I played so please bear with me on my nubish questions.

1. Hybrids - are KD's still running mostly A/M's and A/T's or we back to Attackers and T/M's ? (looking at race and pers changes for this age it looks like it would be attackers and T/M's with how Faeries are set up...actually thinking about trying Faery Sage).

2. Game mechanics seem like they're still pretty much the same meaning jumping back into the game isn't going to be too hard. With that in mind I'm looking at a few set ups and would like some feedback on which would be better suited to the game as of now.

2a) (Attacker) Undead Cleric vs Orc Warrior - Leaning towards Undead Cleric
    2b) (Hybrid) Avian Rogue vs Elf Mystic - Elf Mystic doesn't seem to have any draw backs
    2c) (T/M) Faery Sage/Rogue - Sage seems better for late start

3. What is this whole invitation thing I see and could someone give me a 30 second crash course on this? Lol

TM is in, hybrid is out.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Orc or faery sage.
    What does 1337 mean?

Good to know :) so pretty scratch the second question then and let's revise it a little bit. I'm looking into Undead Cleric and Faery Mystic (figured I have some catching up to do so Mystic would fit better). Let's see if I still have some common sense when it comes to strats shall we?

Undead Cleric:

18% Homes
    15% Banks
    20% TG's
    13% Rax
    12% Guilds
    04% Towers
    15% WT's
    03% Dungeons

AND

Faery Mystic:

Lots of Guilds
    Lots of Towers
    Lots of Banks
    Lots of Arms

Dice, ToG, and train like crazy.

LoL wow I was wrong on both accounts according to Marve. Why go Orc over Undead? And Sage for a Faery seems pretty solid

Faery/Mystic is a bad choice imo, as you already have MS and would only gain duration and guilds/tower bonus. Rogue or Sage would be better.

You've got too many homes with the UD. Add in GS to the build and it looks okay to me.
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

@Ordray yeah I could decide whether to go with GS or Homes. I figured with Homes I would be able to run a much higher draft, thus increasing my offense (with a 9 elite) by quite a bit. Another thing that got me thinking is that with Undeads converting on successful land attacks, it would be pretty good to attack like crazy, get fat, get lots of elites, and then get land dropped ;)

You can still have a larger army on more acres just like before. No homes required.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Homes were simply for BE reasons alone ^.^ Run a 70% DR and not be nearly as hindered. But I've ruled out Homes nonetheless.

Some homes can be useful for keeping your BE up, but 18% is far too much. I'd never go >10%
    Retired at one time but no longer retired.

Well lets say I use 10% homes, that would leave 8% to play with. Would throwing that last 8% into GS even be worth it or would I be better off going about 15% GS and adding the remaining 3% into Rax? I feel that would be the smarter decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Sittin-out View Post
    LoL wow I was wrong on both accounts according to Marve. Why go Orc over Undead? And Sage for a Faery seems pretty solid
    There is a lot of basic preference in the two. Either province can be strong. An orc will be stronger out of the gate and they are easier to maintain long run. The reason I like orc is I am science oriented and the neg sci bonus for undead kills me a little inside lol. There are other reasons as well, but no need to bore you.
    What does 1337 mean?

Post Demon
    Undead/Cleric is a pretty solid pick for an attacker in a random kingdom, if you can't guarantee that you'll land in a good kingdom. I'd figure UD is better than Orc early on since science is not a factor, while Orc BE is problematic from the get go.
    *is an undead with passable science... most of which was acquired in Learn attacks, lol* I'd be hitting like a truck if I was an Orc with the same gains science.

Invites allow people to join a kingdom... basically legalized trading. Monarchs get some freebie invites, but to get a full kingdom from scratch they have to be paid for.

Yeah I decided to run Undead Cleric for that exact reason :) looks like I landed in an alright KD in need of more attackers so it fits. I just need to catch up now.

@marve - yeah if you're science oriented (are you a faery sage? Seen you and realest buttin heads in another thread) then having a science penalty would definitely turn ya in another direction.

And if anyone who has a little patience is looking for an active player, I wouldn't mind trying out the invitation system first hand ;)

Enthusiast
    This is my prov as UD, i had a few ages off so i didnt realise just how weak Hybrid UD's had become. I can still NS Land fat targets but nowhere near as good as Halfer A/T can or Hu A/T.
    With Bonuses i hit 122 OPA and 43 DPA (currently 50% wage rate and horses still need to fill up)
    my build looks like this 20% homes/15%rax/10% TG's/10% Guilds/10% stables/3% towers/2% dungeons/20% banks/10% TD's.
    I will be swapping out banks for 15% Gs's and 5% more TD's in war.

If i was you the 20% homes are great as it allows more pop + greater BE and gives me the chance to hit 120+OPA which i can DBL tab most Humans/elves/halfers and avians but also 3X UD'S

Ruler Name: Baron
    Personality & Race: The Rogue, Undead
    Land: x,xxx Acres
    Money: 551,599gc (34,663gc daily income)
    Food: 347 bushels (no food needed)
    Runes: 9,232 runes
    Population: xxxxxx citizens (27.89 per Acre)
    Peasants: xxxx (95% Building Efficiency)
    Trade Balance: -520,217gc (0% tax rate)

Military Eff. with Stance: 110.53% off. / 98.38% def.
    Soldiers: 0 (69.2% estimated draft rate)
    Skeletons: 0
    Zombies: 11,846 (58,272 defense)
    Ghouls: 15,297 (152,164 offense / 45,149 defense)
    War-Horses: 4,698 (up to 5,192 additional offense)
    Prisoners: 360 (1,194 offense)

Total Modified Offense: xxxxx (99.59 per Acre)
    Practical (100% elites): xxxxx (99.59 per Acre)
    Total Modified Defense: xxxxx(64.96 per Acre)
    Practical (0% elites): xxxxx (36.60 per Acre)

Thieves: xxxxx (3.00 per Acre / 66% Stealth)
    Wizards: xxxxx (1.01 per Acre / 100% Mana)

Thread Information