Thread: Good war kd's outside top 10

\o/
    CanWe

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    Any kingdom tagged WuA is pretty elite I hear

xD

Forum Addict
    The ranking is to base these kd's record against each other because it's then they are properly tested. Especially when they keep themselves small so they are in the range of numerous ghettos. I preferred when the player base was larger and top 50, top 100 kd's were shifted over to BF. That way you can really see how good kd's are.

For now the only measurement is the head to head record this kd's have against each other. I see a lot of them in range of each other now, let's see them fight each other to decide if they are really good warring kd's. Look at the top 7-8 they're tested by constantly warring each other. Now I would prefer if all the warring kd's outside the top 10 step up like how Simians did and started warring in the top 10, I don't think that will happen so for now we just have to count ont the head to head record these kd's have against each other and not by their war wins.
    Last edited by tak3shi; 11-04-2012 at 10:12.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by tak3shi View Post
    Now I would prefer if all the top 10 kd's step up like how Simians did and started warring in the top 10, I don't think that will happen so for now we just have to count ont the head to head record these kd's have against each other and not by their war wins.
    The Top 10 has done nothing but warred this age. Most of em with 2-3 so far and many more to come I can only assume.
    Last edited by baka; 11-04-2012 at 07:55. Reason: apologies to HoH

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    The Top 10 has done nothing but warred this age. Most of em with 2-3 so far and many more to come I can only assume.
    Sorry wrong post, what I meant was for the warring kd's to stepup and war the top 10 instead of purposely staying small to war ghettos.

Post Demon
    I haven't really seen anyone be very impressive at warring for a long time now, not in the top and not anywhere else either. Judging by summaries and such from the top kd wars, I'd say most top kd's of today aren't very good at warring at all, they're either too lazy or have lost the leaders who actually knew how to war. There are some kd's in the top 50 who do have decent activity and organization, but they instead lack the strategic edge to really be good. Freeakstyle are (were?) good, but not extremely good by any measure, and I dunno how they motivate themselves when they really just rehash the same strategy and setup every age. Other than that, most kd's today are a bit meh. Especially the kd's Bishop play in should just give up already, I mean come on... warring with an irish drunk in the kd?
    Last edited by Luc; 11-04-2012 at 10:37.

Stop following me.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Stop following me.
    lulz

Enthusiast
    I haven't really seen anyone be very impressive at warring for a long time now, not in the top and not anywhere else either. Judging by summaries and such from the top kd wars, I'd say most top kd's of today aren't very good at warring at all, they're either too lazy or have lost the leaders who actually knew how to war. There are some kd's in the top 50 who do have decent activity and organization, but they instead lack the strategic edge to really be good. Freeakstyle are (were?) good, but not extremely good by any measure, and I dunno how they motivate themselves when they really just rehash the same strategy and setup every age. Other than that, most kd's today are a bit meh. Especially the kd's Bishop play in should just give up already, I mean come on... warring with an irish drunk in the kd?
    Most top kd's have perfect activity, maybe some nub misses hes army by 1 hour. And you think top kd leaders are lazy? try beeing a leader in a avian kd that has 6.5-7 hour attack times. Any top kd would beat those random "warring" kd's anyday.

Strategy Moderator
    For now the only measurement is the head to head record this kd's have against each other. I see a lot of them in range of each other now, let's see them fight each other to decide if they are really good warring kd's.
    That's being done all age...plenty of mid ranged wars right now

Look at the top 7-8 they're tested by constantly warring each other.
    hehe if u believe any of the top 10 kds consistently war with the sole purpose of the war win you havent looked at the top 10 in over the past 4+ ages.

Now I would prefer if all the warring kd's outside the top 10 step up like how Simians did and started warring in the top 10, I don't think that will happen so for now we just have to count ont the head to head record these kd's have against each other and not by their war wins.
    yup, most of those outside the top 10 wont go up either because they cant or like being able in the top 10-50 and finding wars in a short time. I for one would be angry at my kd if they wanted to be top 10, its not fun up there and head to head records over a few ages in the mid range nw still proves who wars well.

edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Saatana View Post
    Most top kd's have perfect activity, maybe some nub misses hes army by 1 hour. And you think top kd leaders are lazy? try beeing a leader in a avian kd that has 6.5-7 hour attack times. Any top kd would beat those random "warring" kd's anyday.
    Well they dont all have perfect activity, simians last loss showed that they slacked during the weekends. though the point isnt to debate if the top would win or loose only who is "good" outside the top 10.
    Last edited by Persain; 11-04-2012 at 14:50.

Postaholic
    Very few kingdoms have the level of activity compared to the more established kingdoms. It's been a long time since I've warred a KD that managed to get 25*'s on for a wave. Even for the more established KD's it rarely occurs now - I think only OS managed to get the 25*'s this age for wave.

But there are a few kingdoms that manage with the lack of activity due to good leadership and more technically sound tactics. Whilst hanging around in the 2nd tier sized kd's I think only Freakstyle had the right anti-strats and tactics. Back then it was Pulse, Freedom, Schadenfreude, Marvel, BiO, Sleepy to name a few kd's that actually had some of the top notch level of activity paired with sound war tactics for 2nd tier kingdoms - now it's really hard to compare.

Strategy Moderator
    Very few kingdoms have the level of activity compared to the more established kingdoms. It's been a long time since I've warred a KD that managed to get 25*'s on for a wave. Even for the more established KD's it rarely occurs now - I think only OS managed to get the 25*'s this age for wave.
    last age the toilet paper kd (i think their name was "over is right") got 25 people online within seconds of us waving them, so it still happens even in the mid teir. To be fair though if planned out right 25 online at once doesnt give as big an advantage as it used to compared to 15 online at once at time A and 10 online at time B, which is what i normally see in "waring" kds.

But there are a few kingdoms that manage with the lack of activity due to good leadership and more technically sound tactics. Whilst hanging around in the 2nd tier sized kd's I think only Freakstyle had the right anti-strats and tactics. Back then it was Pulse, Freedom, Schadenfreude, Marvel, BiO, Sleepy to name a few kd's that actually had some of the top notch level of activity paired with sound war tactics for 2nd tier kingdoms - now it's really hard to compare
    noteworthy too that BIO would have always been named a good "Waring" kd outside the top 10 untill this age. I know bio has lost a few wars too, but that could just be bad war choices seeing as how they are competing with the "top" kd right now for land.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Saatana View Post
    Umm, define perfect activity? 23+ *'s on the kd page is pretty rare nowadays, and people actually idling online both before and after their hits is not all that common today (many have jobs, families etc.). The best of the non-whoring warring kd's can match that (at least they could a couple of ages ago).

I said nothing about top leaders, I said the kingdoms are lazy. Most of the players have been around for a long time and don't really feel like spending time on warring anymore, so they slack off and just want to dice all age.

I have lead an avian kingdom, and we actually did soldier bouncing and stuff too, not just hour-long dragged out waves and log off. That was several years ago tho. The 10-20 best warring kd's from back then would beat any kd on the server today, any day of the week.

No, any top kd would not beat the "random" warring kd's any day. The best of them probably would, but that's not very many anymore. The best of the non-whoring warring kd's have ex-top players who got bored of whoring in them, and those players are usually better at warring than those who keep on whoring. It's also not unusual for good warring strategists to move over to more active warring kd's, and for those who prefer whoring/diplomacy to stay with the charting kd's instead. If you think the warring kd's are just made up of complete nubs who never did anything worthwhile in the game, you're very ignorant.
    Last edited by Luc; 11-04-2012 at 20:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    Ranking kingdoms by average opponent size is pretty misleading. We had a ghetto give us the button by retalling too much. Should we have run away? ofc now. And what if you do heavy massacres during hostile. That's going to drop the other kingdom's netw quite a bit and you'll get ranked lower because of great coordination during hostile.
    yep

Post Fiend
    last age the toilet paper kd (i think their name was "over is right") got 25 people online within seconds of us waving them
    That would be balance. Balance Rules muahhahaha

Thread Information