Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best way to beat a large pumped sage attacker?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    yea I do agree with your entire post persian. Like you noted I was assuming that the province was growing, so the tpa/wpa numbers would be even worse off.

Also didn't even think of intra-kd hits as a counter to it.... We should have used that tactic last war
    :D yup, i've seen the shell target absolutely suck as an attacker before ends up blowing your plan to shell. As well the intra kd hit is amazing to use in war, recommend it strongly to screw the enemy...cant bleed acres if u dont have any :P

It's not a waste of resources to get like 2% of the shelled provs acres when you could have gotten 4x the acres with the same offense from the enemy?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    It's not a waste of resources to get like 2% of the shelled provs acres when you could have gotten 4x the acres with the same offense from the enemy?
    The idea of shelling is that you massacre the prove enough (usually pre-war) so that your fearies, then hybrids and finally attackers can easily cast t/m ops.

For example you start war with an enemy prov at 1500 acres u massacre them 6 times (say during 24hr+ hostile when incoming land isnt as important). Once war starts You have your fearis ns a bit to get him till his offence is down into a "safe" range. Then as he is growing to say 2200 acres you hybrids were fire-balling him to keep his peasents down and nsing him a bit to get his def down.

Then when at 2200 acres your attackers who normally cant ns (due to running 3 mod tpa) do a full ns wave (since he has say 1 mod tpa) and get rid of most of his def. Now your attackers 4-5 hit him and you can drop him to 500 acres with only 2 attackers (or with "no attackers" by using only spare offence on the shell) instead of the 8+ attackers it would normally take. Thus u still get the SAME amount of land from that prov you just get it later during war and u get the benefit of using your attackers stealth to kill alot of defense.

Thus your kd ends up ahead because they get to use stealth that would otherwise be wasted and they get a huge bust of incoming land whenever they feel the need for it. As a whole then you are ahead since you used 6 hits on 1 target pre war (6 meter points v 12 if they were trad hits) and you were able to use your kd's stealth to soften up a target (and rid him of guard stations), and when everything is said and done you have gotten the same amount of land from the target.

The only issue which i mentioned before is if his kd intra hits him and you dont get a chance to take the land.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    The idea of shelling is that you massacre the prove enough (usually pre-war) so that your fearies, then hybrids and finally attackers can easily cast t/m ops.

For example you start war with an enemy prov at 1500 acres u massacre them 6 times (say during 24hr+ hostile when incoming land isnt as important). Once war starts You have your fearis ns a bit to get him till his offence is down into a "safe" range. Then as he is growing to say 2200 acres you hybrids were fire-balling him to keep his peasents down and nsing him a bit to get his def down.

Then when at 2200 acres your attackers who normally cant ns (due to running 3 mod tpa) do a full ns wave (since he has say 1 mod tpa) and get rid of most of his def. Now your attackers 4-5 hit him and you can drop him to 500 acres with only 2 attackers (or with "no attackers" by using only spare offence on the shell) instead of the 8+ attackers it would normally take. Thus u still get the SAME amount of land from that prov you just get it later during war and u get the benefit of using your attackers stealth to kill alot of defense.

Thus your kd ends up ahead because they get to use stealth that would otherwise be wasted and they get a huge bust of incoming land whenever they feel the need for it. As a whole then you are ahead since you used 6 hits on 1 target pre war (6 meter points v 12 if they were trad hits) and you were able to use your kd's stealth to soften up a target (and rid him of guard stations), and when everything is said and done you have gotten the same amount of land from the target.

The only issue which i mentioned before is if his kd intra hits him and you dont get a chance to take the land.
    have yet to see an intrakd hit on a "shell" (new term to me). think its a terrible idea too.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by br3nt00 View Post
    have yet to see an intrakd hit on a "shell" (new term to me). think its a terrible idea too.
    its a very good idea, stops the enemy from getting land, and wastes all the energy they spent shelling.

Post Demon
    its a very good idea, stops the enemy from getting land, and wastes all the energy they spent shelling.
    And wastes your attack completely, plus kills your allies troops... and in the end, the province being land-dropped isn't any stronger in absolute strength, and the land you destroy is a lot less than the land and useful attack lost from not making a proper hit. If some nub kingdom land-dropped their own during war i'd help them along and laugh... then send a message thanking them for making a war win ridiculously easy.

If I am being "shelled", i'm probably going to prioritize chaining even if it's not the best gains, and if i get fat, so what? Also you assume that fireballed province can't get aid to train extra thieves, which is quite easy and, if you follow the same strategy every time, is wholly expected and easy to adjust for.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    And wastes your attack completely, plus kills your allies troops... and in the end, the province being land-dropped isn't any stronger in absolute strength, and the land you destroy is a lot less than the land and useful attack lost from not making a proper hit.
    yes if u spend an entire unique to do it, however if one of your quad attacks is the person in your kd sitting on 2500 acres with 30k def you get MORE land than you would have gained had you sent 35k on some random enemy small attacker. you also deny the enemy 100's of acres in their big attackers.

If I am being "shelled", i'm probably going to prioritize chaining even if it's not the best gains, and if i get fat, so what?
    if you get shelled right u stay out of nw range to be an effective chainer, thus droping a few 100 acres with on intra kd puts u back as a normal attacker that can help in chains.

Also you assume that fireballed province can't get aid to train extra thieves, which is quite easy and, if you follow the same strategy every time, is wholly expected and easy to adjust for.
    i assumed that a fireballed prov is not a shell, you dont become a shell because your siting on 1000 peasants. think more of a shell as an attacker at 340k nw, 2600 acres, 2k peasents, with 40k def and 70k offence who's faceing a kd where the largest attacker is at 280k nw.

f some nub kingdom land-dropped their own during war i'd help them along and laugh... then send a message thanking them for making a war win ridiculously easy.
    fee free to laugh and taunt them as they beat you.
    Last edited by Persain; 15-04-2012 at 21:08.

Post Demon
    This is so ridiculous... if you want to waste attacks on land-dropping mid-war go on doing that.

this strategy sounds... interesting, or just silly.

i would landdrop octo mid-war.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gergnub View Post
    this strategy sounds... interesting, or just silly.

i would landdrop octo mid-war.
    its both, its silly if u do it every war any time your kd has a shell, its interesting if you have one of you chained people siting on 400 acres with 180k offense do 3 hits on the other kd of like 20k each and then double tap your shelled out person whos siting on 55k def. That chained person walks away with alot more land and you dont give up the acres to the other kd.

Regular
    someone with 400 acres with 180k off? i would like to see that army going out :D

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by grofdojka View Post
    someone with 400 acres with 180k off? i would like to see that army going out :D
    400 mod opa ftw, happens every war...Total Modified Offense: 119,531 (319 per acre) and that's up 90% from min size :D
    Last edited by Persain; 17-04-2012 at 17:25.

400 mod opa ftw, happens every war...Total Modified Offense: 119,531 (319 per acre) and that's up 90% from min size :D
    That's not what he questioned - he said he'd like to see that army being sent out - indicating that overpop would stop you.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    That's not what he questioned - he said he'd like to see that army being sent out - indicating that overpop would stop you.
    ah....nope not overpoped :P i was playing with numbers as in 400 acres, with 400 acres incoming ;)

Post Fiend
    If you have the activity within your kingdom and can get most of them on... Deep chaining for acres is the way to go. You're talking taking out a science pumped province. It's what you do for best results. Run networth based attacks and there's no coming back even with sciences behind the province. 9 massacres is just uncalled for no relation to hostile. Even if they aren't overpopped which they would be unless they're active and releasing troops to soldiers to aid but it definitely crushes their defense making them too easy to finish off if it came down to any long run. They can grab back acres but leaves them with no defense to guard em.
    "Don't try to win a war as one province, but as a kingdom with a strategy behind it." -Justin Karnes

Thread Information