Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WoL war tourney

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

WoL war tourney

Since people want a war tourney again why don't we just set one up and run it in the server that we DO have.

Set some ground rules. Get people to sign up. War each other through the age. When it's over designate the winner the 'Warring crown'.

The good:
    -No more 'looking for wars'.
    -No more people running away and hiding in fort
    -Lots of good wars with lots of good warring kds
    -A real, true way of designating a warring crown
    -It's free! :D (;p)

The bad:
    -No way to 100% eliminate outside interference (but that's just the same risk as warring currently)
    -Would be run by players
    -Setting stipulations may be tedious when dealing with things like science.

Yay? Nay?

Forum Addict
    From other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Topsy View Post
    Why need a server for this? I've actually been thinking about this all age and think it could be pretty fun if people participated. Have it so tournament starts at 1 week oop with a certain cap on what land kd's can be(say 25 * 415 + 2000 to give people some room to make fun nw distributions), then each war can be a maximum of 5-7 days(winner is kd with more nw or land after that if it goes that long), then have a certain amount of time in between the max war time and the next round with a new , higher land cap, and move from there. You can do whatever you want when oow, as long as at start of new round you are below the cap. Could establish the hostile rules however you want as well at start of age.

edit: if had enough peeps, could have 2 tourneys with 1 having kd's with 20-23 provs, and another with 24-25.
    so yeah, i think this could be pretty fun!

A war tourney to crown who the best 2nd class warring kd is? sounds like fun

Last edited by mbab; 02-08-2012 at 12:07. Reason: delete the post

edited because i failed to read :)
    Last edited by Angelus; 02-08-2012 at 11:58.
    uTools for Firefox | uTools for Chrome
    [Angels - Mercy - Evolution - Rage ]

Veteran
    People are so bad at reading. The post clearly says arranged by players in the current server.

If I believed the concept would work, sillcats would be onboard for many warars =D But in reality, when a scheduled date comes up and a kd don't think they will win the war, no way they press the button just cause tournament rules says so. Keeping people same size is also a huge issue. Let people spawn ideas though, and if they seem credible we can consider it!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yes Angelus...I'm dying for attention ;)

@Elurin - If someone wants to play stupid games like that, then they lose and the kd they're avoiding gets the win. Maybe have some other negative consequences since having a large mass of warring kds angry with you isn't healthy. We don't really need to rely on the in-game war tracking to count up wins and losses.

Plus one of the goals for putting land caps and nw-marks would be to avoid any unfair advantage outside of "That kd is better than ours".

Post Fiend
    for ideas bout how to war check the other Tournament thread , too lazy to paste all thats stuff from there here . however i think a already known kd tournament , rather than smth like GuW , would be more interesting and would settle many debates bout kds who whore can't war , etc :P

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Paid version: 1200 views
    Free, immediate alternative: not even 200 views lol

they update that one more so it comes up when i click "new posts"

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Paid version: 1200 views
    Free, immediate alternative: not even 200 views lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5Mr5eCF2U

the internet's the new frontier, people like to rabble rabble rabble.

should make the protection and CF EOW gives cheaper explores so they can get back to acre.

how would a cap on acres work? if u go overcap from gains from war. would u need to hit yourself backdown to the cap to enter another war?

this would be very interesting. would like to play this.

^ultimate suggestion
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Post Fiend
    yeah but all in all its real simple Freaks win. everyone else has been beaten in the last what 15 ages?

FS is unbeatable, just give up even thinking otherwise.

Thread Information