Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to beat a large pumped sage attacker?

Best way to beat a large pumped sage attacker?

If they double in size, their bpa halves, and their personality bonus and libs lessen. Is it remotely useful to let them grow and fireball them? If you chain them, they are hard to bring down with higher opa/dpa than others, and they have a huge pop% sci bonus which saves them from some overpop.

If this strat sucks, what is the best course of action assuming they are a big threat?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Personality and Libraries don't lessen by them growing...

Assuming you've got the activity...

Do a nice Amnesia run on them, then chain the prov down. The science will come back, but you should still get some nice overpop damage if that's what you're trying to do.

If you don't have that kind of activity, just treat him like a regular prov with nice stats.

Post Demon
    U can do massacres equal to the amount of hits you would have chained, so like 9+ . Then his tpa is terrible and has many unbuilt acres. Everyone in your kingdom can NS him after 9 massacres. Problem solved he is now a land shell

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    If this strat sucks, what is the best course of action assuming they are a big threat?
    define big threat,
    if they have a high offence that u want to shut down then chaining go with palem,
    if they have high tpa/wpa go with ddodge.

hostly i like to do this even with high activity
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    If you don't have that kind of activity, just treat him like a regular prov with nice stats.

Assume 2rtpa/rwpa, 100 bpa in both, 10% WTs, so like 3.5 mod.

Strategy Moderator
    Assume 2rtpa/rwpa, 100 bpa in both, 10% WTs, so like 3.5 mod.
    Well thats a terrible mod tpa/wpa so i'd have to assume they were an attacker with a very high opa. In that case chain, either with or w/out Amnesia, depending on what i want my mages to be casting at the time.

OK then, what's a better tpa/wpa to assume for most pumped sage attackers?

Strategy Moderator
    OK then, what's a better tpa/wpa to assume for most pumped sage attackers?
    well the numbers you gave were fine for mod tpa/wpa, i just pointed out that with values that low the prov would probubly have >130 opa and thus you'd want to chain them since their threat is their offence.

If i wanted to see a situation where an ATTACKER would be massacred then ns'd i'd look at shrimp for the end stats for my kd last age. While we didnt run any sages an undead attacker with 2k points per acre was running 6 mod wpa and 5 mod tpa. he still had opa >100 and decent dpa. In that case though his numbers were high enough u might want to massacre him and then ns.

If they double in size, their bpa halves, and their personality bonus and libs lessen. Is it remotely useful to let them grow and fireball them? If you chain them, they are hard to bring down with higher opa/dpa than others, and they have a huge pop% sci bonus which saves them from some overpop.

Refer to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwA8V6hcqQo

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by DDodge View Post
    U can do massacres equal to the amount of hits you would have chained, so like 9+ . Then his tpa is terrible and has many unbuilt acres. Everyone in your kingdom can NS him after 9 massacres. Problem solved he is now a land shell
    i think i had it right the first time.

i dont want to reveal too many secrets here, BUT....... massacre IGNORES GS. thats right, guard stations dont effect the damage done by massacres. Just SHELL him out. 6 massacres, then NS him to the ground. If he still has WTs or TDs after the 6 massacres, his WPA will be **** anyways. Almost anyone in your kingdom can op him at this point, so just have random attackers throw some tornados on him and then start the NS process.

He will NEVER get his tpa/wpa back, so he'll be a shell for the rest of the war.

hope that helps

It helps immensely, thanks.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's a secret that GS don't affect massacres?

I thought GS and fort affected learns, plunders, and massacres.

Strategy Moderator
    i think i had it right the first time.
    i'd personally disagree, i like chaining more. While massacres can work they take just as much effort as a chain. For example after 6 massacres 6 wpa =>~4.4 wpa OR 6 tpa => ~3.5 tpa. Sure "effective" but your argument

Just SHELL him out. 6 massacres, then NS him to the ground. If he still has WTs or TDs after the 6 massacres, his WPA will be **** anyways. Almost anyone in your kingdom can op him at this point, so just have random attackers throw some tornados on him and then start the NS process.
    that random attackers can finish e'm off with ops is a bit optimistic unless there is at least 30-40% growth on the target as well, which doesn't occur EVERY time.

Not saying its worse than chaining, just that it also takes effort and isn't guaranteed to be better than chaining(and is counter able with an intrakd hit). I will give u though that shelling out can make the other kd demotivated when u finally choose to chain them off, while regular chaining runs the risk of being unsuccessful due to the high science.

Post Demon
    yea I do agree with your entire post persian. Like you noted I was assuming that the province was growing, so the tpa/wpa numbers would be even worse off.

Also didn't even think of intra-kd hits as a counter to it.... We should have used that tactic last war

Thread Information