Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Good war kd's outside top 10

I suppose the main issue is a kingdom has a good age but then they cannot maintain it the following age and to be fair its also down to the lack of competition. If you only fight ghettos all age then you lose your edge.

for me FS is the current standard setters because they've done it age in age out and constantly have good ages.

there are kingdoms who as celien said "got great potential" but they have to do it for more than a few ages lol.

the same can be said for the top 10 land charts - there is not enough top class competition now - I mean EJ and Vengeance are almost top 10 land kingdoms lol. Kingdoms dont even have to run cows now lol.
    Last edited by fuzzy|; 10-04-2012 at 19:53.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy
    you war and beat targets who were suppose to be better that your team then you are good but if we just do average wars and win all then how is that being good when you warring and winning against enemies of sub standard levels?
    so that puts your list of kds as what?
    Balance
    bodega
    Bunnies
    CanWe
    Divinity
    Dopefiends
    Dreamworks
    Elitist Jerks
    fluffym
    Freeakstyle
    Hoff
    HUNG3R
    Melee Weapons
    sanitarum
    silly cats
    TUWAD
    weHurt

Its gonna start getting long since basically every kd that routinely finish mid tier top 15-40 ends up with a lot of war wins due to beating a few ghettos early before fighting each other.

Or is your goal more which of these mid tier kd are say the top 5? That'd be harder to determine.

edit
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy| View Post
    for me FS is the current standard setters because they've done it age in age out and constantly have good ages.
    well if you want to do that why not just ask some of those kd's what their war record is over the past 4+ ages, i bet there are at least a few kd that have almost no losses in the past few ages. FS would be up there, sure but i bet a few other kds are nearly flawless.
    Last edited by Persain; 10-04-2012 at 19:57.

Veteran
    Lack of skilled players to manage provs properly
    Lack of activity - not perfect
    Lack of leadership - not good

If the only difference between warring kingdoms and t10 was that warring kingdoms chose not to sit and pump, that would be one thing. But when there's a noticeable skill difference between the two tiers, then you can't call a kingdom "good" if they can't hang.

It seems that even those skill levels are eroding and we'll see a closer level of skill between top 10 and top 30. Finding skilled replacements is not that easy, and most players are typically not that good... so you might find T5-30 more even now. Although leadership quality in the TOP kingdoms might be similar to what it was before, there's still huge value in having players that can run their own provs *properly*.

Typically it seems that the kingdom will have one or the other (skills or activity) and that relegates them to the 2nd tier that now goes by the pet name "warring kingdom", which wasn't always the case. It's what has given the "warring by choice" kingdoms a bad rap in the past 5-10 ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    well if you want to do that why not just ask some of those kd's what their war record is over the past 4+ ages.....
    lol why would I waste time doing that? I could careless who think's they're good at warring. I was merely pointing out that compared to the old days - the standards have dropped. Is EJ good at warring? in todays climate yes but take us back say 15 ages and have us face kingdoms from then, no we are not - we average lol

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    .....Its gonna start getting long since basically every kd that routinely finish mid tier top 15-40.....
    thats also sort of the point im trying to make - it used to be that only the top 5 = worthy chart goal then it became finishing top 10 now its top 40? EJ will probly finish top 10 land charts without even trying thats how low the competition is now in the charts.
    Last edited by fuzzy|; 10-04-2012 at 20:09.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Post Fiend
    Balance got MENTIONED awesome

Post Demon
    The main issue is we are all old.
    When I started playing game was populated with bunch of teens and kids, some of those teens and kids are still arround and make for 90% of server population. We are often 30+. with jobs, families and plenty rl shiit goin on, we got no time or energy to spend hours and hours daily online to perform at our best ... its just the way things are. Game is tailored for ppl who can spend lot of time online and its time exhausting to play let alone to lead. Theres plenty leadership figures arround ... they just refuse to lead^^

Same things goes for province management. I have ppl in my KD who just hibernate between wars, they dont random, they dont do learns, they dont rob to pump sci ... they just wait for wars and even than your likely to see them miss hits for getin drunk/workin late/getin frisky with the ladies or whatever. They still got skill they just dont care any more ... this is no longer center of our life ... just a passtime =)

So yeah standards have fallen across the boards, we are *gasp* casuals !

That beein said standars in the nw tier have droped much lower than in warrin/mid tier imo. Even with our casual play and us regulary setin landcaps anf forbiding growth for smaler provs and droping biger ones thru intrarazes/friendly outside hits we often find ourself in 10-20 spots endage ... stuff like that used to be imposible in the old times.

i'm seeing that now the top10 has a lot of action etc

hopefully the small warring kds will rise up to get a piece of it since it's no longer boring diceville! i know our war with EJ was very fun, hopefully more good casual kds will come up. :D

maybe they'll be able to shut up all the people who say they're not "good enough" ;)
    Reptar in Paris - Ball So Hard Babies Try to Find Me
    Summer 2013

Strategy Moderator
    lol why would I waste time doing that? I could careless who think's they're good at warring. I was merely pointing out that compared to the old days - the standards have dropped. Is EJ good at warring? in todays climate yes but take us back say 15 ages and have us face kingdoms from then, no we are not - we average lol
    i dont think its the standards that have slipped but just that the community has shrunk. U guys might be what top 5 waring kds (with the ability to be the best) back in the day that puts you normally finishing in the top 40( with the ability to be top 5)? doesn't mean your a worse kd it just means that you get recognition now becasue people never remember more than top 5-10 so its easier for an average kd to have a lucky age and finish up there.

EJ will probly finish top 10 land charts without even trying thats how low the competition is now in the charts.
    To be fair therse probably only what 8-9 kds that even TRY to make it in the top 10 land anymore, breaking top 50 land became a joke when the community switch to thinking that warring was more fun.

Enthusiast
    Well, that's because for a majority of players warring is more fun. just seeing how big you can grow your province every 12-14 weeks gets old! even in the ghettoes outside the t100 activity is subpar oow compared to when war starts! It gives the players a reason to login and enjoy the game!

Postaholic
    BiO & Pulse are 2 kd's I've led and as any one who actually know me would know that I'm all for wars and hate the whoring/dicing game. Funny how I'm doing it this age but it will be the first and last.

After leading against, and warring most 'top warring' kd's. I can say only a few standout as being 'consistently good'.

1. Dopefiends
    2. Freakstyle
    3. Stronghold (are they even around anymore?)
    4. Jerks

I'm sure the above kd's have lost wars before. FS lost to Pulse when I led it, but they also beat BiO 2 ages later. But in terms of being consistent through the ages, they are up there at the top.

Any kingdom tagged WuA is pretty elite I hear
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Not enough freeakstyle

Too much everyone else

Post Fiend
    o yeah freakstyle the best but BALANCE was mentioned muhahahhahahahah

stronghold is disbanded

Ranking kingdoms by average opponent size is pretty misleading. We had a ghetto give us the button by retalling too much. Should we have run away? ofc now. And what if you do heavy massacres during hostile. That's going to drop the other kingdom's netw quite a bit and you'll get ranked lower because of great coordination during hostile.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Thread Information